#1 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

In 2016,WHY?

#2 Posted by HumanRocket (8932 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not? First Class and The Wolverine have established my faith in the X-Men franchise. DOFP looks like it's going to continue that trend so why not have more X films of great quality in the same year.

#3 Posted by frozenedge (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what the problem is with that

#4 Posted by Rouflex (19576 posts) - - Show Bio

<<See problems where there is none>> Achieved, 100points gained

#5 Edited by SilverPool (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not? First Class and The Wolverine have established my faith in the X-Men franchise. DOFP looks like it's going to continue that trend so why not have more X films of great quality in the same year.

This.

#6 Posted by Farkam (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be a sad day when we are reduced to 1 comic book film every 3 years again.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34343 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanralphio: Why not? Different characters, different directors. How many Avengers films has there been this year?

#8 Posted by gor724 (839 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has 2 films per year, why not Fox? Anyway, more movies = happier me.

#9 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18774 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see a problem.

...unless Gambit isn't in either movie.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (45122 posts) - - Show Bio

Bingo.

#11 Posted by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

idk if apocalypse will be better than days of future pass

#12 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77 said:

idk if apocalypse will be better than days of future pass

i think dofp will be a trilogy and will link together

dofp

apocalypse

x-force

with the avengers being a huge box office hit it is known both fox and sony want to follow that sort of formula and pump out there own group films.

i remember frank miller saying months ago he wants to cross xmen with the fantastic 4 on the silver screen so it will be interesting indeed

#13 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see some faults in both films, but First Class and the Wolverine were good - far better than Origins and the Last Stand. Days of Future Past looks pretty good so far.

What I'm saying is: two potentially good movies in the same year is not a bad thing.

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill X-Force. Don't nobody want that bull (well, not me at least).

#15 Posted by JamesKM716 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be great if they were linked. Say Apocalypse is defeated and the post credits teaser is his reincarnation; which could be shot to death by Fantomex in X-Force

#16 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm all for it.

the X Men need to make a huge comeback, I mean those movies WERE the superhero movies of the 2000s. I grew up watching those films and still appreciate them today.

#17 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameskm716: Marvel post credit scenes are killing me...lol

#18 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends if days of future past works out. If it's good, then i'd be all for it.

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

DOFP will disappoint.

Should've been X-Men 4: AoA & First Class 2

#20 Posted by CheeseSticks (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

So you want every company to be like DC? Putting a bad movie each 4 years?

#21 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

DOFP will disappoint.

Should've been X-Men 4: AoA & First Class 2

I guarantee you that Days of Future Past will be the best film of the X Men franchise, hands down.

The only people who will be disappointed by it will either not know a lot about the X Men or they just don't have a great taste in movies.

#22 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a good sequel to the original movies...

#23 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: It won't. People only saying it will be the best because of an all star cast and source material when that's the same thing that brought down The Last Stand

#24 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@cf12793: It won't. People only saying it will be the best because of an all star cast and source material when that's the same thing that brought down The Last Stand

The Last Stand is a bad comparison because that was a completely different director who signed onto the project late and changed everything about the film. It seemed like the studio called the shots more then anyone else, which is also why X Men Origins: Wolverine was so bad.

The cast didn't bring down the film, the dumb script and bad directing is what brought it down.

It will be the best film out of the franchise because everyone had low expectations on "X Men: First Class" and it blew every other film out of the water that summer. Now, with this film, you've got the original director coming back to do it, the original cast everyone likes as well as the new cast who appeal to a newer generation of fans as well as one of the best X-Men storylines that's been done in the comics, and I guarantee you that Days of Future Past will be the greatest summer film of next year.

#25 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: There was also too many cast members that they couldn't be written into the story.

I guarantee that in X-Men: DOFP only 5 cast members actually will be used and won't live up to the source material.

#26 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@cf12793: There was also too many cast members that they couldn't be written into the story.

I guarantee that in X-Men: DOFP only 5 cast members actually will be used and won't live up to the source material.

We'll have to wait and see.

The person who will be surprised with the film owes the other person a dollar. Think that's fair. :P

#27 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by MaccyD (4945 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather Matthew Vaughn (director of First Class) take the reins of director over Bryan Singer but at least he'll still be producer and writer.