#1 Posted by TDK_1997 (14653 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to start making youtube videos of me playing games like Slender,DCUO and others but I don't know how can I record myself and my screen.If somebody knows a program which I can use I will be greateful!

#2 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

from what I've read you'll need a DVR of some kind to record the screen while you are playing....then it would be simple to mount a video camera somewhere pointed at you and then you could just edit the two videos together

#3 Posted by TDK_1997 (14653 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Yea I know.But I need a DVR program which I cna't find on Google.I have asked some guys on youtube but they don't answer me.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there's any program....from what I read a while back it was just the way you have the dvr hooked up

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

There are numerous software(s) and program(s).

• Fraps (Screen + Audio Recorder)
  • Bandicam (Screen + Audio Recorder)
  • Camtasia Studio 7 (Screen + Audio Recorder and Editing Software)
  • Audacity (Audio Recorder)
  • Ableton (Screen + Audio Recorder and Editing Software)
#6 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I think he needs to record on the TV, no PC.
#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Ah.

In that case I think it depends on your cable provider.

#8 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

Ah.

In that case I think it depends on your cable provider.

He'd also need a capture card if it is for the TV I believe.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14653 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: No,it's for my PC.I already found a program that can record my screen and audio but I need a program that cna record me.

#10 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: I figured that out myself when you said Slender and DCUO. Just was saying to the other person if you were to record on TV you would need a capture card.

Also, you want to record like your reaction to the game? You'll need a webcam then Sony Vegas to pan out your reaction so others can see it while your gaming if that makes sense. Well actually, you probably could use other video editing programs but Sony Vegas is the best in my opinion.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14653 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: Yeah.I have Sony Vegas and I can edit videos but I want to catch my reaction to the game.

#12 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: You can do that with Vegas. Do you know how to use the Event/Pan Crop option? You're gonna have to record yourself via webcam while playing that with the game and then insert a video track above what you recorded and resize your reaction and put it wherever you please. I've been using Vegas on and off since 2007 so I know a lot about editing and getting into Let's Play myself.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14653 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: Cool.That means that I can use your help from time to time.

#14 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Always welcome to ask. Also, good thing you are doing PC. A friend of mine wants to do both PC and record games on TV. The beginners capture card costs like 140$. If only Black Friday was every Friday so we could get it on sale. xD If there is any other way to record your reaction I dunno but the one I said I'm familiar with. If you're interested in what PewDiePie uses there's a FAQ on his sites that lists what he uses.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14653 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: Do you have a link?

#16 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Nefarious (19548 posts) - - Show Bio

A little help goes a long way.