AirSoft is .......

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Hawk_

.......the dumbest crap I've ever seen....If you want to act like the military ....JOIN the Military.

No Caption Provided
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

.... uh-huh. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

what's the point in making a thread for this?

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Hawk_

@danhimself: To show my opinion that airsoft is stupid........What's the point in your questioning me making a thread?

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Hawk_

Let me say this: If you are under 12 and playing "war" sure go ahead. But grown ass men........come on!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@_Hawk_ said:

Let me say this: If you are under 12 and playing "war" sure go ahead. But grown ass men........come on!

So where do FPS games and paintball fall into this? 
_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Hawk_

@JediXMan: I'm more talking about the guys who dress in Full Seal Tact gear......down to the 511 pants and Mechanix gloves.

There is having fun with your buddies at the paintball course and then there is spending $5k on gear to look just like a Special Operator.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@_Hawk_ said:

@JediXMan: I'm more talking about the guys who dress in Full Seal Tact gear......down to the 511 pants and Mechanix gloves.

There is having fun with your buddies at the paintball course and then there is spending $5k on gear to look just like a Special Operator.

Maybe. For me, I'd settle for camo, a decent gun, boots, etc. And I already own the boots.

I don't really play paintball, though I have a few friends who do. I'm in the fencer category; so replace gun with sword.
_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Hawk_

@JediXMan: Fencing!!!!!! AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p682AZ-Q6A&feature=relmfu

I just have issues with this. As a person with Military background (I won't go into detail) and raise in a family with several special Operators......it's just insulting.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@_Hawk_

I love it. Depending on who you ask, some see it is simply a sport while others see it as reminiscing of a more gentlemanly time. I consider it a combination thereof. I'm the kind of guy who thinks obnoxious screamers ruin the sport. I myself am considering a respectful fencer, as well as extremely aggressive.

Keep in mind that it's a sport that requires you to salute your opponent before and after, as well as shaking the opponent's hand afterward. Refusing to do either results in your removal from the competition, meaning your name is wiped from the board like you were never even there. It's gentlemanly, and screamers just ruin that. 

If you don't know what screaming is.... well take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBFI2rU8u5k

Now that's not necessarily the norm; that guy is excessive. But it's only excessive in the fact that he takes off his mask, while others do it while the mask is down or occasionally tilt it up. I do neither. Some say it's a means of releasing energy. I keep that energy in and it all goes into my attacks. 

Back to the airsoft thing (sorry, I'm a tad passionate when it comes to fencing): honestly, I've never known someone to take airsoft that seriously. Paintball... depends. Sometimes, maybe.
Avatar image for magneticshockwave
MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Airsoft is for fun. A kids game. It's better than playing bee bee gun wars because bee bee/pellets  might puncture the flesh.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By _Hawk_

Going to bed guys.......I'll complain about something else tomorrow.

And screaming is disrespectful imho.....I'd punch the guy in the face.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

Ah stereotyping, how I(don't) love you.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By EdwardWindsor

I used to be in a paintball team and had blakc ps style gear. If you eneter competitons for fun like we did you need half decent gear. In my opinion Paintball > air soft since airsoft rounds dont hurt with armour plates in suits paintballs still do if you get hit with a decent powered gun.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

this seems like a lot of anger towards a hobby, seriously do you also freak out on cosplayers?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Let the children have their fun.

MoodyKingMoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By MoodyKingMoron

I used to be into Airsoft, granted its great for gun-nuts like me to actually handle replicas of some good stuff and it does have that same sense of childish fun that nerf wars and super-soaker fights had. On the other hand, its full of elitist assholes who will look down on anyone who doesn't buy the latest greatest gear that can easily run up to thousands of dollars, far more than buying an actual gun and ammo and actually learning some damn responsibilty and maturity. Not only that, they insist that Airsoft is a ''sport'' despite having no set rules or any kind of professionalism at all. Hell, the closest I've seen to actual rules was when one game, everyone simply LARPed Counterstrike or COD. Still, to each his own, even if it looks stupid as hell.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@MoodyKingMoron: exactlky why i prefer paintball dude , it has clear rules and therefore its kind of more like a sport. Even though its still just a game