A Question to the Women of the Forums

• 53 results
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I would like you to ask you a question. What is the female power fantasy? Do you believe that it exists? If so what do you view as a female power fantasy? This could be in a general sense or in a more personal sense that describes your specific power fantasy.

The reason I ask this question is because many times we see a lot of comic books, movies, video games, and books that are molded specifically to fit the male power fantasy. I rarely hear about the female power fantasy. If you have any examples of mediums molded to fit the female power fantasy please feel free to reference them.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I would like you to ask you a question. What is the female power fantasy? Do you believe that it exists? If so what do you view as a female power fantasy? This could be in a general sense or in a more personal sense that describes your specific power fantasy.

The reason I ask this question is because many times we see a lot of comic books, movies, video games, and books that are molded specifically to fit the male power fantasy. I rarely hear about the female power fantasy. If you have any examples of mediums molded to fit the female power fantasy please feel free to reference them.

I'm not totally sure what a male power fantasy is. Do you mean where the male lead is presented as very powerful, clever, skilled, etc, and has to save a woman, therefore making men look good, and women kind of weak?

Riot_Sqrrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Riot_Sqrrl

I hope he's not referring to the Dr. Light in Identity Crisis kind.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riot_sqrrl: I'm not referring to any specific examples. I am being general with the definition of a male power fantasy.

: @v_scarlotte_rose: power fantasy as in a male protagonist being portrayed as strong, physically superior (ripped to perfection), completely independent, attracts a lot of attention from the opposite sex, extremely masculine

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

: @v_scarlotte_rose: power fantasy as in a male protagonist being portrayed as strong, physically superior (ripped to perfection), completely independent, attracts a lot of attention from the opposite sex, extremely masculine

That's kind of what I thought.

Well lets break that down and apply it to a female character, and I'll give my opinion on each part.

A female protagonist being portrayed as strong(I'm fine with this), physically superior(superior to civilians in general, not specifically either sex), completely independent(that would be O.K.) attracts a lot of attention from the opposite sex(I wouldn't want this), extremely feminine(not really necessary, as I don't think crime fighters need to show masculinity or femininity in any big way).

Obviously I can't speak for every woman, and opinions will vary, but that's what I think for what it's worth.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By agent9149
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

I have a power fantasy. Two men at the same time.

One to cook and one to clean :P

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

LOL.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an interesting question.

power fantasy as in a male protagonist being portrayed as strong, physically superior (ripped to perfection), completely independent, attracts a lot of attention from the opposite sex, extremely masculine

Placing the above in reverse it seems that what is considered physically superior in terms of women could be perhaps what has been traditionally considered superior which is large breasts, long legs, super tiny waists and then of course, ultra femininity. This would be more geared towards males (generally) in what they would consider fantasy. There is no power fantasy for women with that criteria unless I were to take the strong, physically superior in the same application as males so yes, I do believe that's there plus the independence, attraction of the opposite sex but no ultra or ultra femininity (if applied in the same extreme sense). My favourite character being Rogue has all those qualities so yes, I guess there is a female power fantasy if I apply it that way.

Anything overtly sexual (which most female characters seem to be -- or at least been placed into such a state) does nothing for me. There is nothing to admire when it comes to stilettos, fishnet stockings, thongs and cut out O's to highlight huge breasts while twisted into absurd positions that has me wishing I could be one of them. At all. Except for the hair. Their freaking hair is always perfect...

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: That's pretty much my answer too. Broke back syndrome in comic art is especially ridiculous. But I can't even wish for the hair. I've got super curly, nappy afro hair and it's an absolute b*tch to work with

Amen. I can completely agree.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lykopis
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lykopis said:

It's an interesting question.

power fantasy as in a male protagonist being portrayed as strong, physically superior (ripped to perfection), completely independent, attracts a lot of attention from the opposite sex, extremely masculine

Placing the above in reverse it seems that what is considered physically superior in terms of women could be perhaps what has been traditionally considered superior which is large breasts, long legs, super tiny waists and then of course, ultra femininity. This would be more geared towards males (generally) in what they would consider fantasy. There is no power fantasy for women with that criteria unless I were to take the strong, physically superior in the same application as males so yes, I do believe that's there plus the independence, attraction of the opposite sex but no ultra or ultra femininity (if applied in the same extreme sense). My favourite character being Rogue has all those qualities so yes, I guess there is a female power fantasy if I apply it that way.

Anything overtly sexual (which most female characters seem to be -- or at least been placed into such a state) does nothing for me. There is nothing to admire when it comes to stilettos, fishnet stockings, thongs and cut out O's to highlight huge breasts while twisted into absurd positions that has me wishing I could be one of them. At all. Except for the hair. Their freaking hair is always perfect...

actually,there is one character that has the best hair:

I wonder what type of conditioner he uses o.o

Anyway,since I am not a female I guess I gotta leave.... :'(

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83:

Nuuu -- you have every right to partake in this thread and yes, I do believe we have a winner!

I suspect this...

