The Final five Marc Spector Moon knight issues.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By foolkiller1

The ones drawn by Stephen Platt, I've heard a user on here call them rare and hard to find. I've also read on Wikipedia the Platt got a career boost based on the strength of those issues.

My question is how much did those final five issues sell? Did sell low enough to be cancelled, or was is just a casualty of the mid-90s comic decline?

ClutchWarfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ClutchWarfare

I think they are rare because of the lower print run that the series was forced into at the time. The Marc Spector: MK title was not selling so in a last ditch effort Marvel printed less copies and put a fresh new artist on the last few issues. Platt got a lot of buzz and was snatched up to work for Rob Liefeld at Image Comics. If there were an equal amount of copies printed for 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 and 60 the price/availability would probably be the same as the first 54 issues. If Platt didnt get scooped up by Image, the MS:MK run might have made it to 100 issues.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

Ebay

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DanialCarroll

I'd say is on the money, though I doubt Platt's art alone would have suspended its cancellation for another 40 issues. Kavanagh's tale of bloodlines and demons was a pretty big departure from what the series/character had been before, and personally, I think that's what would have killed it.

foolkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By foolkiller1

@Danial79: You know, I like the idea of Seth the Immortal in theory if his motivations were different. He could easily be Moon knight's Dr. Doom.

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

In my humble opinion as an ardent Moon Knight fan, I felt that Kavanagh absolutely butchered this series. It was pretty good under Dixon and DeMatteis...then when Kavanagh took over it took a nosedive.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DanialCarroll

@jsh92 said:

In my humble opinion as an ardent Moon Knight fan, I felt that Kavanagh absolutely butchered this series. It was pretty good under Dixon and DeMatteis...then when Kavanagh took over it took a nosedive.

Glad someone agrees with me :)

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Dreadmaster

@danial79 said:

@jsh92 said:

Glad someone agrees with me :)

I think anybody who's read that series will agree with you.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers