9/11's impact

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

Hey everyone so I've decided to write a blog about this one day before the 10th anniversary of the tragic event of 9/11. I wanted to write this because I know many of us whether we were in NYC or in a different state were affected by this one way or another, and I thought it would be great to write a blog where we can share our feelings and personal experiences of that day. Now I was in the 2nd grade in New York, not knowing what was going on. I remember the weather being absolutely gorgeous and just happy that everyone was getting to leave school early. (Being a child of course all I could think about all the time was getting out of school early). Everyone was getting picked up from their parents, and the teachers were just trying to keep us occupied. I was one of the last kids to be picked up by my mom, and when we got home she started crying hysterically. I didn't understand why until she turned on the tv to breaking news. To me seeing the world trade center go down was a tragedy but I didn't understand the calibur of it all. It was a saddening day. Years later I truly understood the meaning and impact of that day and it affects me so much more now than it did then. The terrorists' heinious actions devastated the country, and for that it will never be forgiven. Now we will always have a looming threat of terrorism on our hands, constantly. Being that tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of 9/11 this threat is becoming more and more imminent. The city has already taken severe precuations to this threat by checking hundreds and hundreds of cars for bombs, security, cops, everything they can try. I pray that nothing happens tomorrow or any other day and that everyone is safe and that we don't have to relive the horror of that day. For any of you that have been affected by 9/11 I just want to commend you and apologize for that day. 9/11 impacted the United States by giving everyone a sense of togetherness and neighbourly love. Everyone started putting aside some differences and worked together on things. The media did many tributes and things for 9/11. One of my favorite tributes will always be Marvel Comics' Moment of Silence. It was brilliant. Marvel truly connected with the sadness of the people and let us know that they were affected as well. So I created this blog for people to tell their stories of 9/11 and just a place where we can talk about it. 

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By utotheg38
@harleyquinnhawkgirl said:

Hey everyone so I've decided to write a blog about this one day before the 10th anniversary of the tragic event of 9/11. I wanted to write this because I know many of us whether we were in NYC or in a different state were affected by this one way or another, and I thought it would be great to write a blog where we can share our feelings and personal experiences of that day. Now I was in the 2nd grade in New York, not knowing what was going on. I remember the weather being absolutely gorgeous and just happy that everyone was getting to leave school early. (Being a child of course all I could think about all the time was getting out of school early). Everyone was getting picked up from their parents, and the teachers were just trying to keep us occupied. I was one of the last kids to be picked up by my mom, and when we got home she started crying hysterically. I didn't understand why until she turned on the tv to breaking news. To me seeing the world trade center go down was a tragedy but I didn't understand the calibur of it all. It was a saddening day. Years later I truly understood the meaning and impact of that day and it affects me so much more now than it did then. The terrorists' heinious actions devastated the country, and for that it will never be forgiven. Now we will always have a looming threat of terrorism on our hands, constantly. Being that tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of 9/11 this threat is becoming more and more imminent. The city has already taken severe precuations to this threat by checking hundreds and hundreds of cars for bombs, security, cops, everything they can try. I pray that nothing happens tomorrow or any other day and that everyone is safe and that we don't have to relive the horror of that day. For any of you that have been affected by 9/11 I just want to commend you and apologize for that day. 9/11 impacted the United States by giving everyone a sense of togetherness and neighbourly love. Everyone started putting aside some differences and worked together on things. The media did many tributes and things for 9/11. One of my favorite tributes will always be Marvel Comics' Moment of Silence. It was brilliant. Marvel truly connected with the sadness of the people and let us know that they were affected as well. So I created this blog for people to tell their stories of 9/11 and just a place where we can talk about it. 

No Caption Provided
I kinda lol'ed at the pic. 
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By harleyquinn12

I don't really remeber much about the day, but all I know Is I'm praying for you and everyone else in America to stay safe.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By utotheg38
@harleyquinn12 said:

I don't really remeber much about the day, but all I know Is I'm praying for you and everyone else in America to stay safe.

Don't Worry U.S.A Regulates
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By cyberninja

We have 14 months to go till election time, so safe the fear mongering for election time. 

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Osiris1428

I'm sorry it happened, but I really wish we all could move on from this and not be so fixated on it. Some people want what happened to define us. Why can't we be bigger than just that. It's something that happened. Lets move on.

