• 78 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by joewell (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Online
#2 Posted by King Saturn (224163 posts) - - Show Bio
@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Because GOD desires faith in him over just doing Good Works... if you lack faith in GOD he will not allow you into his Kingdom. The works won't get you there by themselves.  
( Bible Perspective ) 
Online
#3 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Have we started the fire?

Yes. The fire rises.

#4 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Christianity is funny. Not like ha ha funny. Like unfortunate funny.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Narcissists require constant praise.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause apparently the all powerful creator of the universe has horrible self esteem issues

#7 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Depends on what you consider a good life. God considers a sinless life to be good and the only one to live a sinless life is Jesus.

The Bible tells of 2 ways to get to heaven

1. Through accepting God's love through Jesus his son and our savior

2. Following the 10 commandments perfectly

Now tell me which is the easier thing to do?

#8 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: We are the ones who plunged the world into sin.

What is so difficult in believing in a creator. Much better then spending eternity in agony.

Man is so vain and proud its almost commendable.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Both require faith in the existence of God, the question I have is why would a being who has the power to create the universe care whether or not some random guy believes he exists?

#10 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Because God cares. We are sinners and God cares enough to want us to believe in him (I mean why else would he send Christ). If you have any questions just fire away

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat: And the Christian version of God sounds more like a tyrannical dictator than a benevolent being, "Love me and never question me for any reason or else I'll torture you forever." Yeah that's real love.

#12 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: The only God that actually requires you to have a true change of heart and not just pay lipservice.

Also God doesn't torture us. We torture ourselves with our sin. You seem to think God wants us to burn, would a God that was benevolent come down and suffer us?

#13 Posted by joewell (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Ok, about the 10 comandments

It says thou shou listen to thy parents, but what if there parents or hurting or molesting them

and it says thou shou not kill, what if some one is attacking you are your family

Online
#14 Posted by King Saturn (224163 posts) - - Show Bio
@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Depends on what you consider a good life. God considers a sinless life to be good and the only one to live a sinless life is Jesus.

The Bible tells of 2 ways to get to heaven

1. Through accepting God's love through Jesus his son and our savior

2. Following the 10 commandments perfectly

Now tell me which is the easier thing to do?

2 is an impossible feat...  
Romans 3:23 states that clearly...
Online
#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat: God made hell specifically to punish those he feels unworthy of Heaven which would include anyone who questions him or doesn't believe in him, just because someone gets thrown in prison doesn't mean they built the place.

#16 Posted by pooty (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: A fiery furnace where souls are tormented forever does NOT exist. It is a fallacy that has been passed down through the generations much like xmas. The Bible says that Jesus went to hell. so it can't be a fiery punishment.

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Christianity is funny. Not like ha ha funny. Like unfortunate funny.

#18 Posted by nickzambuto (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Just because you're a good person that doesn't mean I'm gonna let you sleep in my house.

#19 Edited by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Hell does exist. It's called the mantle/inner core. Hot enough to melt rock and move continents and keep people from floating away like balloons.

There was a time period early in Earth's evolution named the Hadean Age. It is theorized to be a world of fire and death, nothing able to survive had it evolved then. The world was a ball of destroyed rock, like how The Thing looked when possessed by Angrir.

As a metaphorical thing, it might or might not exist. I'd classify it under the possibility of it existing, much like wormholes and inter-dimensional rifts. Heaven being another possibility, especially with the incredibly high amount of accounts of interactions with reported human spirits and demons. (some fake and hallucinatory, but others unexplainable even for science.)

@InnerVenom123:

All gods by nature are like that. The Greek Gods being the worst of them all.

Also, it's not just the Christian God that's shown to be malicious at times. What Allah demands of his believers makes the Jewish/Christian version look religious (pun intended.)

Vishnu in Hinduism is worshiped simply for being the one to destroy reality. Kali is worshiped for being a high-strength bloodthirsty hard-ass witch. Some even worship Cthulhu, possibly the worst of any modern interps of a god.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Actually some of the Norse Gods like Odin didn't seem to care if you believed in them or not, With Odin all that was necessary to enter Valhalla was to die in battle, didn't even have to be a decent person

#21 Posted by nickzambuto (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Depends on what you consider a good life. God considers a sinless life to be good and the only one to live a sinless life is Jesus.

The Bible tells of 2 ways to get to heaven

1. Through accepting God's love through Jesus his son and our savior

2. Following the 10 commandments perfectly

Now tell me which is the easier thing to do?

2 is an impossible feat...
Romans 3:23 states that clearly...

