• 134 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Mr_Stagger_Lee (174 posts) - - Show Bio

I am disappointed, but by no means surprised. We all know what happens to women in the army.

#3 Edited by deepdown (45 posts) - - Show Bio

The title is misleading.

Are you saying one third of all US Commanders, or...

one third of all fired US Commanders?

I would also be interested in how that compares to other nations. Also what is considered a terminating offense under sexual harassment as it compares to other nations.

#4 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@deepdown: Read the article....

#5 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@deepdown said:

The title is misleading.

Are you saying one third of all US Commanders, or...

one third of all fired US Commanders?

I would also be interested in how that compares to other nations. Also what is considered a terminating offense under sexual harassment as it compares to other nations.

"At least 30 percent of military commanders fired over the past eight years lost their jobs because of sexually related offenses, including harassment, adultery, and improper relationships."

#6 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: thank you.

#7 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

Happens. Part of life. Now a days all a man has to do is look at a woman for her to scream the word " Rape " I can see why so many guys are starting to turn Gay.

#8 Posted by longbowhunter (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

My girlfriend watched a documentry on rape in the military. Apparently it's pretty prevelant and covered up.

#9 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it goes to show the personality types that are attracted to military work and how they act when they start to get almost control over other people.

#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: You're welcome.

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

Happens. Part of life. Now a days all a man has to do is look at a woman for her to scream the word " Rape " I can see why so many guys are starting to turn Gay.

Seriously?

#11 Posted by Mr_Stagger_Lee (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800:

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

Happens. Part of life. Now a days all a man has to do is look at a woman for her to scream the word " Rape " I can see why so many guys are starting to turn Gay.

Your so ignorant it is almost unreal, that comment belongs in some Muslim state.

@longbowhunter said:

My girlfriend watched a documentry on rape in the military. Apparently it's pretty prevelant and covered up.

Sadly...

@PrinceIMC said:

I think it goes to show the personality types that are attracted to military work and how they act when they start to get almost control over other people.

And how they all rank up...Hmmm. Something strange.

#13 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

Happens. Part of life. Now a days all a man has to do is look at a woman for her to scream the word " Rape " I can see why so many guys are starting to turn Gay.

Your so ignorant it is almost unreal, that comment belongs in some Muslim state.

Well if these men were innocent they should of done something about it. I've been there done that and the women dont always win.

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800: What is that even meant to mean? You just said women scream rape for no reason, that is a hella accusation.

#15 Posted by Mr_Stagger_Lee (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800:

This might seem like I'm spamming, but there is nothing else I can add but this :

#16 Posted by Illuminatus (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Improper relationships? Adultery? 
 
The US Military has become a crock in this regard. Let people f*ck around. I literally see no reason why it should reflect on someone's efficacy as a military commander. 

#17 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800: What is that even meant to mean? You just said women scream rape for no reason, that is a hella accusation.

It's like that sometimes, I had a girl who acted friendly and nice to me at a store that I shop at and one of the Managers unexpectively told me not to come back into the store one day because I made one their cashiers feel very uncomftorable. I knew it was because of my female friend cause she was the only cashier that I ever spoken to and I came back to the store later on that day to return an item and unexpectley I ended up metting the girls Mom at the customer sevice desk and her Mom chewed my ass out and you know what the excuse was that I did to the girl? I stared at her and it scared it. Dude that was the best excuse her Mom was able to come up with was " I looked at her " and scared her when

1. i did not scare the girl intentionally

2. the girl didnt even confront me that I was really bothering her and

3. that was about the most childish most retarded excuse I ever heard in my life, her mom treated it like I grabbed her or put a gun in her face.

So I called the Managers up a week later and chewed them out and told them that her Mom said I stared at her and scared her and I explained to the managers that I never meant that girl any harm and she did this to me unexpectively so he had one of the General Managers speak with the girl. I told them to fire her and at first they were going to, but later on in the converation, they didnt agree with me that it was neccasarry. So I spoke to the GM a day later and he told me they had really been coaching her and he told me I was welcomed to come back into the store, but try to stay away from that girls register and I did so ever since.

I was threatning them with Attorneys and I was seriously going to get one cause that was bs the girl had me kicked out unexpectively. Acting friendly and Nice to me and then having me kicked out of the store like that for no reason. without telling me she was bothered by me, but the GM said her and I had 2 different sides to the story so it was my word against her, but I know for a fact.

