#1 Posted by DTheory777 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is off topic, but to think this was part of Americas history and how everyone watched this historic event. what was everyone doing?, did the disaster effect you in any way?, 
and what event in comic book history do you remember from 1986?. 
 here is a link if you need to remember.   http://t.co/kmwD2rC

#2 Posted by Jake Fury (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in the 4th grade and won't ever forget it. We were in another classroom and my regular teacher came in and told us.
#3 Posted by the referee (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to take anything away from the tragedy but all I remember is are the stupid I asked for a Bud Light jokes going around after it. 

#4 Posted by DTheory777 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah those were stupid.

#5 Posted by whacknasty (5606 posts) - - Show Bio

I was in the second grade, Mrs. Smelser's class.  I was pretty tripped out by it, cuz we were watching it live on tv when it happened.  

I knew whatever happened shouldn't have, but I really didn't get all sad about it until later that school year we learned and sang songs about the teacher astronaut on board (I cant spell her name, Christie M...?)

#6 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i was in 1st grade, like whack i was too young to understand why it blew up. its such a tragedy that it happened
#7 Posted by AssertingValor (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Feb. 1st will be 8 years since columbia broke up on reentery.
#8 Posted by DTheory777 (40 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty:  Her name was   Christa McAuliffe
#9 Posted by whacknasty (5606 posts) - - Show Bio
@DTheory777: Ah, thanks.  

Yeah, I think that was probably the biggest thing I remember from my childhood as a tragedy...nothing else jumps to mind like that.