• 55 results
#1 Posted by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

who had the better style and taste

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224265 posts) - - Show Bio
I would say the late 1990's and early 2000's was the best years for style... I don't like the tight pants and tight shirt style of today... and that sh!t that they wore in the early 1990's was crazy... just watch House Party and see for yourself... 
#3 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably off base, sorry, but the title automatically made me think of this:

So right then, style and tastes. Well, I always say " the more you try and look cool the more of a dork you come off as. " Sunglass designs a real testament to this I believe.

So regardless of the era, none by that reasoning.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of what?

If we're talking music, I give it to the 90's, but in terms of dress, I give it to the teens of today.

#5 Edited by redleigh86 (562 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a teen on the cusp - 1999-2005 (if we're saying 13-19 is teen) - so I like both tbh... though I'll always have the fondest memories of the mid-late 90s lol. When I think "best" I think of Clueless, Jawbreaker, Spice Girls, She's All That, Bring It On, 10 Things I Hate About You, early Sabrina the Teenaged Witch, early Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc... but also Mean Girls. I wish I were born just a few years earlier so I could've pulled off some of Cher's fierce plaid dress ensembles!!

(and I'm talking about the culture in those movies, not those movies specifically lmao).

Fashion Icon lbr:

#6 Posted by ARMIV2 (8586 posts) - - Show Bio

90's kids could handle crap. Kids nowadays are too-...

Oh, I didn't see the styles and taste part.

I'm still giving it to the 90's. Skinny pants are an abomination at this point.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio

90s without question, 

@Gambit1024 said:

In terms of what?

If we're talking music, I give it to the 90's, but in terms of dress, I give it to the teens of today.

I realize if your still a kid your obviously showing some bias...but the teenagers I see today wear pants that are way too tight, and wear north face gear that probably cost (their parents) at least 200 dollars...not saying that kind of stuff didn't go on 15 years ago, but I think there was more variety. Its like all the kids these days are wearing a uniform, they are all wearing the same thing...don't even get me started on the emo kids, thankfully that stuff was just starting when I was getting to my twenties
#8 Posted by Oshtur (150 posts) - - Show Bio

We have more vanity today than in the 90's

#9 Posted by The Stegman (24627 posts) - - Show Bio

The 90s were better in every category, less egos, better clothing, better music, better films, THE 90'S WERE ALL THAT!

#10 Posted by Oshtur (150 posts) - - Show Bio

There was no Naruto in the 90's.

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:Fair enough. Depends on the crowd your in though. Sure, there are the groups with the tight jeans and expensive northface clothes, but the groups I was in when I was in high school were all about flannels, loose jeans, and polo's.

#12 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a teen in the 90s. No idea what todays style is though among teens.

#13 Posted by _Zombie_ (10445 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

We call 'em.. the ballcrushers.

#14 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Pistolwhip1 (844 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZombieBigfoot said:

@ARMIV2 said:

We call 'em.. the ballcrushers.

#16 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the 90s

@King Saturn:

Any generation is better than today.

90s - 2006 had the best everything. The best times imo...

#17 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

The 90s were better in every category, less egos, better clothing, better music, better films, THE 90'S WERE ALL THAT!

Agreed with ya 100%

#18 Posted by Ms. Omega (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

I like 90's teens todays teens............"Planking"......wtf.......

#19 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing the 90's can keep is...dial up. 

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Oshtur said:

There was Neon Genesis Evangelion. End thread.  

90s ftw.
#21 Posted by The Stegman (24627 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  

@Oshtur  said: 

There was Neon Genesis Evangelion. End thread.  

90s ftw.
And technically...Naruto came out in 1997....sooooooooooooooooo 

90s ftw! 

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

I would say the late 1990's and early 2000's was the best years for style... I don't like the tight pants and tight shirt style of today... and that sh!t that they wore in the early 1990's was crazy... just watch House Party and see for yourself...

Honestly, that's a bias. I'm currently 19, turning 20 this year and I've never worn tight pants and such. It's more or less a small minority and has always been present throughout decades.

#23 Posted by blur99 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Today's kids have

The Cell phone.

#24 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup 90' are better, and I'm a teenager (Sh*t Why I born in it's end?)

@Gambit1024 said:

In terms of what?

Exactly.

#25 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

these days teens are a bunch of wimps, someone makes fun of them and they shoot up the school, shoot them selves or complain on FB/myspace/twitter on how bad they got it. bunch of babies and people who they are tough.

Style wise, idk im not into fashion like that lol.