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@lykopis said:
There is nothing to admire when it comes to stilettos, fishnet stockings, thongs and cut out O's to highlight huge breasts while twisted into absurd positions that has me wishing I could be one of them. A

There goes your birthday plans

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@cameron83:

Nuuu -- you have every right to partake in this thread and yes, I do believe we have a winner!

I suspect this...

I mean,it's just so divine and rich and full of vibrant color!!!

I must have that conditioner! 0.0

lol and thanks! ^.^

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Akindoodle

@lykopis said:

@cameron83:

I suspect this...

lol and thanks! ^.^

ME TOO!!! I MUST HAVE THAT CONDITIONER!!!! Thor's got better hair than I do

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: @cameron83:

It's those Aussies. They have the best hair products. o-o

@lykopis said:
There is nothing to admire when it comes to stilettos, fishnet stockings, thongs and cut out O's to highlight huge breasts while twisted into absurd positions that has me wishing I could be one of them.

I said nothing about them jumping out of cakes....

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cameron83

@lykopis said:

@akindoodle: @cameron83:

It's those Aussies. They have the best hair products. o-o

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

@lykopis said:
There is nothing to admire when it comes to stilettos, fishnet stockings, thongs and cut out O's to highlight huge breasts while twisted into absurd positions that has me wishing I could be one of them.

I said nothing about them jumping out of cakes....

I know where I'm going for vacation....

@cameron83 said:

@lykopis said:

@cameron83:

I suspect this...

lol and thanks! ^.^

ME TOO!!! I MUST HAVE THAT CONDITIONER!!!! Thor's got better hair than I do

We have two options:

Hunt down Thor on an epic nordic quest and cut off his hair when he's not looking.

or

Kidnap the creator of that conditioner and have him make an endless supply of it 0.o

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I believe any self respecting god worth his salt would approve of the first option. We might even become the new WARRIORS THREE with WIGS! Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT! And hey Cameron, Sif might even look your way once we're blonde and famous! *knowing eyebrow wiggle*

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lykopis

@fuchsia_nightingale:

I take it back. Thor loses to Poison. I am pretty sure he withdraws from the competition.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: And what's this about you abusing Thor? hmm!

LMFAO XD

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: But she's everything that doesn't do it for you heheh

cancels the cake

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Nope, Lulu does not like that, so please, do not offend her further ^-^

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I believe any self respecting god worth his salt would approve of the first option. We might even become the new WARRIORS THREE with WIGS! Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT! And hey Cameron, Sif might even look your way once we're blonde and famous! *knowing eyebrow wiggle*

Ordering Tickets to Asgard now

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Akindoodle

@cameron83: Be prepared for battle. And SMORGASBORD!!! (i.e. bring your swords, scissors and preferred culinary utensils and cutlery amongst other things). I wonder if Fandral's into crazy Nigerian girls? Hmmm...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Be prepared for battle. And SMORGASBORD!!! (i.e. bring your swords, scissors and preferred culinary utensils and cutlery amongst other things). I wonder if Fandral's into crazy Nigerian girls? Hmmm...

XD

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@fuchsia_nightingale: Cancels cake

hey hey -- order back that cake! I am a connoisseur of all things lovely and I wouldn't want my guests not entertained! How can anyone be offended by beauty? As for abusing Thor -- he LOVES it. It's all about domination with that guy.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woman are mysterious. They are like Jig saw puzzles mixed with rubic cubes, impossible to figure out

More like tangled Christmas lights. If you are patient and are careful and gentle you'll have us unraveled in no time. Just thought of that today actually in conversation with someone as it's true.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

woman are mysterious. They are like Jig saw puzzles mixed with rubic cubes, impossible to figure out

What are men like?

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Nope nope, no fishnets, cut shirts, high heels . All party people must wear a thick, nondescript ponchos and be ready to discuss Jane Eyre. Instead of cake, we will have saltines and 2 percent milk.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Nope nope, no fishnets, cut shirts, high heels . All party people must wear a thick, nondescript ponchos and be ready to discuss Jane Eyre. Instead of cake, we will have saltines and 2 percent milk.

Fuddy Duddy.

-_-

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@fuchsia_nightingale:

I take it back. Thor loses to Poison. I am pretty sure he withdraws from the competition.

Literally or figuratively?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Where is your poncho ? you can not address Lulu with out it.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Gender is the great illusion of the world according to lulu, so you must dress in the most nondescript , ambiguous clothes possible :P

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@lykopis: I kind of wonder what your answer to the original question is...

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@lykopis said:

@fuchsia_nightingale:

Literally or figuratively?

I just saw this now.

I'm going with literally.

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

@theacidskull: Where is your poncho ? you can not address Lulu with out it.

Mawhoandwhatnow? :P

@theacidskull: Gender is the great illusion of the world according to lulu, so you must dress in the most nondescript , ambiguous clothes possible :P

Like this. The maracas have to be continuously shook.

@lykopis: I kind of wonder what your answer to the original question is...

I did answer it? Way, way WAY up near the top of the thread. :P

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_nightingale: I kind of wonder what your answer to the original question is...

(@lykopis sorry, I accidentally sent that question 2 u))

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: at all? what if like, a truck is about to hit me?