• 95 results
ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ssj_god

me and my bro have always argued over who'd win in a fight, as these two are the most fiercest of the cat family

average weight of a male african lion is 186 kg(410lb).... largest found was 313 kg(690lb)

average weight of a male bengal tiger is 221.2 kg(488lb).. largest found was 388.7 kg(857lb)

now siberian tiger is the biggest in the cat family (230 kg/510lb) .. but by fierceness and aggressiveness and skills, .. bengal tiger far outclasses it .. and has claimed the most fierce tiger title

the african lion is the most fierce predator in the fields of savanna. even a group of other predators doesn't show guts to engage a male african lion in a fight.

even nature has drawn boundary between it's toughest two predators... neither of them are found in other's praying ground.

and as it come down two a fight between two, i think it's really up to personal opinions on who's gonna win

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in hot sex.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Easternwind

Ask a zoologist.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked Lions better so I'm going with African Lion.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SirNeko

Human with a gun, heeeey an Evolution joke.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in hot sex.

they are both males in this fight O.o

Ask a zoologist.

they'll have split opinions also

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lord44

There are too many variables in play. The lion has been designed by nature to fight and take on opponents, while the tiger is a solitary hunter who occasionally deals with others of his kind. Despite the difference in size things can go either way.. the lion would fight to the death while the tiger would seek an escape because his instinct leads him to avoid injury that might compromise the hunting of its prey, with resulting in his death. I say 50/50 - Tiger is bigger and a little stronger, lion is more determined and classified on Fight to the Death!

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@mayan_fist said:

Ends in hot sex.

@easternwind said:

Ask a zoologist.

but they would be better informed.

But this would be more debate heavy on here.

if only we could combine the two

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@mayan_fist said:

Ends in hot sex.

@easternwind said:

Ask a zoologist.

it was done..

and a liger (lion + tiger) was created using a male african lion and a female bengal tiger

the liger was bigger in size than either of it's parents .. but the huge size makes it slow .. and it was described that it wont last in the wild due to not being able to catch a prey.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Easternwind

@ssj_god said:

@easternwind said:

@ssj_god said:

@mayan_fist said:

Ends in hot sex.

@easternwind said:

Ask a zoologist.

it was done..

and a liger (lion + tiger) was created using a male african lion and a female bengal tiger

the liger was bigger in size than either of it's parents .. but the huge size makes it slow .. and it was described that it wont last in the wild due to not being able to catch a prey.

No i meant combine the debating of comic vine with the knowledge of the animals XD

I know about ligers. I love Biology and Physics especially biology

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably a tie or the Tiger. Due to it's size.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XiiX

@ssj_god said:

me and my bro have always argued over who'd win in a fight, as these two are the most fiercest of the cat family

the african lion is the most fierce predator in the fields of savanna. even a group of other predators doesn't show guts to engage a male african lion in a fight.

Actually lions have been well documented as being overwhelmed and chased off a kill by hyenas.

And the tiger would win. I believe whenever they've been held captive and fought, the tiger won nearly every time.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssj_god

@xiix:

i think you watched that lion being tiger's punching bag video :D

well .. that type of videos has been made for both sides not only for tiger :D

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tiger

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Nah, I'd read about it beforehand. Which makes sense. A tiger has virtually every advantage on the lion. Even a stronger bite force.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigers are more skilled.and male lion...? Just tooo lazy

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll say 50/50 but a Lion comes off as more badass

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Depends on the tiger and the lion in question. Both have the capacity to end the fight quickly. Generally speaking lions are more adept killers and fighters whereas Tigers are bigger and more ferocious overall. I'll side with the tiger.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigers are more skilled.and male lion...? Just tooo lazy

lol :D

I'll say 50/50 but a Lion comes off as more badass

Loading Video...

wow :)

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive seen videos of lions and tigers fighting and I don't think I've seen one where the lion actually wins. Tiger FTW

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tyger

Actually, it's been witnessed. (Though with Indian lions.)

Lion manes are designed to protect them from each other during dominance struggles. Not attacking that spot is a learned behavior tigers don't get the chance to learn as cubs. As a result, tigers fight against lions the way they do everything else and get a mouthful of mane on the occasions when they do get the upper hand. (There is a subset of lions in Savo that wouldn't have that advantage, but those guys are just plain vicsious, even by lion standards.)

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssj_god

@tyger said:

Actually, it's been witnessed. (Though with Indian lions.)

