• 121 results
#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to hear everyone's experiences with some really depressing films. What film really gets to you?
If you are going to go into detail, preferably "Spoiler" it. If not, just talk about it vaguely.

I'll go first: I Am Legend - If you've seen the movie, then you'll probably know which scene I'm talking about. It wrenches my heart every time.

PS: Johnny Bravo approves of men shedding tears.

#2 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10266 posts) - - Show Bio

Marley and Me

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Meet Joe Black
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

#4 Posted by The Stegman (23087 posts) - - Show Bio

The beginning of "Up"

and the ending of "Toy Story 3" 

#5 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
I recall some grown azz men crying at the Toy Story 3 ending... all I can say is... yall some Weak Azz Fellas if you are crying at some Ish like that. 
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24620 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was a little kid I cried during Jaws 2 when the baby shark died 

#7 Posted by The Stegman (23087 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: oh COME ON you have to be one jaded S.O.B not to cry at the end of Toy Story 3!!
#8 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11520 posts) - - Show Bio

John Q.

#9 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11520 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@King Saturn: oh COME ON you have to be one jaded S.O.B not to cry at the end of Toy Story 3!!
Even I have to admit, I did tear up at that ending.
#10 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
nah... I am one real SOB. I aint crying over no damn cartoon  !
#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24620 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: I didn't cry about toy story 3 does that make me a bad person?
#12 Posted by TheAvenger802 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider Man 3.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@King Saturn: I didn't cry about toy story 3 does that make me a bad person?
how could it ? It's a cartoon... it's not real. 
#14 Posted by TheAvenger802 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars Episode 3 and Braveheart

#15 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Agreed, there's nothing wrong with shedding a few tears for a sad moment during any movie though, but when you're boo hooin like a little girl over something that isn't even that sad then you need help lol.
#16 Posted by TheAvenger802 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider man 3 sucked lol

#17 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never really watched a movie that made me cry, but I did shed a few tears during the pilot episode of  The Black Donnellys.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (23087 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: these are movies..none of them are real, doesn't make them any less sad, if you have grown up watching all the films (as i'm sure most who cried over them have) then you develop bonds over the characters and feel for them
#19 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lanter it sucked to bad I was balling by the time I walked out of the theatre
#20 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@King Saturn: these are movies..none of them are real, doesn't make them any less sad, if you have grown up watching all the films (as i'm sure most who cried over them have) then you develop bonds over the characters and feel for them
if you are grown man crying at a cartoon... you are a soft azz sucka. plain and simple... 
#21 Posted by The Stegman (23087 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn:  

i'd rather be a "soft azz sucka" and cry during something that has meaning to me, then be a...um...hard azz sucka? and pretend like i'm super mega macho man
#22 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@King Saturn:   i'd rather be a "soft azz sucka" and cry during something that has meaning to me, then be a...um...hard azz sucka? and pretend like i'm super mega macho man
super mega macho man.... nah that's wack terminology  
I keeps it real... and cartoons should not make a real dude cry... not a grown one at least. 
#23 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

The Road made me cry like a baby. :[

#24 Posted by The Stegman (23087 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn:  

alright, well....good for you! keep keeping it real!
#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24620 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I have only cried like twice since I was like 8 and both times were at funerals because despite what many people claim crying is pointless  

#26 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, I know this is not a movie, but it was really sad imo.

He gave up everything he ever wanted to be to protect his junkie brother, who would put his addiction and being the boss above the safety of his little brothers.
#27 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

