Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) 1 year, 9 days ago

Poll: Adolf Hitler VS Joseph Stalin (26 votes)

Adolf Hitler 62%
Joseph Stalin 38%

Who is more evil and why?

#1 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17498 posts) - - Show Bio

More evil as in who is worse?

#2 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes sir!

#3 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler

#4 Posted by JediXMan (29245 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler. Yes, I know Stalin had a bigger body count, but... eh. Stalin had more of an, "anyone who is against me dies" attitude, whereas Hitler participated in racial genocide. Just seems more evil to kill based on race and ethnicity.

#5 Posted by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler is worse....he wanted to kill anyone non-Germanic....but he also included exceptions like Japan in the weird superior race theory,

Hitelr is more evil, although Stalin is still terrible may be responsible for the death of 7 million of his own family.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6gtzo0qle1r295jmo1_500.jpg

#6 Edited by The Stegman (22722 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say Hitler was worse. I'm no historian, but from what I gather, Stalin killed mostly people who he deemed enemies, whether it was opposing soldiers, spies, deserters etc. Hitler wanted to kill anyone who was Aryan, he was a madman.

#7 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say Hitler was worse. I'm no historian, but from what I gather, Stalin killed mostly people who he deemed enemies, whether it was opposing soldiers, spies, deserters etc. Hitler wanted to kill anyone who was Aryan, he was a madman.

This was my answer. Also, Idi Amin should be here. He's not as bad as Hitler, but he was worse than Stalin.

#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17498 posts) - - Show Bio
@edamame said:

Well, both were horrible, but Stalin is arguably responsible for more death. Some say as many as 60 million people. People should also look at Mao Zedong, Idi Amin and Pol Pot. They were also horrible.

@jedixman said:

Hitler. Yes, I know Stalin had a bigger body count, but... eh. Stalin had more of an, "anyone who is against me dies" attitude, whereas Hitler participated in racial genocide. Just seems more evil to kill based on race and ethnicity.

I agree with this post. I would also argue that Hitler was worse than Stalin, but it is still very debatable.

Stalin was responsible for the death of tens of millions of people within the former Soviet Union and parts of Eastern Europe. For instance, Stalin and the Soviets were responsible for the Holodomor genocide in the Ukraine and the Katyn massacre in Poland, but they were also responsible for the oppression of Soviet civilians in general and people from Central Asia and the Caucasus as those countries underwent Russification. Therefore, the Russian culture, language, identity (etc.) were deemed to be superior. This also happened during the Cold War as the Soviet Russians completely dominated all of those former Warsaw Pact members, such as Poland, former Czechoslovakia, Romania, Hungary, et cetera. However, all of this was done within the Soviet vicinity or the Soviet sphere. Nevertheless, people should see how Stalin treated the disabled, the mentally ill and the other "undesirable" Soviet civilians; he also wanted to create a "master race". There is no doubting that. Also, if Stalin had his way, he probably would have taken over much of the entire world because it was only America that halted his goal to take over all of Europe. The Soviets definitely became much more dangerous throughout the Cold War, though, especially during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Now you have Adolf Hitler who is arguably responsible for the death of at least 50 million people in Europe and even Northern Africa. His racist and genocidal goal to kill all of Europe's Jews, the vast majority of the Slavs in Eastern Europe (alluding to Lebensraum), the disabled, Homosexuals, the mentally ill, Gypsies and Blacks is indicative of the incredibly horrific nature of Nazism. Not to mention the fact that Hitler and the Nazis had all of these crazy goals. I mean, they even had plans to attack the United States, and some of those German U-boats reached parts of the Western Atlantic, the Caribbean, etc.

Sorry for giving a long post (lol), but I thought that it was important to mention. World War II was a very serious, destructive and bloody war. Those were incredibly scary times. C.L. Sulzberger's World War II is an American Heritage Library book that gives readers an idea about these matters.

I agree.

I mean what Hitler and the Nazis did the way they killed people and treated them and experimented on them. I mean both men were tyrants but just the sort of things the Nazis did, words do not describe really. I mean Stalin killed alot more people but it was really just a bullet to the head. I am not trivializing it at all though, but if we have to compare we might as well look at it from how people were killed as well.

I mean one of the big reasons Stalin had people killed was due to his paranoia not mass genocide of a certain race of people.