Lion manes are designed to protect them from each other during dominance struggles. Not attacking that spot is a learned behavior tigers don't get the chance to learn as cubs. As a result, tigers fight against lions the way they do everything else and get a mouthful of mane on the occasions when they do get the upper hand. (There is a subset of lions in Savo that wouldn't have that advantage, but those guys are just plain vicsious, even by lion standards.)

indian .. or asian lions are really small compared to bengal tiger and african lion .. you can't say an african male lion would do the same thing .. where their mentality has became to do whatever they want whenever they want in the jungle by being the king of savanna fields.

Avatar image for imperator_nocturne
Imperator_Nocturne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hard one, tiger is bigger and stronger, but lion fights regulary against other lions. could go eitherway 50/50

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89:

i see .. i searched in google .. but never found any thread on it

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The reason that lions and tigers don't cohabit the same areas is because tigers kill all the lions.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason that lions and tigers don't cohabit the same areas is because tigers kill all the lions.

lol .. so bold :D

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@ssj_god said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

lol .. so bold :D

John Varty, owner of the Londolozi Reserve in South Africa, said, "People always ask me which one is bigger? If a tiger and a lion had a fight, which one would win? Well, I've seen tigers crunch up a full-grown leopard tortoise like it was nothing. And lions try, but they just don't get it right. If there's a fight, the tiger will win, every time."[40]

The animal rescue organisation Big Cat Rescue of Tampa, Florida answered, "While we would much prefer that people focus their thoughts on saving these magnificent animals than on who would win if a lion and tiger fight, the power of these two largest cats seems to raise this question in people's minds. While it would depend on the size, age, and aggressiveness of the specific animals involved, generally tigers have a significant advantage."[41]

The conservation charity Save China's Tigers stated, "Recent research indicates that the tiger is indeed stronger than the lion in terms of physical strength. Lions hunt in prides, so it would be in a group and the tigers as a solitary creature so it would be on its own. A tiger is generally physically larger than a lion. Most experts would favor a Siberian and Bengal tiger over an African lion."[42]

National Geographic Channel's documentary The Last Lions of Asia mentioned that a Bengal tiger has a weight advantage of 50 kilograms (110 lb) over an Asiatic lion, and can kill the lion in a fight.[43]

John Smith Clarke, a British lion tamer, said in a lecture on the fight between a tiger and a lion given to the Glasgow Zoological Society while showing the actual fight on the screen, "in 100 cases out of 100 the tiger would always beat the lion. It was far more agile, it was not so clumsy in its moments, it was equally strong, it was equally armed, but it fought in a different way. The tiger very often fought rolling on its back and held the lion in its grip until it defeated him."[44]

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Tiger

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tiger will beat the crap out of the lion. Lions are shrimp compared to tigers.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Average sizes, the tiger is a little bigger and moderately more powerful. It should take the lion in a brutal fight.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

well in the case of asiatic lions being beaten by bengal.. i.e indian tigers.. i can say .. asiatic lions are much smaller than african lions in size or weight . and they are habituated on being the second best to the indian tigers (as bengal tigers are indian tigers aswell) .. but african lions aren't like that.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ssj_god

bump

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the tiger and the lion in question. Both have the capacity to end the fight quickly. Generally speaking lions are more adept killers and fighters whereas Tigers are bigger and more ferocious overall. I'll side with the tiger.

In Prides, don't female Lions do most of the killing?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Ah, I don't really know on that front. I just know that lions in general are extremely crafty fighters, and the alpha male is the strongest of them all overall.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Ah, I don't really know on that front. I just know that lions in general are extremely crafty fighters, and the alpha male is the strongest of them all overall.

I agree. but Alpha Lions tend to sit back a lot and they let the females do most of the hunting. Male lions are lazy, lol.
Whereas Tigers are solitary hunters, which I find to be cooler. I actually read somewhere that all Tigers have a birthmark on their foreheads that represents the Mandarin symbol for 'king'.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The king of the jungle

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@i_like_swords said:

I agree. but Alpha Lions tend to sit back a lot and they let the females do most of the hunting. Male lions are lazy, lol.

Whereas Tigers are solitary hunters, which I find to be cooler. I actually read somewhere that all Tigers have a birthmark on their foreheads that represents the Mandarin symbol for 'king'.

Yeah, I mean I like both of them as warriors in different ways. That's pretty cool about the Mandarin symbol. Makes sense in a way lol.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@WarBlade539 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Yeah, I mean I like both of them as warriors in different ways. That's pretty cool about the Mandarin symbol. Makes sense in a way lol.

Yep. It's even cooler considering the fact that so many disciplines of combat are inspired from animals too.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Lion wins.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm backing the lion.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Lion's mane pretty much helps decide this one.

King of the Jungle wins.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WarBlade539

Tiger's are bigger, stronger and more ferocious.