• 95 results
#3 Posted by Lvenger (19984 posts) - - Show Bio

FIRST!, this thread will be huge. I know I know its bad.

Do you have any idea how disrespectful, how insensitive and how asininely stupid it is to make a first comment on a news article about a tragic shooting of a boy with a fake rifle? Grow up and get out of this ridiculous habit of posting first comments on threads. ESPECIALLY on ones with tragedies such as these.

#4 Edited by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait for the posts to start rolling in...

#5 Edited by JetiiMitra (8631 posts) - - Show Bio

...ohboy.

#6 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6340 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn...

#7 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Very sad news for sure

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Do you have any idea how disrespectful, how insensitive and how asininely stupid it is to make a first comment on a news article about a tragic shooting of a boy with a fake rifle? Grow up and get out of this ridiculous habit of posting first comments on threads. ESPECIALLY on ones with tragedies such as these.

I've read the articles last night, and honestly sounds like the boy was ignoring cops orders. and yes another school shooting happened just a day or 2 ago. Cops are gonna be on edge, but its the boys fault is he was ignoreing cops, and would put the pellet gun down when asked.

#9 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to the boy's family. I can't imagine what they are going through...

#10 Posted by SOG7dc (7214 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm gonna enjoy Norway

#11 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sad the boy was shot and killed. But all he had to do was PUT DOWN THE GUN. What do people expect to happen when something like that occurs.

#12 Posted by RisingBean (3992 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I never care about trolling, or the BS Viners pull on CV...but, this certifies you as a complete douche bag.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (19984 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

I've read the articles last night, and honestly sounds like the boy was ignoring cops orders. and yes another school shooting happened just a day or 2 ago. Cops are gonna be on edge, but its the boys fault is he was ignoreing cops, and would put the pellet gun down when asked.

You're dodging my original point. There is a time and place for first comments and this is not one of them. Learn from this useful advice if you do nothing else that you shouldn't be so disrespectful towards deaths like these. Also, we may not have the full facts or the police officers could have used non lethal tactics or something else could have been done instead of allowing previous judgements to hamper one's actions. The death of a boy is not something to dismiss at all regardless of whether he was ignoring cop orders. There's always another way to resolve these situations. Always.

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sad the boy was shot and killed. But all he had to do was PUT DOWN THE GUN. What do people expect to happen when something like that occurs.

this

#16 Posted by RisingBean (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

I generally side with officers because I know how it feels to never know when people are going to gun for you, but I think that common sense needs to be at play here. If the kid aimed at the officer (which was never stated) initiated any threatening actions, I need to say that it may be justified, but if a kid, who are known for making bad decisions wasn't aiming the "weapon" at anybody, I think the officer may need to face criminal charges himself.

It's a screwed up world. You can go to prison for shooing somebody who can break into your home and may do you harm, yet we have officers putting down 13 year old kids. It's a tragedy at any level, justified or not.

#17 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

You're dodging my original point. There is a time and place for first comments and this is not one of them. Learn from this useful advice if you do nothing else that you shouldn't be so disrespectful towards deaths like these. Also, we may not have the full facts or the police officers could have used non lethal tactics or something else could have been done instead of allowing previous judgements to hamper one's actions. The death of a boy is not something to dismiss at all regardless of whether he was ignoring cop orders. There's always another way to resolve these situations. Always.

yeah, it was all a miss understanding. And its sad, for both The Cops and the Kid, but why didn't he just put it down. The cops said they have no idea he was just a boy. and You have to admit If a Cop see a person with a machine gun, they have the right to be very nervous.

#18 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys realize this kid was 13 years old? The internet is such a good place

#19 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Lvenger (19984 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I don't want to spend any more time arguing this topic. I've done enough of that on my time on here.

#21 Posted by IrishX (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I think I'm gonna enjoy Norway

You know that's where an ***hole killed over 70 people just a couple years ago right?

Tragedies happen everywhere.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (42356 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Dude calm down. I'm sure he didn't mean it to sound bad.

#24 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver said:

this

#25 Posted by RisingBean (3992 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Lvenger (19984 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Dude calm down. I'm sure he didn't mean it to sound bad.

