Could Mr. Mxyzptlk be Superman's greatest enemy? (video review)

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

Edited By MTHarman

Another video attempt to reach Comicvine’s   3-minute expert, and possibly the most stressful video that I’ve done. Mostly because of how I was pronouncing Mxyzptlk’s name constantly (which wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be), and that the editing constantly caused my computer to crash.

Mister Mxyzptlk is a well respected villain that was once loved and was brought back into comics by popular demand after DC writers requested that their readers to send postcards that stated of wanting more comic appearances from Mr. Mxyzptlk. But that was early 40’s and by now Mxyzptlk is mostly seen as nothing but a sad joke of a Superman villain who went through the worst moment of his long career in the hands of Superboy-Prime and the ridicule of the DC fanbase.  
But is Mxyzptlk truly a much more dangerous villain than his prankish routine? And could he be Superman’s greatest enemy?

Well as much as I like to answer those questions within my video, I decided to leave that answer within Alan Moore’s “Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow”. The one story that actually gave me the motive to make a video of Mxyzptlk and how I see this annoying villain is much more differently than what most modern day comicfans see. (Writing a review over the Two-Part storyline sometime this weekend)

Of course adding something more serious and dangerous to Mxyzptlk’s character does have a new focus on how we currently see other less-respected villains. It’s quite possible that there’s a darker nature within them that would define these less repected villains to be much more dangerous and serious than what we intended them to be. Maybe in the hands of a talented writer, we would be seeing something not only shocking, but something very creative and challenging that should be praise-worthy.

Anyways, here is another addition to my accumulated Youtube collection and I do hope you enjoy the video.  

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

I am saddens that you took the video out. I was planing to show it to someone. He was the character that shows Superman's intelligence. He was the character that you can't rely on usaul methods of overpowering. Well most of the time due to superboy but then again you said he learn the power of lying from Lex. That mean he could be he was just faking it.

Misterkyle91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alan Moore agrees with you

Avatar image for gildardovillarruel
GildardoVillarruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers