• 51 results
#1 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (616 posts) - - Show Bio

So what does everyone else think about the new roster? I'm personally glad Aracely and Kaine will be on the team.

#2 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

@master_of_suprise: It has been hinted that the Scarlet Spider isn't Kaine because he apparently is going to die in his own series. Too bad:( But then again, Kaine is not a team type.

Personally, I am hyped(!) over the fact that there will soon be a new New Warriors series. Been waiting for one since Justice and Speedball went on their road-trip after Fear Itself.

#3 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (616 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@master_of_suprise: It has been hinted that the Scarlet Spider isn't Kaine because he apparently is going to die in his own series. Too bad:( But then again, Kaine is not a team type.

Personally, I am hyped(!) over the fact that there will soon be a new New Warriors series. Been waiting for one since Justice and Speedball went on their road-trip after Fear Itself.

Well we don't know for sure that it's not Kaine. I think Aracely joins and Kaine just joins to keep an eye on her. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but until we know for sure it's all just speculation.

#4 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

Well we don't know for sure that it's not Kaine. I think Aracely joins and Kaine just joins to keep an eye on her. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but until we know for sure it's all just speculation.

That's pretty much what I hope for myself.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost is writing it, That's like, all the reason I need read it.

#6 Edited by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I haven't read much Yost besides The Fearless and Scarlet Spider. Do you have some recommendations?

#7 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost is writing it, That's like, all the reason I need read it.

dis.

#8 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: His run on Red Robin is top notch. He created X-23, so you can check out her two mini-series by him. His run on X-Force and New X-Men volume 2. He wrote Thor: Dark World and co-wrote X-Men: Evolution, Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes, The Batman, TMNT, Hulk Vs, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow. He wrote a 5-issue series X-Men: Emperor Vulcan.

#10 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: Holy crab, he is the co-writer of one of my favorite animated shows, and I didn't even know!

Thanks for the reco.

#11 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a huge fan of the old stuff, so I'm a little nervous. My only experience with some of these characters were their renditions in the Civil War stuff, which I'm told was contorted to service the plot so eh.

#12 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by HumanRocket (8061 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only picking up the issue because of Kaine

#14 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by HumanRocket (8061 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: ill be a very sad person :( I don't care for this new Nova but I could give the other members of the new warriors a chance.

#16 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: Do you know some of the older New Warriors comics?

#17 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (657 posts) - - Show Bio

shhhhhh everyone quit saying that...if Kaine so happens to die he always gets resurrected pretty quick. Also agree with a few people I think hes there more to lookout for The Hummingbird

#18 Posted by HumanRocket (8061 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@humanrocket: Do you know some of the older New Warriors comics?

Only read the first issue because of the original Nova getting back his powers... wasn't that big on getting the other issues it was okay but not enough for me to invest more time finding the other issues.

#19 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

(Just replying here instead of bumping the other thread.)

I had no context to compare their behavior against, but I found it a reasonable claim considering that Cap and Tony were both mis-characterized as well (IMO). The only sane reaction seemed to be from Luke Cage and then that got tossed out the window and he just joined Cap's crusade.

What really bothered me—even without the context of their behavior—was how Baldwin was thrown under the bus as if Nitro held none of the blame for actually killing all these people. That was a big reason why I couldn't buy into the story.

#20 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11563 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Anytime. Always glad to help!

#21 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone read the New Warriors series after Civil War? Is it good?

#22 Posted by Cyclonus_The_Warrior (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting to me. And Yost has been kicking out some good work over the last few years.

#23 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrgreenlantern said:

shhhhhh everyone quit saying that...if Kaine so happens to die he always gets resurrected pretty quick. Also agree with a few people I think hes there more to lookout for The Hummingbird

Wait, how many times have he died?

#24 Edited by Mrgreenlantern (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: i believe its been 3 times now lol

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be amazing.

#26 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (616 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

@master_of_suprise: Not yet, but my inner 90's Kid shall be set lose two weeks from now:)

#29 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (616 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2:

Just to be clear which 90s? LOL.

#30 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that the Scarlet Spider is Kaine. I was really sad when his solo series got axed. I was hoping that at some point Kaine and X-23 would meet and bond over being clones of well-known and respected heroes (and also having both been written by Yost). I'm not sure about the line-up however. I'll see if the first arc gets good reviews and then tradewait it before I pick up floppies. I am very happy that Aracely isn't being sent into limbo.

#32 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Why some viners think Kaine won't be in the team? I don't get it! Do we have something that indicates Kaine won't be Scarlet Spider? I mean, his comic book getting axed, doesn't really mean he'll die!

#33 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Xwraith (18001 posts) - - Show Bio

I might give it a try.

#35 Edited by samyroc (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I will definitely buy this the day it come out in store. Now that I thinks about it, if it's Kaine in the Scarlet Spider suit that mean the team will have 3 veteran with Justice Speedball and 4 youngs superhero that beging in the business, that it's a pretty well rounded team.

#36 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

@samyroc said:

I will definitely buy this the day it come out in store. Now that I thinks about it, if it's Kaine in the Scarlet Spider suit that mean the team will have 3 veteran with Justice Speedball and 4 youngs superhero that beging in the business, that it's a pretty well rounded team.

Kinda like Devin Graysons Titans

#37 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4795 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan. I don't see Kaine as a team player. I can over look it but... the team themselves don't interest me. I need to see more but for now... not feeling it.

I don't think that this Scar Spider isn't Kaine. If it is someone else then you can totally miss me on this.

( +)

#38 Edited by samyroc (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Actually I thinks it will be interesting to see Kaine interact in this team especially because of the high numbers of kids in it. And lets face it he is probably on this team only to watch on Aracely.

#39 Posted by samyroc (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

Kinda like Devin Graysons Titans

Yep exactly what I had in mind when i was tapping my post.

#40 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4795 posts) - - Show Bio

@samyroc said:

@yung_ancient_one: Actually I thinks it will be interesting to see Kaine interact in this team especially because of the high numbers of kids in it. And lets face it he is probably on this team only to watch on Aracely.

Actually, that makes me want to read it thinking that Kaine is just there to be Aracely's bodyguard.

( +)

#41 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: I'm almost sure now that hes not going to be in the book. Bummer...

#42 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by waezi2 (7492 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: See? Kaine's in the team! Merry christmas. Wonderful present for Kaine fans...

#45 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

This is another book I am really looking forward to. Having Yost penning a group like this in the environment the Marvel Universe at present is exciting.

#46 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be amazing. Till now, every comic book written by Yost is really really good. Red Robin, Scarlet Spider, even Avenging Spider-man&Superior Spider-man team up (despite the fact I don't like SSM). It'll be great.

#47 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (616 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, what do you, guys, think? I can't say I'm thrilled. Kaine was great though...

#49 Posted by comedy_brosUSA (775 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by hayley566 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like this team and this series so far.