That's exactly what he was saying. It's easier to just believe Jesus then follow the 10 commandments.

#22 Posted by nickzambuto (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Ok, about the 10 comandments

It says thou shou listen to thy parents, but what if there parents or hurting or molesting them

and it says thou shou not kill, what if some one is attacking you are your family

*Thou shall not foresake thy parents

That goes hand in hand with pretty much not foresaking anyone. The bible teaches that you should always forgive, no matter what. If your parents molest you then do what you have to do, but you can't hold a grudge.

As for killing... that's technically kinda ok IIRC, but only in the most dire of circumstances.

#23 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

Sounds like Sparta.

Death in the battlefield was the greatest glory one could achieve in their life. To live forever was a hideous omen and curse.

The Mayan/Inca/Aztec gods demanded the blood of sacrifice of thousands in a blackmail move to keep clouds from destroying crops or from droughts. Kill for a god, get a reward. Do nothing, you get frakked. Just like the mobs do.

Then again, I've always had a hideously low opinion of the South American gods. Visually cool, in practice they should be the ostracized deities rather than the Christian/Islamic/Jewish God.

#24 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (221 posts) - - Show Bio
@joewell: because were born into sin, that satan started. We through adam and eve have the seed of SIn. Now the bible,  God says hell its not meant for man, And God himself is not willing that any  should parish, but all (every human) comes to repentance. That means we accept that he sent jesus christ to die for our sins, its easy!  u believe that , and your soul is saved forever. However having a sin nature it automaticly  makes us side with the devil for what he did, and like human laws even if  u didnt commit no crime and u get caught with a drug dealer your headed to prison (so to speak). Now in this sin That God hates, he still loves us, gave his life for us, and provides a way for all of us to be saved. Problem is we follow idols, our own way, strange fables and philosophy, Tv, movie BS, friends who have no knowledge ,liars,evolution which translates Evil-lution ,any other false Practices God said not to follow , were doing that right now plus other occult religions instead of FAITH in God & Christ . God asks for faith, the devil demands your allgence ... God gives, replenishes, multiplies,brings life, speaks Truth.  The devil kills  steals destroys,takes,  Lies.  You've all been lied to,  the devils greatest trick isn't convencing the world he doesn't exsist , its Tricking you God isn't Real. also if u go deeper into the scriptures Honey, Christ went to Hell to set captives free, so those who never got to hear him or know him he went to them in Hell durring his 3 days in the pit. So if he can go down there to save those already condemn, he can provide a way for Good people ,and give them one moment to be saved or those never hearing Gods message of salvation.  me personally id rather get it right now then take that eternal chance. Your choice!
#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Yea war gods tended to not give a f**k what you did or thought as long as you kept fighting

#26 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

That explains so much about the alien god things in DC and Marvel. How many times have I wanted to shove a red wood tree in a 10 foot tall Galactus and order him to choke on it. (I'm a horrible comic book nerd D:)

#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Galactus sees worlds the way you see a doughnut, Do you worry about the feelings of the yeast organisms living in those when you chow down on them?

#28 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

Actually they're a form of bacteria, so they don't have life. Not like a virus, that is the closest thing to a living creature without the heartbeat (fire is another thing).

Great, now you're making me want a chocolate covered doughnut.

#29 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Galactus sees worlds the way you see a doughnut, Do you worry about the feelings of the yeast organisms living in those when you chow down on them?

Love this explanation

#30 Posted by War Killer (20191 posts) - - Show Bio
@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Hell was originally created by God as a place of punishment for Satan/Devil and his followers, which as known as demons/fallen angels, because they had rebelled against God. God never intended Hell for us as He had originally created us perfect and in His image.

But because Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they had rebelled against God, which is what sin is. Sin in definition is "to rebel against God," going against His authority and placing ourselves above Him; basically calling ourselves God. 

God cannot be where sin is, because sin is to rebel against Him, so because man (Adam and Eve) had sinned and would now die God must separate Himself from man, who was now a sinner, by placing them in Hell where they would be punished for their rebellion along with Satan and his followers.

Because we are descendants of Adam and Eve (the first man and woman) we have inherited their sin, which is why we do bad things such as killer, stealing, etc. So because we are sinners God must punish us because we had rebelled against Him just as Adam and Eve had. 

The reason why we still go to Hell   despite doing "good things" is because while yes you may have done many nice things in your life; you may have been a nice person, given money to the poor, held open a door for an old woman, but at one time in our lives we have all sinned. That's the whole point of God giving us the Ten Commandments, to show us that no matter how many good things we do, we still have broken one or all of His commandments at some point in our life. To God sin is sin, and God must punish sin and those who commit it.

