• 95 results
#51 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

@cezar_thescribe:

Right, so carrying a fire-arm that kills people is fine and dandy, but carrying around something that is solely designed to stun someone is not?

Tasers have caused many deaths and police use them in many situations that their use is not warranted. There's no need for them.

Safety issues

Then there's news like this.

Police kill 95 year old

The police needed a taser to subdue an elderly man?

They are out of control and they don't need tasers, or shot guns that shoot bean bags.

#52 Edited by Pope052 (3083 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe:

You ignored an aspect of my post.

You're implying that firearms are okay to use yet tasers are not.

#53 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10435 posts) - - Show Bio

My prayers go out to the family.

#54 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9814 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw this on the news earlier today i:

#55 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

They couldn't have shot him in the arm, or shot his knees to incap him? No, no! They had to kill him!

#56 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

FIRST!, this thread will be huge. I know I know its bad.

Do you have any idea how disrespectful, how insensitive and how asininely stupid it is to make a first comment on a news article about a tragic shooting of a boy with a fake rifle? Grow up and get out of this ridiculous habit of posting first comments on threads. ESPECIALLY on ones with tragedies such as these.

Dude calm down. I'm sure he didn't mean it to sound bad.

#57 Edited by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P

#58 Posted by Wolverine08 (40663 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
@bruxae said:

If american gun laws changed they wouldnt have to be so paranoid all the time.

This. Also, I'm going with the cops again. The kid had what looked like a real gun. He turned around and the gun was facing the police officer. Had it been real, the title could have been "Cop shot dead by 13 year old boy". The kid is at fault for carrying that thing around and his parents are even more at fault for letting him. Why replica guns haven't been banned is beyond me.

#60 Posted by BumpyBoo (8101 posts) - - Show Bio

They couldn't have shot him in the arm, or shot his knees to incap him? No, no! They had to kill him!

My first thought, too :/

#61 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I think I'm gonna enjoy Norway

Do they have guns there?

#62 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20120 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Really doesn't make any sense to fatally shoot him.

#63 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21359 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:
@bruxae said:

If american gun laws changed they wouldnt have to be so paranoid all the time.

This. Also, I'm going with the cops again. The kid had what looked like a real gun. He turned around and the gun was facing the police officer. Had it been real, the title could have been "Cop shot dead by 13 year old boy". The kid is at fault for carrying that thing around and his parents are even more at fault for letting him. Why replica guns haven't been banned is beyond me.

Completely agree.

I don't quite agree, are you saying you think all guns should be banned, even pellet/bb guns?

Again, I don't get what Bruxae means either. An AK-47 is not allowed anyway, that's why the Police were so nervous. An AK-47 is a machine gun, not a basic hunting rifle.

#64 Edited by Dernman (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: He said replica. I think he meant guns that look like real guns. I remember when I was a kid they banned most toy guns from looking like real guns for this very reason.

@bumpyboo said:

To be fair. You're not going to be at your best when someone is turning what you think is a real gun on you to take your life. Certainly not good enough to hit a small target like that. Do we know how far away they were?

#65 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21359 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman: He said replica. I think he meant guns that look like real guns. I remember when I was a kid they banned most toy guns from looking like real guns for this very reason.

most have bright orange caps, and orange butts. ha butt....

#66 Edited by Dernman (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@dernman said:

I can't even find ones like that where I am. Most of the ones around here the entire gun is bright colors and/or weirdly shaped. Now that I think about it I don't even remember seeing toy guns that are not water guns.

EDIT: I'm wrong I just remembered there are some that shoot nerf things. They too are bright colors and oddly shaped though

#67 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21359 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@dernman said:

I can't even find ones like that where I am. Most of the ones around here the entire gun is bright colors and/or weirdly shaped. Now that I think about it I don't even remember seeing toy guns that are not water guns.

I don't know where you live, but guns are pretty common toys, every dollar general's toy isle is half full of guns. and there in camo or black. (with orange tips).

#68 Edited by Dabee (2383 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: @risingbean:

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

FIRST!, this thread will be huge. I know I know its bad.

Do you have any idea how disrespectful, how insensitive and how asininely stupid it is to make a first comment on a news article about a tragic shooting of a boy with a fake rifle? Grow up and get out of this ridiculous habit of posting first comments on threads. ESPECIALLY on ones with tragedies such as these.

I've read the articles last night, and honestly sounds like the boy was ignoring cops orders. and yes another school shooting happened just a day or 2 ago. Cops are gonna be on edge, but its the boys fault is he was ignoreing cops, and would put the pellet gun down when asked.

You're dodging my original point. There is a time and place for first comments and this is not one of them. Learn from this useful advice if you do nothing else that you shouldn't be so disrespectful towards deaths like these. Also, we may not have the full facts or the police officers could have used non lethal tactics or something else could have been done instead of allowing previous judgements to hamper one's actions. The death of a boy is not something to dismiss at all regardless of whether he was ignoring cop orders. There's always another way to resolve these situations. Always.

Come on... is it really THAT big a deal that he said 'first?' It's the internet...

#69 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Regardless, she's right when she says they're paranoid. Assault rifles aren't uncommon on the streets. When I say "replica", I mean a toy that's made to look like a real gun and serves no purpose but to pretend you're using it to shoot someone. It's not even a toy you should give your child.

