#1 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

In the past, Moon Knight has had anywhere from 3 months to 57 months between series (that 57 is from 2001-2006 if anyone's interested), averaging around 19. Now, his last series ended 12 months ago, so when do you think we'll get to see another one? Will it be in 7 months? Or 45?

#2 Posted by longbowhunter (6784 posts) - - Show Bio

It's probably going to be a good long while. Marvel has tried everything possible to keep people interested in that character and he just won't stick. I'd like to see him properly utilized on a good team book. Maybe build up some interest that way. Like what Uncanny X-Force did for Fantomex's popularity.

#3 Posted by CyberWarrior (1450 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

In the past, Moon Knight has had anywhere from 3 months to 57 months between series (that 57 is from 2001-2006 if anyone's interested), averaging around 19. Now, his last series ended 12 months ago, so when do you think we'll get to see another one? Will it be in 7 months? Or 45?

5 years... That was a long while... Hope this break won't be so long. The faster they'l relaunch the title. the faster people will forget the Bendis-run returning to the Vengeance-style.

#4 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be a while, given how bad Bendis's sales were.

#5 Edited by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

5 years... That was a long while...

Yep. It was a dark time for Moon Knight. There was an Ultimate version in USM, but other than that, little more than a few background appearances.

#6 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I see my mission set out before me- I will write your Moon Knight... I will

#7 Posted by CyberWarrior (1450 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be a while, given how bad Bendis's sales were.

I have a bad feeling that you're right...

#8 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be a while for the horrific memory of Bendis' stuff to fade....

Really, I feel like MK is a great character with a lot of potential, but somehow all of his runs run out of steam right after the start....

#9 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

somehow all of his runs run out of steam right after the start....

I think that's because the character is so multifaceted that each writer has a different take on him and some people will like one take but not another.

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@veshark said:

I think that's because the character is so multifaceted that each writer has a different take on him and some people will like one take but not another.

I thought Huston had a great initial take on the character, but it seemed to lose steam by Midnight Sun, and then he was replaced with Benson (though I hear he was still co-plotting). Then there was the Vengeance series which started out alright, but I thought started to lose focus after the first arc with all the guest-stars.

#11 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@danial79 said:

@veshark said:

I thought Huston had a great initial take on the character, but it seemed to lose steam by Midnight Sun, and then he was replaced with Benson (though I hear he was still co-plotting). Then there was the Vengeance series which started out alright, but I thought started to lose focus after the first arc with all the guest-stars.

I wasn't actually a fan of Vengeance. It was another case of changing the character to something he never was. Instead of his crescent darts and truncheon, Hurwitz decided to give him Batman-like gadgetry, which I wasn't a fan of at all. If I wanted that, I'd read Batman :)

As for the post-Huston run, I really enjoyed those. Especially Down South, which I thought was a heap of fun.

#12 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@veshark said:

@danial79 said:

@veshark said:

I wasn't actually a fan of Vengeance. It was another case of changing the character to something he never was. Instead of his crescent darts and truncheon, Hurwitz decided to give him Batman-like gadgetry, which I wasn't a fan of at all. If I wanted that, I'd read Batman :)

As for the post-Huston run, I really enjoyed those. Especially Down South, which I thought was a heap of fun.

Neither was I, but I took it for what it was - a really well-drawn and fun romp. Yeah there are some weird WTF out-of-character moments like Frenchie, Marlene, even Norman Osborn (seriously why would the head of HAMMER even give a crap about a street vigilante?). I can live with all the high-tech gadgetry though, but I wouldn't want him keeping it for long definitely.

To be honest, I haven't got around to reading God & Country and the rest, but the general consensus seems to be that it was 'mediocre'. Not necessarily bad, but not worth the buck either.

#13 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

Yeah, volumes 3 and 4 are pretty average, but I highly recommend Down South. It's set in Mexico and features the Zapata Brothers, who are awesome, as well as Punisher and a character I'd LOVE to see used again named Toltec.

Hmm I might check it out on your recommendation then, Mr. MK Expert ;)

#15 Posted by CyberWarrior (1450 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

Yeah, volumes 3 and 4 are pretty average, but I highly recommend Down South. It's set in Mexico and features the Zapata Brothers, who are awesome, as well as Punisher and a character I'd LOVE to see used again named Toltec.

Wow... Toltec really does look cool. "Down South" you said? I'l keep that in mind...

#16 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

Wow... Toltec really does look cool. "Down South" you said? I'l keep that in mind...

There's a cool article about Toltec on the Marvel website if you're interested. The writer describes him a "a kind of Mexican Punisher, but more a defender of his people." I really wish someone else would utilise the character.

#17 Posted by CyberWarrior (1450 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

@danial79 said:

There's a cool article about Toltec on the Marvel website if you're interested. The writer describes him a "a kind of Mexican Punisher, but more a defender of his people." I really wish someone else would utilise the character.

Well, I've bought his issue, time to find out a bit more of him...

#18 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Love moon knight hopefully soon

#19 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

So, what do you think?

#20 Edited by CyberWarrior (1450 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

So, what do you think?

He sure has got a style :) Too bad MK haven't encountered Toltec in a fight, but I liked the issue anyway.