I was telling the truth.

Thats my point on how some girls are. they try to act like innocent angels for no reason. In the end I Won though and even though i'm able to go back to the store and shop, i'm still pissed they didnt fire her.

#18 Edited by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800: TL;DR - I read the end and key bits once I skim read, basically.... Your basing that story about hundreds of women in the army?

#19 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800: TL;DR

LOL You probably didnt even read any of that. Read it. its a true story.

#20 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800: I read it , but its a massive attempt to say all women in the army do it.

#21 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Disturbing, but unfortunately not surprising. There is a tendency among men (and also women) in power to abuse their control over other people. This doesn't just happen in the army but also in the office or at a local grocery store or even at your own home.

#22 Posted by Mr_Stagger_Lee (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: That, and it's a pretty long line between "making someone uncomfortable" and "Sexual Misconduct"

#23 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@WhiteSGPlayer said:

@Pyrogram: That, and it's a pretty long line between "making someone uncomfortable" and "Sexual Misconduct"

lmao, well said.

#24 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800: I read it , but its a massive attempt to say all women in the army do it.

I am not saying all Females are like that, but some of them are. That could of been how those women in the Army were. I honestly dont know the full story, but Girls will try to get guys in trouble. Fact! Unless the Women in the Army had proof or witnesses that they were being harrassed, then it was bs to fire the men.

#25 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800:

#26 Edited by Mr_Stagger_Lee (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800:

Girls will try to get guys in trouble. Fact!

Nice generalisation bud.

Unless the Women in the Army had proof or witnesses that they were being harrassed, then it was bs to fire the men.

Who is saying there wasn't proof?

#27 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@WhiteSGPlayer said:

Unless the Women in the Army had proof or witnesses that they were being harrassed, then it was bs to fire the men.

Who is saying there wasn't proof?

Was their proof? I didnt take the time to read up on it, but most likely thats how it goes.

#28 Posted by Mr_Stagger_Lee (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800: Why yes. The whole Petraus-Allen thing being one of many.

#29 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

Happens. Part of life. Now a days all a man has to do is look at a woman for her to scream the word " Rape " I can see why so many guys are starting to turn Gay.

Your so ignorant it is almost unreal, that comment belongs in some Muslim state.

@longbowhunter said:

My girlfriend watched a documentry on rape in the military. Apparently it's pretty prevelant and covered up.

Sadly...

@PrinceIMC said:

I think it goes to show the personality types that are attracted to military work and how they act when they start to get almost control over other people.

And how they all rank up...Hmmm. Something strange.

-_-

#30 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: Read the news recently about Islamic states? Women being raped is casual. Not even a debate, just a fact.

#31 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@wr3h: Read the news recently about Islamic states? Women being raped is casual. Not even a debate, just a fact.

Yeah I'm aware of that.

-cries-

#32 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@wr3h: Good :) lol

#33 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

@WhiteSGPlayer said:

Unless the Women in the Army had proof or witnesses that they were being harrassed, then it was bs to fire the men.

Who is saying there wasn't proof?

Was their proof? I didnt take the time to read up on it, but most likely thats how it goes.

I very much doubt someone in command within any army would be fired without just cause. Not saying it's absolutely impossible, but I would think many of these commanders would be laughing their way to the bank for wrongful dismissal otherwise.

I am starting to take the side of the cashier by the way because most likely that's how it goes, right?. And I did read your story, unlike you reading this one accompanying this thread.

#34 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

@WhiteSGPlayer said:

Unless the Women in the Army had proof or witnesses that they were being harrassed, then it was bs to fire the men.

Who is saying there wasn't proof?

Was their proof? I didnt take the time to read up on it, but most likely thats how it goes.

I am starting to take the side of the cashier by the way because most likely that's how it goes, right?. And I did read your story, unlike you reading this one accompanying this thread.

I could careless who side your on cause

1. Thats your belief, your not a witness and you're just saying that to be ignorant. I did nothing to her and if she was bothered, she should of told me.

2. You must not ever talk to girls ( i'm assuming. )

3. You're not a manager and my Lawyers were gonna get involved which they did, they definitely would of fired her ass then.

#35 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800:

1) Mmhmm.

2) Nope. Never talked to girls.