#11 Posted by Nefarious (18340 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler. He started a genocide, started WWII via invading Poland, responsible for horrifying experiments being performed on people. Should I go on?

#12 Edited by sabracadabra (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler.

#13 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalin. He killed far more people, though we'll never know exactly how many.

#14 Edited by Ostyo (6264 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, more evil because his killing was race based, I would love to hear that idiotic explaination giving to the familys who lost their love ones to that Russian mad man. Stalin, no contest. That man did things to the Ukraine that would give Hitler nightmares.

But both are nothing compared to Mao.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (29245 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

Well, both were horrible, but Stalin is arguably responsible for more death. Some say as many as 60 million people. People should also look at Mao Zedong, Idi Amin and Pol Pot. They were also horrible.

@jedixman said:

I agree with this post. I would also argue that Hitler was worse than Stalin, but it is still very debatable.

Stalin was responsible for the death of tens of millions of people within the former Soviet Union and parts of Eastern Europe. For instance, Stalin and the Soviets were responsible for the Holodomor genocide in the Ukraine and the Katyn massacre in Poland, but they were also responsible for the oppression of Soviet civilians in general and people from Central Asia and the Caucasus as those countries underwent Russification. Therefore, the Russian culture, language, identity (etc.) were deemed to be superior. This also happened during the Cold War as the Soviet Russians completely dominated all of those former Warsaw Pact members, such as Poland, former Czechoslovakia, Romania, Hungary, et cetera. However, all of this was done within the Soviet vicinity or the Soviet sphere. Nevertheless, people should see how Stalin treated the disabled, the mentally ill and the other "undesirable" Soviet civilians; he also wanted to create a "master race". There is no doubting that. Also, if Stalin had his way, he probably would have taken over much of the entire world because it was only America that halted his goal to take over all of Europe. The Soviets definitely became much more dangerous throughout the Cold War, though, especially during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Now you have Adolf Hitler who is arguably responsible for the death of at least 50 million people in Europe and even Northern Africa. His racist and genocidal goal to kill all of Europe's Jews, the vast majority of the Slavs in Eastern Europe (alluding to Lebensraum), the disabled, Homosexuals, the mentally ill, Gypsies and Blacks is indicative of the incredibly horrific nature of Nazism. Not to mention the fact that Hitler and the Nazis had all of these crazy goals. I mean, they even had plans to attack the United States, and some of those German U-boats reached parts of the Western Atlantic, the Caribbean, etc.

Sorry for giving a long post (lol), but I thought that it was important to mention. World War II was a very serious, destructive and bloody war. Those were incredibly scary times. C.L. Sulzberger's World War II is an American Heritage Library book that gives readers an idea about these matters.

Nice write up.

Why is it that I am running into so many historical threads as of late?

#16 Edited by consolemaster001 (4893 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalin, not only did he have a bigger body count, but he also ended up inspiring other people (mao and pol pot) who ended up murdering millions. Also even though he was a racist supermacist maniac hitler was atleast liked by his people (the germans at least). At the end of WW1 most of the "pureblood aryan germans" were poor and starving and the jewish people owned buisnesses that were spreading and succesfull. And Hitler promised to change that so the Germans felt inspired and looked up to him. That's why hitler's party got %90 of the vote and he became reichpresident so after he came to power he stripped the jews of their wealth and gave it to the Germans. He decided to sent the jews to palestine (look up the transfer agreement). It was finally decided to exterminate the jews in 1942 (final solution). Stalin on the other hand was appointed by lenin and was hated by his people. An ukranian woman said in a documentary "It was as if God had sent the angels.". The Nazis were welcomed by the russians but they had to fight for the USSR when the nazis started killing the russians. Let's also not forget that Stalin after the war installed several communist dictatorships in eastern europe that resulted in the purge of thousands of people. In the end even though they were both horrible Stalin was worse.

#17 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitler.

#18 Posted by Outside_85 (8009 posts) - - Show Bio

Oddly enough I would say it was the other way around. Hitler was a racist of the very worst caliber and the times allowed his views to sway the masses of Germany into making him their leader. Stalin on the other hand, was at the end of his life so paranoid he would have people, even senior supporters from within the communist party executed or in the Gulags if he thought they were up to something. If I am not mistaken, his secret police even had quota's of dissidents they had to find, or they might just become suspects as well.