A life in comics (the early but not too early years)

Senno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Senno

Hail all,

With an established interest in comics, with Tintin and Archie leading the way, I started looking at something a little more mature. The odd comic I got in showbags wasn't enough to satisfy, and the ocassional comics page I perused in the local newspaper certainly gained my attention, but not my interest. Being a teenager in the late 90's saw me get into the Batman films (yes the horribleones, I know this now), and my mind was blown. Then there was The Punisher and some others that escape me. But it was a chance encounter with Bloodshot #0, (remember that amazing cover?), that got me into gangster and criminal comics. No longer were comics the child like stories of youth! Now they were adult, grisly, and uncompromisingly violent. I devoured the issue, and started a growing collection. My mother noticed and even got me a few. But there were few places to get comics at that age, and I had other things on my mind (read, girls), and comics were once again given their marching orders to the back of my mind. It wasn't until much later when they came back in a much bigger way.

Cheers,

Senno.