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By harleyquinn12
@Osiris1428 said:
I'm sorry it happened, but I really wish we all could move on from this and not be so fixated on it. Some people want what happened to define us. Why can't we be bigger than just that. It's something that happened. Lets move on.

it's really hard to move on from something like this. yes, this event shouldn't define us, but it was a tragedy. A big one at that.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buttersdaman000

How much longer before this legally becomes funny?
Oh yeah....10 more years.....damn

Its a very sad event but, to me, it just seems like America keeps milking the cow.
Was it like this for Pearl Harbor??

harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: in all honesty this never will become funny. im pretty sure the many people that died in this tragedy don't think it will ever be funny, and i'm sure the people that died in pearl harbor will ever think their event or this one will be funny. death is never funny and this event becomes realistically evident when more innocent lives are threatened by terrorists. so the answer to ur question , only terrorists will find this funny
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By harleyquinn12
@buttersdaman000
Seriously? never.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000
@harleyquinn12: @harleyquinnhawkgirl
South Park joke

But the way this is being milked is just a disgrace to the people who died in the attack ( My moms friend died in it).
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ARMIV2

I was in second grade as well when it happened. I didn't know what was going on when I saw the news footage, but I knew it had to have been really bad because my mom was in tears and my dad was repressing some real anger.  After finding out what happened some time later, I remember that I became paranoid for about the entire year of 2003 when war was declared and nothing made me feel better until sometime at the end of the year when I began to accept the facts. Not watching the news also helped.

If there is anything 9/11 has personally taught me, it would be that the world isn't as safe as it can be made out to be, and that I definitely need to look more to God.

harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ARMIV2: i really loved ur comment and ur just like me when it happened! i didnt understand what was happening until years later! i think most people should look to God now adays with these types of things going on
harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Glitch_Spawn: hey its good to hear from you again! wow i cant believe you actually saw people jumping off the building? that must've been traumatic. when i truly figured it out years later i got so mad and just angry at the world. these are the times where patriotism is needed the most
Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fragneto

I was 8 years old or something when I visited the WTCs. Those buildings were huge! 9 years later, when I was somewhere turning 18, I saw the south Building get hit while I was about to leave for work. I was really pissed and but then my heart sank in when the building actually fell down! 10 minutes after that the 2nd building fell.  If I where still 8, I would have thought it were the Deceptorcons, but being 17 I knew better... This wasn't a fantasy. It was really happening!

harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fragneto: wow ur perceptive was great! seeing something when you were little as something indestructible and fun to visit, the seeing it years later when ur somewhat jaded seeing that go down in from terrorism. its so weird how these things happen. i liked the deceptacons thing
B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By B'Town

@buttersdaman000 said:

@harleyquinn12: @harleyquinnhawkgirl: South Park joke But the way this is being milked is just a disgrace to the people who died in the attack ( My moms friend died in it).

This is a tragic event . We who refuse to forget, are not "MILKING" it, to think so is immature & knuckle-headed.

The anniversary is a day of memorial. September 11, 2001 doesn't define who we are as a country but it certainly changed us...

Remembering, is simply human and an act of RESPECT for those who lost their lives and/or loved ones.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

to be honest..and this kinda makes me sound like a prick..but it really didn't impact me at all, i'm pretty much used to man doing acts of violence for petty reasons

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By buttersdaman000
@B'Town
Nope theyre milkin it.
My brother lost his Godmother, My mom lost her good friend, and her family lost their mom/wife.
I dont see any of them buying into all the specials, events, and other hub bub that is being milked because of this 10th ANNIVERSARY of the 9/11 attacks. If they really wanted to honor the dead, a simple reminder on the day of the event is all thats needed. I dont want to be constantly reminded of the day weeks before. Instead of thinking like a 'patriotic' americans, how about we all think like the families and loved ones of the victims. 
Admittedly, I posted in one of these threads, writing about where I was that day, but I dont think I am anymore if people are gonna go all america on me. 
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buttersdaman000
@The Stegman said:
to be honest..and this kinda makes me sound like a prick..but it really didn't impact me at all, i'm pretty much used to man doing acts of violence for petty reasons
It doesnt make you a prick. It makes you honest.
Fatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fatal
No Caption Provided
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@buttersdaman000 said:
How much longer before this legally becomes funny? Oh yeah....10 more years.....damn   Its a very sad event but, to me, it just seems like America keeps milking the cow. Was it like this for Pearl Harbor??
The milking it part you said reminds me of a scene from Family Guy. lol 

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By theicon
@B'Town: in total agreement
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Shadow_Thief

I'm all for remembrance and honoring the fallen, but the media and the politicians are most certainly "milking" it. It's to be expected, though; that's pretty much all those groups do. It's like putting a raw steak in front of a starving dog and not expecting it to take a bite.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By turoksonofstone

I was in CT at the time and it felt like a stake to the heart, watching the first Impact. Then from my porch as local Emergency response personnel were being flown out by helicopter to go to the city and lend a hand the second impact occurred. Every time I had gone to the Towers the observation deck was closed, I had seen the view from the top floor enough to appreciate the magnitude of what followed. It seems like yesterday my friends and I were chilling at the path station located there. I can't describe to you how massive these buildings were or how naked the NYC skyline looks without them. So much carnage once again caused by religious madmen. Honestly the city's vibe has never been the same. That wound will stay with the city long after the new building rises.