So you see, the reason we go to Hell is much more than "because I don't believe in God," it's because we are sinners and have rebelled against His authority. 

But here's the great news, though while we are sinners and though we have sinned against God's authority and rightfully deserve to go to Hell, God still loved us so much that He himself stepped down off His throne in Heaven and came to Earth in the form of His Son, a Man, the God-Man, who is fully God and fully man, named Jesus. Living a perfect life without sinning, Jesus/God died on the cross and took upon Himself our sins, dying a death that was ultimately meant for us. But because He is God He proved that He had power even over death itself, raising Himself up from the grave after being dead for three days.

Jesus, who is God, said in John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me." 

See Jesus, who is God is human form, died for us while we were still sinners. You see it's like this, if we were standing before a Judge (who is God), because we had broken the laws (God's commandments) the Judge had every right to bring fourth justice upon us and punish us because we owed a debt that we could not pay. But because God loved us He, as Jesus, showed mercy towards us, stepping in and, by dying on the cross in our place, paid our debt for us. So because our debt was now paid the Judge must now let us go free because we no longer owed Him anything!

See right now we all stand before that same Judge, we all owe Him the debt for our sins but because we cannot pay that debt He must punish us, bringing us to justice. But Jesus is standing next to us and He is offering to pay our debts off for us as a gift, but He is giving us the choice to accept this gift and it is up to us if we're going to accept His gift. If we accept His gift, if we accept Him into our hearts as our Lord and Savior, He will pay off our debt for us and instead the Judge, God, punishing us and sending us to Hell, God will instead show us mercy and allow us into Heaven. But if we choose not to accept Jesus' gift, facing the Judge, God, with the dept (our sin) we cannot pay God will bring justice upon us and punish us for sinning, sending us to Hell.

You don't go to Hell because you simply don't believe in God, you go to Hell because you don't accept Jesus as God and that He is the only way to Heaven. But if you don't want to go to Hell, all you have to do is accept Jesus as God, believe that He died on the cross, rose from the dead, and is the only way to Heaven, repenting for your sins. If you believe these things with all your heart and all your mind you will not go to Hell but instead will live eternity in Heaven. 

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio

Why doesn't god decide there is no sin?

#32 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Why doesn't god decide there is no sin?

What do you mean by that?

Online
#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Why doesn't god decide there is no sin?

What do you mean by that?

At the start when humans or the devil or who ever started the original sin, why doesn't god just decided there was no sin?

#34 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Why doesn't god decide there is no sin?

What do you mean by that?

At the start when humans or the devil or who ever started the original sin, why doesn't god just decided there was no sin?

The same reason God knows all and sees all but still created the Devil knowing how it was going that the Devil was going to rebel. Now tell me would you create something you already know was going to turn out bad but do it anyway?No? I thought so. tThis is what I would like to know as well.

Online
#35 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe if you are good it doesn't matter if you're christian, muslim, atheist...

#36 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Ok, about the 10 comandments

It says thou shou listen to thy parents, but what if there parents or hurting or molesting them

and it says thou shou not kill, what if some one is attacking you are your family

It says murder not kill. Murdering someone is something you do in cold blood.

it says honor your father in mother. Really you could atleast look them up.

#37 Posted by King Saturn (224163 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickzambuto said:

@King Saturn said:

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

Depends on what you consider a good life. God considers a sinless life to be good and the only one to live a sinless life is Jesus.

The Bible tells of 2 ways to get to heaven

1. Through accepting God's love through Jesus his son and our savior

2. Following the 10 commandments perfectly

Now tell me which is the easier thing to do?

2 is an impossible feat...
Romans 3:23 states that clearly...

That's exactly what he was saying. It's easier to just believe Jesus then follow the 10 commandments.

no, the dude gave two ways to enter into heaven and then he asked which was easier... I am saying number 2 is not an option... it's not possible to do number 2 so it has no difficulty rating on it. 
Online
#38 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: That is my point. There is only 2 ways to heaven a perfect life or trusting in Jesus. And yes if something is impossible it does have a difficulty rating on it.

#39 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18041 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell is just another excuse to persuade people into a religion.It is as fictional as the rest of that religion.

#40 Posted by nickzambuto (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Hell is just another excuse to persuade people into a religion.It is as fictional as the rest of that religion.

Why are you here?

Seriously, do you think you're going to convert someone by saying this stuff? Why bother entering the thread if you're not going to say anything constructive?

We don't care whether you believe in Jesus or not. This thread is for people who do.

