A tale of two desecrations- Korans and British war dead

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

UK based posters may have noted the shocking story of headstones belonging to British and Allied dead in a military cemetery in Libya being smashed by Islamists. Ostensibly the reason was the US military's alleged burning of Korans in Afghanistan( the Korans were reportedly used by Taliban insurgents to secretly communicate). Just two questions for the "perps"- what possible connection between long dead BRITISH soldiers of all faiths( those graves belonging to Jewish servicemen were reportedly singled out) who gave their lives to prevent Libya(and by extension the whole Arab Middle East) becoming part of their Greater German Reich have to do with the burning of Korans by the UNITED STATES forces in AFGHANISTAN and secondly, has it NEVER occurred to these individuals that two wrongs NEVER make one right?( or do they not distinguish by nationality)

As with the"blasphemous Danish cartoons" controversy, Pope Benedict XVI's remarks at Regensburg about the Prophet Mohammed, we are told by Islamists and their "useful idiots" in the media that we must "respect" and "understand" Muslim outrage( translation: not say or do anything that might conceivably upset or offend the sensibilities). My response is to this argument is simple:, in the politest language possible I would say one thing: BALONEY). Firstly, just as my own denomination ( Roman Catholicism) has endured a hell of a lot of flak over the whole "priestly paedophile" business(much of it justified at least in part) and even films like "The Da Vinci Code" without issuing the papal equivalent of a "fatwa", why can Islam's leader similarly not take the moral higher ground and "turn the other cheek"? Secondly, arguing that Islam and matters pertaining to it should be "ring-fenced" from critical commentary amounts to a virtual blasphemy law(not to mention implicitly encouraging other faiths such as Hinduism to demand similar protections-what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander). Thirdly, the idea of "sacred cows"(no pun intended) is rightly alien to Western thought( like it or not Western societies are constitutional monarchies or republics NOT caliphates or theocracies). Fourthly, are Islamic spokesmen seriously arguing/asserting that its followers are so essentially irrational that any insult to their faiht causes them to go off the "deep end"- how very "Islamophobic"!

Anybody else think as I do?

Terry

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

So tired of Islam.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ssejllenrad

Read the life of Muhammad and get the picture why his followers are like that. I hate to be "offending" any Muslims here but Muhammad's life has been full of greed, lust, pride, etc. And that's a fact. I know a lot of Muslims (the greater part, in fact) teaches peace and tolerance. But from the perspective of an outsider who has studied the Quran and the life of Muhammad, I can confidently say that the violence is as justified as peace in Islam. That's just my interpretation. I can be so wrong (in that case, correct me). Don't Fatwa me please?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Vance Astro said:

So tired of Islam.

Infidel! Blasphemy! Blasphemy! A million Astronians will die because of this! Fatwa to the Astronians!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lykopis

I am hoping it was the work of a small group of idiots. Takes only few to make an entire people look bad...

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

@Paracelsus said:

UK based posters may have noted the shocking story of headstones belonging to British and Allied dead in a military cemetery in Libya being smashed by Islamists. Ostensibly the reason was the US military's alleged burning of Korans in Afghanistan( the Korans were reportedly used by Taliban insurgents to secretly communicate). Just two questions for the "perps"- what possible connection between long dead BRITISH soldiers of all faiths( those graves belonging to Jewish servicemen were reportedly singled out) who gave their lives to prevent Libya(and by extension the whole Arab Middle East) becoming part of their Greater German Reich have to do with the burning of Korans by the UNITED STATES forces in AFGHANISTAN and secondly, has it NEVER occurred to these individuals that two wrongs NEVER make one right?( or do they not distinguish by nationality)

As with the"blasphemous Danish cartoons" controversy, Pope Benedict XVI's remarks at Regensburg about the Prophet Mohammed, we are told by Islamists and their "useful idiots" in the media that we must "respect" and "understand" Muslim outrage( translation: not say or do anything that might conceivably upset or offend the sensibilities). My response is to this argument is simple:, in the politest language possible I would say one thing: BALONEY). Firstly, just as my own denomination ( Roman Catholicism) has endured a hell of a lot of flak over the whole "priestly paedophile" business(much of it justified at least in part) and even films like "The Da Vinci Code" without issuing the papal equivalent of a "fatwa", why can Islam's leader similarly not take the moral higher ground and "turn the other cheek"? Secondly, arguing that Islam and matters pertaining to it should be "ring-fenced" from critical commentary amounts to a virtual blasphemy law(not to mention implicitly encouraging other faiths such as Hinduism to demand similar protections-what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander). Thirdly, the idea of "sacred cows"(no pun intended) is rightly alien to Western thought( like it or not Western societies are constitutional monarchies or republics NOT caliphates or theocracies). Fourthly, are Islamic spokesmen seriously arguing/asserting that its followers are so essentially irrational that any insult to their faiht causes them to go off the "deep end"- how very "Islamophobic"!

Anybody else think as I do?

Terry

Just to hit on a few of your points, the Qurans were not burned in Afghanistan, it was in Germany on an American base. Secondly the reason their is not one out spoken voice against the intolerance shown by certain members of the Islamic faith is because there isn't one. They don't have anything that would compare to the Pope for Roman Catholics. Now onto your main point, I agree its about time we stop kowtowing to these extremists. But then again I also believe that all US forces should be pulled back to the US and we shouldn't be involving ourselves in these matters anymore.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By cyberninja

I like to mind my own business, besides I'm not stupid enough to talk sh*t about other people's believes and think that nothing will happen.