3) Nope, not a manager and don't have lawyers who were going to get in involved in anything which they did and...yeah, so there.

Still on her side. You were wrong to stare at her and creep her out. You should be prevented from going into that store. Besides, guys are like that.

#36 Edited by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800:

Your digging a grave, you just said to a girl you must probably not talk to girls >.>

Yer, if you pay lawyers they will help you, its not really an argument...

#37 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4721 posts) - - Show Bio

Improper relationships

As far as I know and again very little ^this^ happens a lot, but I mean what do you expect. Hormones man, we have hormones. SOldiers don't get to see their wives/husbands for years. Warriors get lonely too.

(+)

#38 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One said:

Improper relationships

As far as I know and again very little ^this^ happens a lot, but I mean what do you expect. Hormones man, we have hormones. SOldiers don't get to see their wives/husbands for years. Warriors get lonely too.

(+)

They are not in the line of duty though, they are commanders.

#39 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram: I hear ya, but it happens.I personally understand it. I'm not saying it's right, or wrong. Commanders get lonely too.

(+)

#40 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Still on her side. You were wrong to stare at her and creep her out. You should be prevented from going into that store. Besides, guys are like that.

Really? Like its the first time a guys looked at her? I only looked at her with a blank expression ( nothing intimidating or insulting about it ) If I stood acroos from her register 20 feet away and did nothing, but look at her then it would be weird I agree, but I was paying for an item at a register. How could looking at her be insulting or scary? Im assuming shes a virgin and had nothing but bad luck with dudes.

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800:

Your digging a grave, you just said to a girl you must probably not talk to girls >.>

Yer, if you pay lawyers they will help you, its not really an argument...

I'm assuming this guy hasnt spoken to girls.

I got plenty of money to hire several attorneys that I have. It is an argument. If I hired all 3 of my attorneys. chances are I would of won, if not, they still would of fired her since they had to waste their time on that. They would of been stupid if they didnt fire her.

#41 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

@lykopis said:

Still on her side. You were wrong to stare at her and creep her out. You should be prevented from going into that store. Besides, guys are like that.

Really? Like its the first time a guys looked at her? I only looked at her with a blank expression ( nothing intimidating or insulting about it ) If I stood acroos from her register 20 feet away and did nothing, but look at her then it would be weird I agree, but I was paying for an item at a register. How could looking at her be insulting or scary? Im assuming shes a virgin and had nothing but bad luck with dudes.

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800:

Your digging a grave, you just said to a girl you must probably not talk to girls >.>

Yer, if you pay lawyers they will help you, its not really an argument...

I'm assuming this guy hasnt spoken to girls.

This "guy" is a girl... Read my reply better.

I got plenty of money to hire several attorneys that I have. It is an argument. If I hired all 3 of my attorneys. chances are I would of won, if not, they still would of fired her since they had to waste their time on that. They would of been stupid if they didnt fire her.

They would help you regardless as your paying them, and anyways, her feeling uncomfortable is different from crying rape.

#42 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

@lykopis said:

Still on her side. You were wrong to stare at her and creep her out. You should be prevented from going into that store. Besides, guys are like that.

Really? Like its the first time a guys looked at her? I only looked at her with a blank expression ( nothing intimidating or insulting about it ) If I stood acroos from her register 20 feet away and did nothing, but look at her then it would be weird I agree, but I was paying for an item at a register. How could looking at her be insulting or scary? Im assuming shes a virgin and had nothing but bad luck with dudes.

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800:

Your digging a grave, you just said to a girl you must probably not talk to girls >.>

Yer, if you pay lawyers they will help you, its not really an argument...

I'm assuming this guy hasnt spoken to girls.

I got plenty of money to hire several attorneys that I have. It is an argument. If I hired all 3 of my attorneys. chances are I would of won, if not, they still would of fired her since they had to waste their time on that. They would of been stupid if they didnt fire her.

To think she was your friend, man. And a virgin. Blank expressions, completely still, unemotional, stone faced -- soooo not intimidating. Maybe she was insulted because you didn't wiggle your eyebrows and make a side to side motion with your hand in tandem with your tongue pressed against the inside of your now poked out cheek..

Yeah. Virgins do have bad luck with guys, the whole virginity thing gets in the way of things. Poor thing. I feel even more sorry for her. Of all the cashier check-outs in all of the world, it was hers that you approached with your Doritos and Mountain Dew.