#41 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18041 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Hell is just another excuse to persuade people into a religion.It is as fictional as the rest of that religion.

Why are you here?

Seriously, do you think you're going to convert someone by saying this stuff? Why bother entering the thread if you're not going to say anything constructive?

We don't care whether you believe in Jesus or not. This thread is for people who do.

If I want to share my thoughts on the subject,I shall.

This thread is not for people who believe in Jesus its not even about that,read the OP before you foolishly call me out.

Nor was I attempting to "convert" anyone either.

I will post where I damn well please maybe the view looks different on your high horse.

#42 Posted by nickzambuto (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@nickzambuto said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Hell is just another excuse to persuade people into a religion.It is as fictional as the rest of that religion.

Why are you here?

Seriously, do you think you're going to convert someone by saying this stuff? Why bother entering the thread if you're not going to say anything constructive?

We don't care whether you believe in Jesus or not. This thread is for people who do.

If I want to share my thoughts on the subject,I shall.

This thread is not for people who believe in Jesus its not even about that,read the OP before you foolishly call me out.

Nor was I attempting to "convert" anyone either.

I will post where I damn well please maybe the view looks different on your high horse.

We're discussing a religious topic, OP asked a question regarding religion. Your answer did not help the conversation at all.

Save statements like that for threads debating the legitimacy of religion, not threads discussing religion itself. I'm not gonna go to the battle forums and post in "Batman vs Captain America" saying Spider-Man beats them both, am I?

#43 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Ok, my question is why do you go to hell if you don't believe in God. I mean if someone lives a good life and follows the ways of the Bible ( but doing it beacuse they think its right, not beacuse its in the Bible )then why dose God care if they believe in him or not?

You won't go to hell because you don't believe in God. Its more complex. Its the good works you do that will win favor with God. Also belief in God doesn't make it easier to reach heaven, it actually makes it harder. For example those who believe in God know what is expected of them, and when they falter they have no excuse because they "knew better". Also faith in God alone means nothing without good works. The devil himself knows God more than any man that has ever lived on this earth.

#44 Posted by tomlikesfries (4661 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Why doesn't god decide there is no sin?

What do you mean by that?

At the start when humans or the devil or who ever started the original sin, why doesn't god just decided there was no sin?

The same reason God knows all and sees all but still created the Devil knowing how it was going that the Devil was going to rebel. Now tell me would you create something you already know was going to turn out bad but do it anyway?No? I thought so. tThis is what I would like to know as well.

I think it would be more like asking a mother to abort her baby because when he grows up he will do bad things.

#46 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18041 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@nickzambuto said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Hell is just another excuse to persuade people into a religion.It is as fictional as the rest of that religion.

Why are you here?

Seriously, do you think you're going to convert someone by saying this stuff? Why bother entering the thread if you're not going to say anything constructive?

We don't care whether you believe in Jesus or not. This thread is for people who do.

If I want to share my thoughts on the subject,I shall.

This thread is not for people who believe in Jesus its not even about that,read the OP before you foolishly call me out.

Nor was I attempting to "convert" anyone either.

I will post where I damn well please maybe the view looks different on your high horse.

We're discussing a religious topic, OP asked a question regarding religion. Your answer did not help the conversation at all.

Save statements like that for threads debating the legitimacy of religion, not threads discussing religion itself. I'm not gonna go to the battle forums and post in "Batman vs Captain America" saying Spider-Man beats them both, am I?

I shared my opinion on hell it is as relevant as anyone else's post on here.Weather my post started a conversation or not doesn't matter.It clearly has though.Which was not my intention.

Statements that question the legitimacy of religion and in this case hell are relevant to the thread.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent9149 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Why doesn't god decide there is no sin?

What do you mean by that?

At the start when humans or the devil or who ever started the original sin, why doesn't god just decided there was no sin?

The same reason God knows all and sees all but still created the Devil knowing how it was going that the Devil was going to rebel. Now tell me would you create something you already know was going to turn out bad but do it anyway?No? I thought so. tThis is what I would like to know as well.

I think it would be more like asking a mother to abort her baby because when he grows up he will do bad things.

God doesn't have to abort anything. If he's allpowerful he should be able to create the perfect pepole that will never suffer yet still retain there free will
#48 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Another thing is if god already knows everything that is ever going to happen then he knows from the moment of your birth whether or not you're going to hell which basically means we have no choice in the matter and technically god is punishing you for something you had no choice but to do so basically predestination would imply that people who are going to hell were destined to do so from day one which makes god seem like a dick to me.

#49 Posted by War Killer (20191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Why doesn't god decide there is no sin?

