Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

In no specific order.

1. A reboot. I cringe at the very possibility that Disney won't know how to do a movie that would fit in the Expanded Universe and decide then to create a alternate canon.

2. A movie that invalidates and/or contradicts events in the the Expanded Universe. Let's say a Sith cult rises in 9 ABY and threatens the entire galaxy, but wait that is the period where the Thrawn Crisis took place. Yeah, that never happened, we are retconning this so that the live-action movie can be right.

3. No asspulls. Don't use the Force as the only explanation for everything that happens.

4. Fanservice in the sense of of bringing elements from the previous movies for no purpose. If you intend to bring back beloved and iconic characters at least make them relevant.

5. Something too kid-friendly or catered to teenagers. Remember its Disney we are talking about.

Also BONUS (for teh lulz)

#1 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

AND AND AND... more Jar Jar Bink screen time.

#2 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAntiReVamp said:

AND AND AND... more Jar Jar Bink screen time.

LOL

also long time no see you here, dude.

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hamill, Ford and Fisher are too old for this anymore...If they want to go with the expanded universe route...They would have to Start with Ben Skywalker.

#4 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17509 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

In no specific order.

1. A reboot. I cringe at the very possibility that Disney won't know how to do a movie that would fit in the Expanded Universe and decide then to create a alternate canon.

2. A movie that invalidates and/or contradicts events in the the Expanded Universe. Let's say a Sith cult rises in 9 ABY and threatens the entire galaxy, but wait that is the period where the Thrawn Crisis took place. Yeah, that never happened, we are retconning this so that the live-action movie can be right.

3. No asspulls. Don't use the Force as the only explanation for everything that happens.

4. Fanservice in the sense of of bringing elements from the previous movies for no purpose. If you intend to bring back beloved and iconic characters at least make them relevant.

5. Something too kid-friendly or catered to teenagers. Remember its Disney we are talking about.

I agree with this the credits you posted make me cringe and laugh at the same time.

They should really start off in the far future and start off a new part of Star Wars everything should be completely new that way nothing of the already established EU and of course the films gets ruined,and things dont get convoluted,this would also still give room for parts of the EU which has already been established to continue to grow,such as events between episode 3 and 4 and the Legacy era.Either that or they should establish a new part before already established canon like KOTR.

I mean if they go about it right it could work.

#5 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: I'm pushing the idea around of facial mapping via digital capture. De-age the original cast, have them do the voice and face acting, and paste their images on body actors. The story could continue anywhere after Return.

#6 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

I think Hamill, Ford and Fisher are too old for this anymore...If they want to go with the expanded universe route...They would have to Start with Ben Skywalker.

I see. I wasn't really counting with them returning anyway, much less being the protagonists this time specially for Ford who already did that before with Indiana Jones. That said, I don't think the Skywalkers will be focused on the new trilogy (but I wouldn't mind if they would).

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

The EU isn't really considered movie cannon

#8 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah, they should go beyond Legacy Era where its pretty much guaranteed they won't screw up the EU canon. I still think they should do a separate Old Republic CG movie too.

#9 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnightRise: Like Tron?

@CaioTrubat
I think Skywalkers will be focused on this...again.

It'll be just a matter of time before Disney does a reboot of the original series. You can only go so long without Darth Vader....
#10 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

It isn't?
#11 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Didn't Lucas already say that the EU isn't official canon?

I doubt Disney will change that policy. Unless they DO plan on adapting some of the EU stories. Which I kinda doubt.

#12 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17509 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

EU and the movies are both valued and considered canon.

@CaioTrubat said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah, they should go beyond Legacy Era where its pretty much guaranteed they won't screw up the EU canon. I still think they should do a separate Old Republic CG movie too.

They should,it would actually be cool to get some animated movies involving EU stories

#13 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

@joshmightbe said:

It isn't?

Yeh, like JB in Tron Legacy.

@mrdecepticonleader: Also, Star Wars has several canons that either intecect or take precedence over the others.G-Canon is the supreme canon; purely the movies themselves and anything Lucas says or writes is true. Two steps below that is the C-Canon I believe; the novelizations of the films plus the EU. Thus, the Luke from the films exist in the EU, but with the advanced feats only true for the EU in C-Canon, while the G-Canon nullifies anything that contradicts what was seen in the films. This and/or this is better for and explaination.

#14 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Nic Cage would elevate SW to a height they could never dream of.

Also, it's Disney we're talking about. They just paid over 4 billion dollars, I'm 100% sure they won't tank the franchise. Plus, their movies have adult themes running through them, and that's just the children's ones. They have some of the best writers in the world, combine those with the ones already working for SW and I don't see how it ends up bad.

Harrison Ford wants to come back, bring him back. I don't think casual fans will identify with the EU. Just continue the story, leave some characters out, and fill it with Jedi and Sith. People will love it.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/05/star-wars-sequel-harrison-ford-han-solo-exclusive/

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: They are both cannon just there is EU cannon and Movie cannon, the prequel trilogy and the Clone Wars have already proven exactly how much Hollywood cares about the EU. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the expanded universe just saying its not really something that concerns the movies, well at least as far as George Lucas was concerned. Disney may decide to make it canonical to the movie universe but until then, like it or not Lucas is still technically the ultimate authority on what is and isn't cannon.