He shouldn't have made that comment in the first place. This is a seriously tragic situation that does not deserve such a comment. As for your last post, it was way too extreme for the police to lethally shoot a 13 year old boy with an unconfirmed rifle. Utterly despicable, disgraceful behaviour that could have been resolved another way. Shows a lack of discipline and compassion in dealing with a situation that need not have ended this way. Obviously, the boy should have put the gun down but he sounded like an immature 13 year old kid. Kids that age start not listening to adults and think they know better. Both parties are at fault here.

#27 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

Over-reaction. Police need to be retrained to have common sense.

Also, new standards for IQ and weight.

#28 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7848 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put in my two pennies but who cares? It won't change what happened and until you've been in the position of the police you don't know how you would react.

This a tragedy. Pure and simple. A young life lost and two officers who have to live with this the rest of their lives. It isn't easy to get over killing someone trying to kill you, let alone this.

#29 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dear O_O

..I don't think I even want to read the article. It's really sad. for both the kid and the Cops.

#30 Posted by Bruxae (13885 posts) - - Show Bio

If american gun laws changed they wouldnt have to be so paranoid all the time.

#31 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by cameron83 (7338 posts) - - Show Bio

......why do I even bother anymore with humanity itself?

#33 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this thread really need to be on this site?

#34 Posted by dondave (37464 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't they have tasers anymore?

#35 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Really really horrible news

Does this thread really need to be on this site?

Yes because this is the off topic section and this doesnt break the rules

#36 Edited by JwwProd (9474 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dear............

I hope so cops get fired! poor boy :( I feel sorry for him and his mum.

#37 Posted by Dernman (15105 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: @risingbean: While his post might have been wrong personal insults are against the rules. Please keep them to yourself.

#38 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

Come on now. They know the job and the dangers before taking the job.

@dondave said:

Don't they have tasers anymore?

They don't need them and shouldn't have them.

#39 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21872 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

even the current guns laws don't allow a freaking AK-47, that wouldn't change anything........

#40 Posted by RisingBean (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: In general I agree with you. However after seeing this happen in multiple threads, with multiple people complaining in general, when it happened here? I decided to be blunt about it. I decided that my choice of words may cause some self reflection and that it may set about a positive change. I also decided if a mod saw it and wanted to call me on it I would take that lump when and if it happened.

As it stands, the result was that the poster realized he made a mistake, he had the maturity to own up to it, I thanked him for that and hopefully that is the end of it.

Thank you for also having the fortitude to stand up for what you believe in. Now as for me? I am going to hopefully go back to being my low key self.

#42 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Several of these cases have come up through out time. Honestly, if a kid has a black toy gun, water pistol etc and a cop says "freeze, put it down" they should listen or get shot(look at it from the cops perspective)

However, those cases where a kid is just holding it and not doing anything I don't think it's necessary for a cop to just shoot them. Still though, carrying around an accurate replicant of a real gun isn't the brightest idea(especially these days, not just from a cop's perspective but anyone's that's seriously paranoid)

#43 Edited by RisingBean (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: I'll do my best to. I can't promise that I'll never ever have something to say, but I will put in my effort to stick to the laws of the land.

#44 Posted by ShootingNova (17240 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds more like the cops' inept fumbling as opposed to the boy doing anything wrong.

#45 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

What I'l say about this case is this:

This didn't have to happen. In the Military they are taught to assess situations, assess the aera and the problem. If the cop had been fired upon then there would have been a note to take cover and do your best to detain this person.

But in this case it's an innocent 13 year old boy with a plastic weapon..This cop should be charged for 2nd degree murder. This is wrong. The boy was doing nothing wrong and now we've lost another life here in America. Another person who could've became the next Bill Gates or Warren buffet. Another author. Another pro-league baseball player...

It's dissapointing and I cried when reading both articles.

My heart pours out to the father of this boy.

#47 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the boy was stupid to carry a replica like that in the middle of public.

#48 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaperonyx:

He wasn't inflicting/causing harm upon ANYONE. How can you possibly blame HIM!?

#49 Posted by DeadPoker (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: I agree that the boy's decision to 'play' with a replica gun in public was foolish to some extent, however you're right: this was not entirely his fault. Both parties could be at fault. But the event itself is quite tragic I'm afraid.

#50 Posted by Pope052 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe:

Right, so carrying a fire-arm that kills people is fine and dandy, but carrying around something that is solely designed to stun someone is not?