All that torment and suffering. Your lawyers (all three of them) could have had a chance to prove themselves smart, you know?

**shakes head**

As for romantic relationships, it's unfortunate but there is a discrepancy in terms of seniority and also, it's explicit romantic liasons are forbidden. If it was true love, yadda, yadda, then someone should have willingly given up their job and if it was just for sex -- well -- that can be located outside of the military.

I do have sympathy in the cases of mutual affection though. I just wonder how many cases there are of commanders not being brought up on charges of misconduct in terms of sexual harassment. It's a tough road to embark on as a victim.

#43 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

This "guy" is a girl... Read my reply better.

They would help you regardless as your paying them, and anyways, her feeling uncomfortable is different from crying rape.

Ok, its a female my bad.

Ok, you're not getting my point. Or didnt read my previous post carefully.

I did not know I was making the girl feel uncomftortable, Thats her fault for acting friendly and nice to me for the time being that she knew me. She never told me or gave me signs at all that I was bothering her until the day I was asked not to come back anymore.

How would you feel if a girl acted friendly and nice to you for months that you knew her and out of no where you're in trouble and have no idea you could of done anything wrong? You would of been like " OMG WOW " too.

Thats what i'm saying, instead of confronting me that I was bothering her and acted like a friend to me and had me kicked out of the store unexpectively like that is called " Leading " and she needs to learn she cant do that shit. It hurts.

#44 Edited by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800:

I would have been like I am sorry and asked her why.. Not assumed she was a virgin and all sorts of rubbish. If I was a girl and a guy just looked at me doing nothing...I would be creeped out.

And this is relevant to sexual misconduct? Her feeling scared is not the same as that...

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

Happens. Part of life. Now a days all a man has to do is look at a woman for her to scream the word " Rape " I can see why so many guys are starting to turn Gay.

PFFFT

#46 Posted by akbogert (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

Good freaking grief.

The only thing more terrifying than reports like this is the nonchalance with which their regularity is accepted. Hardly matters whether they're "warriors" or "soldiers" or "commanders." Loneliness is no excuse for debauchery. The victims of this harassment? Also soldiers. Also away from loved ones. Also shouldn't have to put up with this crap.

, you may not have intentionally scared that poor cashier but your comments here are terrifying me. On so many different levels. It reminds me of some of the folks who are retweeted by the "Yes, You're Racist" twitter account who are so outrageously racist that they're incapable of seeing their own blatant racism. The sheer fact that you were so fixated on this girl that she noticed your attention enough to complain about it speaks volumes; cashiers tend to put up with and ignore a lot of harassment because complaining is usually more stressful than the source of the complaint (I should know -- I was a cashier). That you got so worked up about it that you demanded the girl's job, threatened legal action, and are still obviously angry about it now...

Like I said, terrifying.

You take male privilege to a whole new level, man. Sweeping generalizations about feminine malice, obvious blindness to the historical record that women are victimized far more frequently than reported. Has it occurred to you that women risk a great deal by formally accusing anyone -- particularly a superior -- of abuse? That it's not so gung-ho and fun to yell "rape" as one cries wolf? Your presumption that people who don't side with you must simply not know girls as well as you (think you) do has already been underscored by your failure to realize the "guy" you're "assuming...hasnt spoken to girls" [sic] is in fact a girl who was merely refraining from directly mocking you.

I hope your lawyers are as good as you think they are, because it sounds like you're bound to actually need them someday.

*shudder*

#47 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@RobocopSlayerT800 said:

@lykopis said:

Still on her side. You were wrong to stare at her and creep her out. You should be prevented from going into that store. Besides, guys are like that.

Really? Like its the first time a guys looked at her? I only looked at her with a blank expression ( nothing intimidating or insulting about it ) If I stood acroos from her register 20 feet away and did nothing, but look at her then it would be weird I agree, but I was paying for an item at a register. How could looking at her be insulting or scary? Im assuming shes a virgin and had nothing but bad luck with dudes.

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800:

Your digging a grave, you just said to a girl you must probably not talk to girls >.>

Yer, if you pay lawyers they will help you, its not really an argument...

I'm assuming this guy hasnt spoken to girls.

I got plenty of money to hire several attorneys that I have. It is an argument. If I hired all 3 of my attorneys. chances are I would of won, if not, they still would of fired her since they had to waste their time on that. They would of been stupid if they didnt fire her.

