1. A great premise- it was original, it was dark and gritty in the good way and was rife with possibilities that it didn't really get a chance to fully explore.
2. It had real consequences- Despite it being a Disney cartoon it actually showed the effects of what was going on, people actually died and bled and went to the hospital and lost their jobs, not all the endings were happy.
3. It was open for expansion- Despite only running for 78 episodes their were at least a dozen potential spin-offs.
4. Great villains- Xanatos was probably one of the best recurring villains on TV at the time, he was pretty unique in the fact that despite being a villain he wasn't vengeful and had a sense of honor which is rare among cartoon villains, Macbeth was possibly the most complex and sympathetic villains that's ever been on a cartoon just for kids. They had some villains that sucked granted but for the most part the villains were just as fully formed as the heroes.
5. Great supporting cast- They had police that were actually competent (Very rare for a Super hero show not set in Gotham city), even the random characters that popped up for one episode and were never seen again got some level of proper development.
6. Deep mythology-The show dealt with Gods, and magic in a way that was relatively unique at the time, possibly the only show to ever suppose science was a true equal to real magic. Shakespeare was a huge influence on the show and they did a fairly good job of integrating those characters into this world in a way that never felt shoe-horned.
7. Great main cast- The heroes were of course bad ass but they were also fallible and made mistakes but unlike many shows where the characters would make the same mistakes over and over, they actually learned and changed.
8. Goliath- was as awesome as Batman (Don't care what anyone says, you can't change my opinion on this.)
9. The last season was a slap in the face to the creators and ruined what they had built and it deserves better.
10. Because it would make me very happy. (Okay I only had 9 big reasons.)