5 posts a day

SHAFEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By SHAFEMAN

Ok seriously? why do i have to reach a certain number of posts before  i can post more than five things a Day this really is not making sense to me. Its not like im out there flaming people im out there trying to give my opinions on what people think. this just bugs me a little..
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It's a good thing - prevents trolls and spammers.

Ravynne_Mccoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ravynne_Mccoy

Plus it's rule 17 in the How to Be a Villain Handbook : "17. Creep Up On Them Slowly- Make your presence known, but not too known.  Feed your targets just enough to earn their trust, then TAKE OVER THE WORLD."

Like Canada.  They're playing quietly now... but someday... someday... They will win.

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By goldenshot80
@JediXMan said:
" It's a good thing - prevents trolls and spammers. "
Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Renee
@Ravynne_Mccoy said:
 Like Canada.  They're playing quietly now... but someday... someday... They will win. "
LOL!
Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
" It's a good thing - prevents trolls and spammers. "
Unfortunately it does not keep the trolls and spammers from just making multiple accounts and posting as them.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By one_upper

It's pointless and literally one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_
@one_upper said:
" It's pointless and literally one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. "
Disagree.  

@SHAFEMAN: Once you get twenty posts you'll be all set.
.o0Johnny0o.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By .o0Johnny0o.
@SHAFEMAN:   Spambots were starting to set up fake accounts and their blog posts and comments trying to sell crap or get your personal info were becoming more frequent.  It's frustrating but you're over halfway there and honestly once you're on the other side of it you're sorta happy they vet for fake accounts.  

Just kill the time doing the quests, the trivia or watch interviews (theres a few good ones from the recent C2E2 where writers are talking about upcoming story arcs)  they're fun.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123
@one_upper said:
Wrong. It stops the spambots from raping the forums.
shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By shawn87

I didn't even know that was a rule but I'm glad it is

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By goldenshot80
@one_upper said:
Have you seen any trolls around comicvine?? They are the 5 post a day rule to prevent them
TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheSheepHerder

It prevents this:

No Caption Provided

And these:

From flooding the forums with crap.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
"It's a good thing - prevents trolls and spammers. "
Alternaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Alternaut

I always thought it was dumb. From a standpoint of someone who's new--most people aren't going to post five times and get their toes wet to come back and do it two-three more times and leave conversations hanging.

thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By thehummingbird

Oh trust me this made me so mad I almost quit...5 posts a day for 3 days and you will be free I am very sorry and I hope you do not get as amd as me...I sent PM's to overcome this problem..=)

SHAFEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SHAFEMAN

After hearing you guys defend the rule, i understand it and im kinda thankful for it. im really glad there aren't any trolls on comicvine. I was just peeved that i couldn't comment on some things because i have a hard time holding on to thoughts 
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@SHAFEMAN said:
" After hearing you guys defend the rule, i understand it and im kinda thankful for it. im really glad there aren't any trolls on comicvine. I was just peeved that i couldn't comment on some things because i have a hard time holding on to thoughts  "
There are many, many trolls on comicvine. :P
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_
@SHAFEMAN said:
" After hearing you guys defend the rule, i understand it and im kinda thankful for it. im really glad there aren't any trolls on comicvine. I was just peeved that i couldn't comment on some things because i have a hard time holding on to thoughts  "
I totally get where you're coming from with that. I'm an RPGer and every time I make a new alt, I have to get past the post count which is a pain in the butt. But there are valid reasons for it. A few months back we had these super-spammers. They'd do about thirty posts in five minutes (until they were banned) of the same advertisement over and over and then the mods would have to go through and delete the comments. They'd come back sometimes three times (with new accounts and IP addresses) in the same day. It was about a week of that before staff came up with this fix. It's not ideal, but it does the job.  
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By one_upper
@goldenshot80 said:

" @one_upper said:

Have you seen any trolls around comicvine?? They are the 5 post a day rule to prevent them "
There are better ways to deal with spamming and trolling  than to blindly make everyone who wants to use the site only have 5 posts a day until they have a big enough post count. What if someone is in the middle of a good conversation, should they have to wait till the next day to continue the conversation, or to make their points? Oftentimes the conversation will have died by then. Moreover if someone really wants to troll they can troll and spam 5 posts at a time until they gain enough to post freely.

It's about as effective trying to paint your house with a paintball gun or put out a house fire with water balloons.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Magian

I understand why this measure was taken. I was here when those spammers were constantly coming and flagged a lot of them. But now that things are better, I think that it should stop or at least change because if I was a new user and there was the post count, I could have probably not come back.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By one_upper
@Alternaut said:

" I always thought it was dumb. From a standpoint of someone who's new--most people aren't going to post five times and get their toes wet to come back and do it two-three more times and leave conversations hanging. "

Agreed wholeheartedly. 

@SHAFEMAN said:

That's laughable.