After her defeat will Ronda Rousey return to the UFC?

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll After her defeat will Ronda Rousey return to the UFC? (17 votes)

YES 94%
NO 6%

I'm thinking she won't but hopefully I'm wrong

• 
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she will.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

She has to, there is a little thing called a contract.

Besides that her future depends wildly on her MMA background, if she leaves after getting stomped in a fight, well she is screwed, the reason why she had a brighter future that Carano in the mainstream media was the fact she was undefeated, Carano lose, but then it was found out that Cyborg was using roids and things during the fight, sure it hurt Carano career outside the MMA world, but Rousey got stomped in the fight by a clearly superior fighter, its pretty obvious this means, no more big movies and no more mainstream media attention.

People loves and hates winners, no one care for the fighter that retired after one lose.

Carano re obtain some legitimacy with the whole Cyborg was using juice, Rousey has to do the same, the only way is either, winning a rematch or go and have tons of fights.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ya, I think she almost has to right now. Retiring now just makes her look like a punk which I don't think sells her well as an actor. She could prob do ok jumping to the wwe but I'd have to think someone who seems to be a very competitive person will want a rematch. Plus the fact that all the work she put in up till now is just starting to pay off in terms of the money she gets for fighting. A rematch would prob be the second biggest pay day of her career if not the biggest. Only makes sense that she will come back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, it'll be a while, though. They haven't announced it, but I'm pretty sure she got her jaw broken in the first round.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: A contract isn't indentured servitude or slave labor, she can retire whenever she wants....

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I believe so. If not, she would just be seen as a coward.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: A contract isn't indentured servitude or slave labor, she can retire whenever she wants....

She would need to buy the contract to do that.

Avatar image for deadpool_the_merc_with_a_mouth
Deadpool_The_Merc_With_A_Mouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yes. She's really cocky.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: They cannot force her into the cage if she does not want to fight. She can retire whenever she wants without spending a cent.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter said:

@deathpoolthet1000: They cannot force her into the cage if she does not want to fight. She can retire whenever she wants without spending a cent.

That they can not force you to do something is one thing, a contract says you provide a service and they have to pay you, if you or the other part dont keep their part, a legal battle will start.

Ask CM Punk about this.

In law, a contract (or informally known as an agreement in some jurisdictions) is an agreement having a lawful object entered into voluntarily by two or more parties, each of whom intends to create one or more legal obligations between them. The elements of a contract are "offer" and "acceptance" by "competent persons" having legal capacity who exchange "consideration" to create "mutuality of obligation."[1]

Proof of some or all of these elements may be done in writing, though contracts may be made entirely orally or by conduct. The remedy forbreach of contract can be "damages" in the form of compensation of money or specific performance enforced through an injunction. Both of these remedies award the party at loss the "benefit of the bargain" or expectation damages, which are greater than mere reliance damages, as inpromissory estoppel. The parties may be natural persons or juristic persons. A contract is a legally enforceable promise or undertaking that something will or will not occur. The word promise can be used as a legal synonym for contract,[2] although care is required as a promise may not have the full standing of a contract, as when it is an agreement without consideration.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Flumox56

Yes, Probably with even more of a chip on her shoulder.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: nah, she could retire at any point just as plenty of other fighters have done before her. What they sign are agreements to only fight for the ufc. Money is tied to the fights. She or anyone else could easily walk away but the only thing they can't do is fight for another mma organization before their contract expires.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronda even said she'd be back.... she's not GSP

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan
@kgb725 said:

Ronda even said she'd be back.... she's not GSP

If she left after a loss she'd be like GSP? A guy who has come back after losses on more than one occasion. I assume you're referring to his controversial win over Hendricks, which wasn't his reason for retirement. The only thing the Hendricks fight had to do with his retirement was Dana White's disrespect afterwards, which GSP cited as one of his many reasons for stepping away from the sport.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kgb725

@thenaughtytitan: He lost to a legend and possibly the greatest welterweight of all time I think his circumstances were different than Ronda who was being hyped as the female Mayweather of the UFC

I just felt he turned his back on the sport when he still had years left. I get that it was exhausting for him but

I legitimatly thought he was going to maybe take a year or 2 off and then come back when all of his issues were sorted out. What did Dana do or say to GSP after the Hendricks fight that upset Georges ?

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@thenaughtytitan: His first loss to Hughes was GSP on the comeup not him as a bonafide legend to the sport.

I just felt he turned his back on the sport when he still had years left. I get that it was exhausting for him but

I legitimatly thought he was going to maybe take a year or 2 off and then come back when all of his issues were sorted out. What did Dana do or say to GSP after the Hendricks fight that upset Georges ?

True that his loss to Hughes was on the come up, but he still isn't akin to Ronda who would be leaving after one loss if she did choose to retire. He could have continued to fight, but it really wasn't the best thing for him, which is why he retired. Mentally he just wasn't in it anymore, and with all the injuries and punishment he's taken over the years he's not exactly in his prime.

He's referenced Dana a few times for being a reason for leaving the sport, I think he did so on Chael Sonnen's podcast specifically.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably for a rematch with Holm and unless she fights to her advantages next time she'll get wrecked again.