Schindler's List was a sad movie to watch.
#28 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Have you seen Beast Wars? 
#29 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benuben said:
@King Saturn: Have you seen Beast Wars? 
yes
#30 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
I agree with this too, there is nothing wrong with crying over something that is sad. I honestly didn't view his giving up his toys to a little girl and talking about how much he cared about them as sad. None of the toys were broken, nobody died, he didn't lose them he just gave them up that wasn't really sad to me. But if you thought it was sad that's str8 there's nothin wrong with it.
#31 Posted by The Stegman (23087 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09:  

well to me, what made it sad was this, true none of them were broken, but he had a special bond with the toys, he literally grew up with them, they were more than just toys to him, they were friends, however the truly sad part is Woody, Andy's best friend, who who do anything to get back to him in all three movies, all Woody wanted was to make andy happy and spend time with him, it's sad (in my opinion) to see the bonds that were made separated after all this time, it's kinda like when they had to shoot Old Yeller, sure they were just toys, but they represented much more than that, they represented Andy's entire childhood
#32 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Yeah to me I think that's very touching but not sad. Up was really sad though, I didn't cry for that one either but I thought that movie was really sad.
#33 Posted by pikahyper (11499 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
I recall some grown azz men crying at the Toy Story 3 ending... all I can say is... yall some Weak Azz Fellas if you are crying at some Ish like that. 
I have to ask ... is that how you talk in real life?
#35 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said:
@King Saturn said:
of course not... I am far more brash and offensive in real life. if I want to stay on this site I have to tone it down a bit. 
#36 Posted by Sissel (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Mile, Hachiko a dog's story. And for some reason, Charlotte's web. Maybe, because I'm so emotional that day.

#37 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Giant when I was 6

#38 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
@RainEffect said:
@King Saturn said:
of course not... I am far more brash and offensive in real life. if I want to stay on this site I have to tone it down a bit. 
I mean with the over-stressed accentuation of your words. 
Such as: "y'all some weak azz".
#39 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said:
@King Saturn said:
@RainEffect said:
@King Saturn said:
I mean with the over-stressed accentuation of your words.  Such as: "y'all some weak azz".
ah... the grammar is sh!tty... but whatever. 
I have over 100,000 posts with far more proper grammar... I can speak however I wish... Filthy or Proper. Just No Direct Potty Words. 
#40 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
@RainEffect said:
@King Saturn said:
@RainEffect said:
@King Saturn said:
I mean with the over-stressed accentuation of your words.  Such as: "y'all some weak azz".
I have over 100,000 posts with far more proper grammar... I can speak however I wish... Filthy or Proper. Just No Direct Potty Words. 
It's not the swearing that irritates me, not at all. It's when people try and type with what they think is 'cool' text. They don't realise that trying to express an accent over the internet is entirely pointless and just makes them look like a bigger imbecile.
#41 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I cried like a baby during The Curious Case of Benjamin Button it was a beautiful movie.

#42 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some sad movies I laughed at

#43 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:
There are some sad movies I laughed at
Titanic for me.
#44 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said: 
It's not the swearing that irritates me, not at all. It's when people try and type with what they think is 'cool' text. They don't realise that trying to express an accent over the internet is entirely pointless and just makes them look like a bigger imbecile.
well I don't think it's entirely pointless... I sparked discussion with that accent alone... so it was not pointless. 
#45 Posted by Whisper_ (3459 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Meet Joe Black
  • Titanic
  • Shutter Island
  • Inception
  • Dark Knight Rises
  • I'm sure there are others
  • Damn you Nolan
#46 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

The Green Mile.. 

Damn you Tom Hanks, you could have stopped them from killing him! >_<

#47 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I cried at the end of Cast Away. His wife is such a tease.

#48 Posted by Pokeysteve (8049 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Whisper_ said:
  • Meet Joe Black
  • Titanic
  • Shutter Island
  • Inception
  • Dark Knight Rises
  • Damn you Nolan
You cried at a movie that hasn't even  been released yet lol was is it like a preemptive cry? Getting it out of the way early so you can enjoy the movie =P
#49 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
@RainEffect said: 
well I don't think it's entirely pointless... I sparked discussion with that accent alone... so it was not pointless. 
Touche. I'm glad to see it was only just a joke thing and not something you make a habit of doing. Of course, this is the internet, so you can post however you want.
#50 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pokeysteve said:
@_Whisper_ said:
  • Meet Joe Black
  • Titanic
  • Shutter Island
  • Inception
  • Dark Knight Rises
  • Damn you Nolan
You cried at a movie that hasn't even  been released yet lol was is it like a preemptive cry? Getting it out of the way early so you can enjoy the movie =P
LOL