What do you mean by that?

At the start when humans or the devil or who ever started the original sin, why doesn't god just decided there was no sin?

Because in the beginning, which is recorded in the book of Genesis of the Bible, when God created the universe and when He created man, Adam and Eve, He created us with something very dangerous: Freewill. The reason He did this is because because He could have easily created us as mindless, soulless slaves who who would worship Him without a question. Looking at it from a human perspective, we know that it is a create form of love to have someone love you willingly and by choice rather than force them to love us, because when you force them is it really even love anymore? No, but when that person WILLINGLY loves you, because they choose to, that's true love. Love, despite what many might say, is not a feeling but is an action. We choose to love one people, this whole idea that we "fall in love" is not true because one does not just fall in love with their boyfriend/girlfriend or their husband/wife, one does not just love their mother or father, their sister or brother; we come to either love or not love them as we come to know them over time. We choose to love them. This is why God gave us the freedom, because He very much so could have chosen to not give us freewill and force us to love Him unconditionally, but like we understand the concept of love I just described, as we are made in His image, God wants His children to willing love Him back.
 
To give us this freedom, God gave us a choice: In the beginning of creation, when He created Adam and Eve He placed them in a place known as the Garden of Eden. Placing Adam and Eve in the garden He gave them a choice: He told them they may eat from any of the trees in the garden except for one tree, the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, for if they did they would certainly die. He choose to give us this choice because it was now up to us to choose whether we would love God or rebel against Him. God created man perfect, without sin which in definition is to "rebel against God", Adam and Eve were created without sin, but the Bible states that while in this garden Satan, in the form of a serpent, tempted Eve with a choice, asking her "did God really say you could eat you can't eat from any tree in the garden?" Now here's where people start getting things confused, most people stop reading here and start blaming God for the serpent being in the garden because if the serpent hadn't been there Eve wouldn't have been tempted and therefore wouldn't have tempted Adam later, right? But here's the kicker, when Eve was tempted by the serpent, SHE WAS PERFECT! She KNEW what God had commanded, which was not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, she knew this yet willingly, because God had given her freewill, choose to disobey God's command, rebel against His authority, which is what we now know as sin. The reason there is sin in the world, the reason there is death and destruction, why our loved ones die, why people get sick, why people kill other people, why people steal, why people rape, why people cry, this is all because WE CHOOSE to sin. Eve willingly choose to sin, who then tempted Adam who was perfect and also knew what God had commanded just as Eve did, but because he had freewill, also choose to rebel against God, sinning. Because of this, they knew both good and evil, and because we are all descendants of Adam and Eve we have inherited this rebellious attitude and therefore is why we kill, steal, lie, cheat, and cry, because we also know good and evil.
 
You see in the beginning, when God created the universe, He had made everything perfect and without sin, this is how in Genesis on the sixth day of creation God could say "it [the universe and everything in it] is very good." Because it was! You see in the beginning there was no sin, it was us through Adam and Eve who allowed sin to enter the world because we choose to willingly rebel against God. The reason sin exist is not because God "allowed it" but because WE allowed it by choosing to rebel against God's authority. But to fully answer your question, "why doesn't God just decide there is no sin?" If you read through the Bible, you will see that since Adam and Eve first rebelled against God and allowed sin to enter into the universe, God had promised Eve that through her redemption for their sin would come, which would eventually come Jesus (who was a decedent of Eve as Jesus was born from Mary) who is fully God and fully man. God came down in the form of His Son, Jesus, dying on the cross, taking upon Himself the punishment for sin, which is death, for us our sins, dying on the cross but proving that He is God and has power over sin and death rose from the grave, conquering it and making way for us to be redeemed of our rebellion which sin. But here's the second kicker, this redemption is a gift which God wants to give to us, but because God is a gentleman and because He wants us to willingly choose to love Him, He has given us a choice  to either Believe with all our hearts and all our souls that Jesus, God, came to Earth, lived, dyed on the cross for our sins, was buried but raised Himself from the dead, gaining eternal life and a place in Heaven where there will be NO SIN, or we could decline His gift, of eternal life, therefore continuing to rebel against His authority, continuing to sin, and in the end being punished alongside the devil and his followers, demons, in Hell for eternity. 
 
It's our choice, it's our decision, and ultimately it will determine where we will live for eternity: In Heaven with God, where there will be no sin or eternally separated from God in Hell alongside the devil and his followers. The question is what choice are we going to make, that's for us to decide.
#50 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24761 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: I will comment on this in a little while I have some flaws I want to point out about your theory of sin.

Online