#26 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

skinny jeans....any group of people who let skinny jeans become popular obviously has no taste and they deserve the sterility that will come with wearing those jeans and making it almost impossible for others to find jeans that fit properly anymore

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33605 posts) - - Show Bio

Is every body going to lapse in to a "back in my day...." rant?

#28 Posted by Billy Batson (58062 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

what can you expect?
BB

#29 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8145 posts) - - Show Bio

Teenage now so Im pretty biased!

#30 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm 21 now. sSsooo Now i'm going with the 90s

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33605 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@spiderbat87 said:

what can you expect?
BB

less biased opinions  
#32 Posted by Billy Batson (58062 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87:

pfft these type of questions/answers are pretty much always biased
BB

#33 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
back in my day we didn't ask such questions......
#34 Posted by GST1976 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

QFT

#35 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

this LMAO!

#36 Posted by nickthedevil (12772 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm 18 going on 19 in November. Honestly, i'm happy with myself.

#37 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Seems that way. I'm a realist myself, my generation was the 90s and for the differences I can't say we're all that different from today's teens. The same old same goes on. And God knows I hate the styles of then and now with a pitched and fiery passion.

#38 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a 2000's teen (90's kid) but I prefer 90's teen culture waaaaaaaaay over today's teen culture. Still, I believe I've been born in a wrong decade cause 60's-70's teens rock the world!

#39 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was 10 I sat in the living room and watched DB really really loud, that to me is what it meant to be a nineties kid

#40 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

When I was 10 I sat in the living room and watched DB really really loud, that to me is what it meant to be a nineties kid

Agree

#41 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanlucpicard: That's a bunch of lies! *Cries to mommy*

#42 Posted by The Stegman (24627 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus, kids in the 90s were cool without being cool...such ass 

#43 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure skinny jeans were common in the 80s.

But honestly people have gotten progressively worse. you can make the case 80s teens were better than 90s teens. I assume some of us are in their 20-30s range. The pool is tainted.

#44 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
This has gotten annoying, its like they're hipsters.
#45 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Every generation thinks the years of their adolescence and early adulthood were the best. My parents love the 70s, my grandmother always talks about the 40s, and most people here are going to think the 80s, 90s or early 2000s were the best time to be alive. Certainly our children will think that the 2020s were culturally superior and wonder how anyone could've survived the 90s.

Point: No decade is inherently better than any other. Anyone who had grown up in the 1790s would consider its cultural products better than any other as well.

#46 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10098 posts) - - Show Bio

I favor the 90s over the 2000s because I'm a 90s kid but each decade holds it's things/places/events/songs of sentimental value over the youth of that particular time so I try not to judge these newer kids.

#47 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

How would anyone know? We can't compare them through personal experiences, unless you repeated ALOT of grades.....

#48 Edited by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:

lol...

um --- I would say the 80's....and since I am a 2000's teen, I am going with the 2000's. The 90's still had their heads in the sand and not as much access information wise and as for style --- too subjective. I like my own style which is independent of what is supposedly "in" or not. If tight jeans are your only complaint, that's not too bad -- the reverse (jeans with crotches to your ankles and underwear CK lable showing, then....o_o

True. The 80's had my favourite comics and the music trumped the 90's. Nowadays it's all a bit confused, IF we are talking style/music, I'd go 2000's.

Edit: As a note everyone, don't forget that you can't complain about kids nowadays because it's now the 2010's, a different decade.

#49 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanlucpicard said:

these days teens are a bunch of wimps, someone makes fun of them and they shoot up the school, shoot them selves or complain on FB/myspace/twitter on how bad they got it. bunch of babies and people who they are tough.

Style wise, idk im not into fashion like that lol.

-_____-

That's a really horrible thing to say.

#50 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446 said:

@lykopis said:

@cattlebattle said:

@spiderbat87 said:

lol...

um --- I would say the 80's....and since I am a 2000's teen, I am going with the 2000's. The 90's still had their heads in the sand and not as much access information wise and as for style --- too subjective. I like my own style which is independent of what is supposedly "in" or not. If tight jeans are your only complaint, that's not too bad -- the reverse (jeans with crotches to your ankles and underwear CK lable showing, then....o_o

True. The 80's had my favourite comics and the music trumped the 90's. Nowadays it's all a bit confused, IF we are talking style/music, I'd go 2000's.

Edit: As a note everyone, don't forget that you can't complain about kids nowadays because it's now the 2010's, a different decade.

I too wish I had been born a decade sooner as well...... Damn you 80's why couldn't I live you