4 Years Ago today

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think I've mentioned this once or twice on here, but I've never really gone into detail about it. So, my father passed away in March of 2010. And even though I've experienced a lifetime of growing up and maturing since then, every year on this day I feel like that 16 year old kid who had his entire World crumble in an instance. The pain, the sadness, the guilt, the frustration - it all comes back as if no time had passed. I don't think I'll ever truly get over it, but the older I get, the better I've become at not letting it bring me down entirely. I was very close to my dad and a lot of my interests (Art, Comics, music, Fitness) are inherited from him. He was my mentor, and the person I respected and admired the most. Any problem I couldn't solve, no matter what it was, he would give the type of advice that would make it all make sense. I think that's been the hardest part of not having him in my life, really. He knew how to make someone happy when they were depressed, and there were very few times I saw him angry or depressed. I think that's another thing I learned from him - integrity. He was such a fascinating person, and treated everyone as if he knew them as a family member. I rarely feel the need to talk about these things, but I really just wanted to open up and explain how important he was to me. If there is an afterlife, I know that he's waiting there for me, ready to hear about my life, and quite frankly, I would do anything in this World to see him again. To tell him how I felt. To tell him I loved him.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peace be upon him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

RIP to him. I know he's proud of you right now, keep him so.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Sorry to hear that. I've had a similar experience but for the past six years, and it sucks, but we can only try our best to put it behind us.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine008
Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP. keep strong

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I need a tissue. I just have one thing to say: Tell people in your life how you feel about this, like family and friends, not just us internet randoms

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is now with TOAA so don't weep

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need a tissue. I just have one thing to say: Tell people in your life how you feel about this, like family and friends, not just us internet randoms

Oh don't worry, I do. But there's a strong sense of community here and you guys are really supportive with this type of stuff - I've opened up with this kind of stuff before and have gotten some amazing responses. But the real people in my life know how I feel.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rest in peace.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

sorry to hear ;( just know he's looking down smiling.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May he find mighty company in the golden halls of Valhalla!