#16 Posted by YoungJustice (6643 posts) - - Show Bio

Been trying to tell people this.

#17 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17509 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@mrdecepticonleader: They are both cannon just there is EU cannon and Movie cannon, the prequel trilogy and the Clone Wars have already proven exactly how much Hollywood cares about the EU. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the expanded universe just saying its not really something that concerns the movies, well at least as far as George Lucas was concerned. Disney may decide to make it canonical to the movie universe but until then, like it or not Lucas is still technically the ultimate authority on what is and isn't cannon.

@KnightRise said:

@SandMan_ said:

@joshmightbe said:

It isn't?

@mrdecepticonleader: Also, Star Wars has several canons that either intecect or take precedence over the others.G-Canon is the supreme canon; purely the movies themselves and anything Lucas says or writes is true. Two steps below that is the C-Canon I believe; the novelizations of the films plus the EU. Thus, the Luke from the films exist in the EU, but with the advanced feats only true for the EU in C-Canon, while the G-Canon nullifies anything that contradicts what was seen in the films. This and/or this is better for and explaination.

True.I said it was still considered canon even if its not to the movie.

#18 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

They shouldn't use the EU for the story. What would be the point in doing something we've already seen. They need to bring it somewhere new.

#19 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@joshmightbe said:

@KnightRise said:

@SandMan_ said:

@joshmightbe said:

It isn't?

True.I said it was still considered canon even if its not to the movie.

I always followed C-Canon anyway.

#20 Posted by RazzaTazz (9450 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Those made me laugh

#21 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@CaioTrubat said:

Those made me laugh

LOL that was the intent :)

#22 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

Nag, nag, nag. But seriously, you got a point.

#23 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@StMichalofWilson said:

Nag, nag, nag. But seriously, you got a point.

What is wrong?

O.o

#24 Edited by Dernman (14611 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't care if they don't use EU. One thing they must do is RETCON MIDI-CHLORIANS!!!! Really that was like the worst thing they could have done to Star Wars.

#25 Posted by Illuminatus (9480 posts) - - Show Bio

There has to be a scene involving this:

#26 Posted by JediXMan (29286 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job.

#27 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not too worried that Disney will make it too focused on children, apparently they had something to do with Pulp Fiction and that wasn't exactly kid friendly (this is according to some guy on another forum site, I don't know if that's correct).

#28 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

I want three films about midi-chlorian counts.

#29 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

In no specific order.

I think Nic Cage would be a pretty funny force user.

#30 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker the hacker: He would have been cut loose and overreact more than Ian McDiarmid in Episode III.

#31 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@slacker the hacker: He would have been cut loose and overreact more than Ian McDiarmid in Episode III.

#32 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1292 posts) - - Show Bio

Start with jagged fel and jania solo and go from there include ben skywalker and maybe have luke leia and han make cameo's.

Would love to see the vong war on the big screen.

#33 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker the hacker said:

@CaioTrubat said:

LOLWUT?!?

Is this even real?

#34 Posted by wildvine (8043 posts) - - Show Bio

No more Jar Jar Binks.

#35 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@slacker the hacker said:

@CaioTrubat said:

LOLWUT?!?

Is this even real?

Nope it was a fake trailer from Grindhouse. This one is my favorite.

#36 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Jar Jar Binks will be one of the main protagonists played by Gary Busey, who will have a huge sub-plot in the movie. And Nicholas Cage & Lindsey Lohan will play older versions of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia... Also, it will also not be a live action sequel, it will be done entirely through CGI animation.

#37 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

Jar Jar Binks will be one of the main protagonists played by Gary Busey, who will have a huge sub-plot in the movie. And Nicholas Cage & Lindsey Lohan will play older versions of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia... Also, it will also not be a live action sequel, it will be done entirely through CGI animation.

Why a subplot when the entire movie could revolve around him -_-

And Nicholas Cage would probably go Wicker Man on "Luke I am your father" scene :P

But seriously I personally prefer a CGI movie like the Old Republic intros, not like the the Clone Wars cartoon.

#38 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

They should do a clone side-series where Jar Jar Binks is cloned just so he can be killed over and over and over and over and over...

#39 Posted by TheCannon (17839 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

It burns! IT BURNS!

O-T: I love your av dude. Guts is boss.

#41 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Roman: Thanks bro :)

@TheCannon: It looks like you don't like this whole thing at all, dude :P

#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard Harrison Ford would only reprise Han Solo if he got a death scene

#43 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I heard Harrison Ford would only reprise Han Solo if he got a death scene

Kill em

#44 Edited by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney can't possibly do worse then Lucas did with the prequels.

@Matchstick said:

They shouldn't use the EU for the story. What would be the point in doing something we've already seen. They need to bring it somewhere new.

Lucas tried that remember, he gave us a whiny Darth Vader... and how did that work out with the fans?

#45 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive Got  bad Feeling about This

#46 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Jarjar for main protagonist in the reboot!