#70 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21359 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@allstarsuperman: Regardless, she's right when she says they're paranoid. Assault rifles aren't uncommon on the streets. When I say "replica", I mean a toy that's made to look like a real gun and serves no purpose but to pretend you're using it to shoot someone. It's not even a toy you should give your child.

how is letting your children watch action/ superhero cartoons or movies any different. there's guns every where.

#71 Posted by ntb101 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm sorry for him. r.i.p little guy. why did police do that

#72 Posted by RisingBean (3812 posts) - - Show Bio

@dabee: We're past it. Thanks for the concern.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: @bumpyboo:

Trying to hit center mass is not as easy would lead you to believe. When police or military shoot, it is to kill. What happens if they try to wound, miss and hit some random person. With adrenaline and everything in play, wound shots are generally as much a fantasy as super powers.

#73 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a shame, but if the officers believed the weapon was real, and their lives, or other lives were in danger then they were justified in using deadly force.

#74 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

Good lord.

#75 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (17811 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn shame. I think we don't know enough about the circumstances to see if the officer was entirely in the wrong, but it's just a sad tragedy. My prayers go to the boy's family and friends.

#77 Posted by Spideysense44 (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

That's messed up :/ cops are so trigger happy lately

#78 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

That's messed up :/ cops are so trigger happy lately

#79 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44: The cop did the right thing. Anyone with a brain would have done the same.

@allstarsuperman: Doesn't matter. As I said, replica guns only really serve the purpose of acting as real guns. Movies and games are fine.

#80 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9992 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Its not his fault but this reactive society we have. When 9/11 happened the airports got tight, and with all these shootings the cops are scared. Bullied kids either commit suicide or shoot the bully and go on a rampage. so I guess cops were just scared.

#81 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

What I'l say about this case is this:

This didn't have to happen. In the Military they are taught to assess situations, assess the aera and the problem. If the cop had been fired upon then there would have been a note to take cover and do your best to detain this person.

But in this case it's an innocent 13 year old boy with a plastic weapon..This cop should be charged for 2nd degree murder. This is wrong. The boy was doing nothing wrong and now we've lost another life here in America. Another person who could've became the next Bill Gates or Warren buffet. Another author. Another pro-league baseball player...

It's dissapointing and I cried when reading both articles.

My heart pours out to the father of this boy.

Eh what the hell kind of military where you taught by?

#82 Posted by The Stegman (23778 posts) - - Show Bio

Threads like this vex me. I feel sorry for the child losing his life so earlier, but the comments are all the same. Sad comments toward the victim, angry comments toward the perpetrator....then apathy as we move on and the world continues to spin. And maybe, if we're lucky, it'll turn into something completely off topic like how guns should be banned, or how cops are corrupt, yet, nothing will be done about it.

#83 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17811 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks said:

This didn't have to happen. In the Military they are taught to assess situations, assess the aera and the problem. If the cop had been fired upon then there would have been a note to take cover and do your best to detain this person.

But in this case it's an innocent 13 year old boy with a plastic weapon..This cop should be charged for 2nd degree murder. This is wrong. The boy was doing nothing wrong and now we've lost another life here in America. Another person who could've became the next Bill Gates or Warren buffet. Another author. Another pro-league baseball player...

I don't think he was. I think he is 13?

#84 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@kingjohnrocks said:

I'm talking about the user

#85 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17811 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@kingjohnrocks said:

I'm talking about the user

kingjohn? Yeah he is around 13

#86 Posted by KenshiroFistofWrath (348 posts) - - Show Bio

this is so sad. everytime i read something like that, i am glad that i live in germany

#87 Posted by KingAres109 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is sad.And the saddest part about it is its going to happen again.And the same people on here and off of here WILL always defend the cops.Some ppl in life will always accept the bad until it happens to them.Some ppl also believe cops can do no wrong.Now if the gun was fake,why would the kid raise it??That's why I hardly trust cops.Their quick to blast you away no matter what.And they will ALWAYS claim self-defense. Mark my word!!

#88 Posted by mikethekiller (8371 posts) - - Show Bio

They shot the kid like seven times.

#89 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

@cezar_thescribe:

You ignored an aspect of my post.

You're implying that firearms are okay to use yet tasers are not.

@bumpyboo said:

#90 Edited by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sad the boy was shot and killed. But all he had to do was PUT DOWN THE GUN. What do people expect to happen when something like that occurs.

It's extremely tragic. But if I was that age, I would of been scared to death. I probably would of froze in fear. Hence, probably would of been shot. The cops, Idk what they were thinking, but they should of took more care before they shot. But then again, I don't know the full story.

#91 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9992 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant believe stuff like this happens, Cop;s need to chill.

#92 Posted by gor724 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.... Thats terrible news.... Kinda ruined my day. The boy will be in my prayers tonight

#93 Posted by flazam (2489 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a shame, but if the officers believed the weapon was real, and their lives, or other lives were in danger then they were justified in using deadly force.

#94 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Did companies stop putting the orange tip on airsoft/fake guns? Or did this kid take the tip off? Because in the picture of the gun there isn't one..

#95 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

It's tragic that a 13 year-old was killed. But 13 is old enough to understand that when the police tell you to drop the gun, you should drop it.

#96 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did cops have to shoot the kid, seven times? One shot to the arm would be enough to disarm and warn him, seven shots is overkill.

#97 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.

#98 Posted by Black_Arrow (2825 posts) - - Show Bio

It is tragic and I dont think that he released that the cops didnt notice that it was a toy gun. Sad thing

#99 Posted by Nefarious (19537 posts) - - Show Bio

The reputation of the cops continues to get worse.