To think she was your friend, man. And a virgin. Blank expressions, completely still, unemotional, stone faced -- soooo not intimidating. Maybe she was insulted because you didn't wiggle your eyebrows and make a side to side motion with your hand in tandem with your tongue pressed against the inside of your now poked out cheek..

Yeah. Virgins do have bad luck with guys, the whole virginity thing gets in the way of things. Poor thing. I feel even more sorry for her. Of all the cashier check-outs in all of the world, it was hers that you approached with your Doritos and Mountain Dew.

All that torment and suffering. Your lawyers (all three of them) could have had a chance to prove themselves smart, you know?

**shakes head**

As for romantic relationships, it's unfortunate but there is a discrepancy in terms of seniority and also, it's explicit romantic liasons are forbidden. If it was true love, yadda, yadda, then someone should have willingly given up their job and if it was just for sex -- well -- that can be located outside of the military.

I do have sympathy in the cases of mutual affection though. I just wonder how many cases there are of commanders not being brought up on charges of misconduct in terms of sexual harassment. It's a tough road to embark on as a victim.

1. I guess

2. Ok, if you feel more sorry for her than good for you, but as I said on my above post. That is her fault for acting friendly and nice to me and I was not creeping her out intentionally, instead of her confronting me that I was bothering her, she continued to act nice and friendly to me and out of no where had me kicked out for no reason.

3. Chances are I would of won, even if I didnt, they would of fired her.

4. It wasnt love. lol it wasnt like that.

The point is, for her to act like shes a nice friendly person tords me and have me kicked out of the store like that is called " Leading " and that is not good. I was always nice to her, never threatened her, never insulted her verbally or any of the sort. How would you feel if a Guy acted nice to you for months and out of no where you got in trouble and though " Omg wtf and how could this guy do this to me, act like a gentlemen and be nothing but nice and get me in trouble like that? " It would of hurt your feeling too. You obviously havent been there done that before.

#48 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@RobocopSlayerT800:

I would have been like I am sorry and asked her why.. Not assumed she was a virgin and all sorts of rubbish. If I was a girl and a guy just looked at me doing nothing...I would be creeped out.

And this is relevant to sexual misconduct? Her feeling scared is not the same as that...

How could you say sorry if the managers already told you not to come back anymore while you were leaving the store? Shes looked at me with blank expressions too months before this happened and acted nice to me.

#49 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@RobocopSlayerT800: Your just making excuse's and to me it seems you know you did wrong or by the way you speak you have something against her or women in general, who looks at a women and assumes she is a virgin beacuse she was annoyed at you? I seriously do not get that, and again, How is this similar to sexual misconduct?

#50 Posted by lykopis (10753 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

Good freaking grief.

The only thing more terrifying than reports like this is the nonchalance with which their regularity is accepted. Hardly matters whether they're "warriors" or "soldiers" or "commanders." Loneliness is no excuse for debauchery. The victims of this harassment? Also soldiers. Also away from loved ones. Also shouldn't have to put up with this crap.

, you may not have intentionally scared that poor cashier but your comments here are terrifying me. On so many different levels. It reminds me of some of the folks who are retweeted by the "Yes, You're Racist" twitter account who are so outrageously racist that they're incapable of seeing their own blatant racism. The sheer fact that you were so fixated on this girl that she noticed your attention enough to complain about it speaks volumes; cashiers tend to put up with and ignore a lot of harassment because complaining is usually more stressful than the source of the complaint (I should know -- I was a cashier). That you got so worked up about it that you demanded the girl's job, threatened legal action, and are still obviously angry about it now...

Like I said, terrifying.

You take male privilege to a whole new level, man. Sweeping generalizations about feminine malice, obvious blindness to the historical record that women are victimized far more frequently than reported. Has it occurred to you that women risk a great deal by formally accusing anyone -- particularly a superior -- of abuse? That it's not so gung-ho and fun to yell "rape" as one cries wolf? Your presumption that people who don't side with you must simply not know girls as well as you (think you) do has already been underscored by your failure to realize the "guy" you're "assuming...hasnt spoken to girls" [sic] is in fact a girl who was merely refraining from directly mocking you.

I hope your lawyers are as good as you think they are, because it sounds like you're bound to actually need them someday.

*shudder*

Thank you.