#1 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Believe it or not, He might *GASP* actually have a role in this. Here's a preview art piece by Bryan Hitch

#2 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Another preview

#3 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that he's not bothering with crescent darts and has gone for the M16 instead :)

#4 Edited by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

I love that he's not bothering with crescent darts and has gone for the M16 instead :)

They are now say that the bendis moon knight run was a precursor to age of ultron. So we might not see much of a change from that to this.

#5 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

WOO Moonie!!!!

#6 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@foolkiller1 That makes sense, but it's also unfortunate. I was hoping Bendis' run would be forgotten about as soon as it ended.
#7 Posted by xlizen (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Well with that preview art posted, I do not see Moon Knight with any CaptainIronSpiderine gadgets so maybe that's a good thing. I am looking forward to see him come back and hopefully this will mean that Moonie will get another shot at a comic series, although I am guessing he will play a small role and just appear in the background and maybe ... just maybe get or appear in some of the minis.

#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (36410 posts) - - Show Bio

Funk YES!

Staff
#9 Posted by ClutchWarfare (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, there hasn't been an MK appearance for his fanboys to complain about for a few months. This should hold you all over until the next cancellation. For those of you who don't feel like scrolling through the thread ill sum it up for you: I love MK but Bendis... I'm a big MK fan but Marvel... I hate how they're handling this.... He looks like Batman.... I have every issue he has ever been in but I hate every one except the Monch run... Bendis is ruining my favorite.... Im a fan but they should cancel this run because.... You get the point.

#10 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClutchWarfare: You mean, there are posters on here who DEFEND their favorite character? SHOCKING!!

#11 Posted by TheReaper111 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClutchWarfare: sounds like when people talk about the new 52...

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see him in the evnt.

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClutchWarfare said:

Great, there hasn't been an MK appearance for his fanboys to complain about for a few months. This should hold you all over until the next cancellation. For those of you who don't feel like scrolling through the thread ill sum it up for you: I love MK but Bendis... I'm a big MK fan but Marvel... I hate how they're handling this.... He looks like Batman.... I have every issue he has ever been in but I hate every one except the Monch run... Bendis is ruining my favorite.... Im a fan but they should cancel this run because.... You get the point.

Complaining about people angry that one of their favorites is being written out of character.

Super edgy.

12+ internet points.

#14 Posted by ScrubbedOut (35 posts) - - Show Bio
@ClutchWarfare said:
I learned about Moon Knight from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I took an immediate liking to his character and bought what I could for comics. Which was the Bendis run Vol 1 + 2 of Collected Editions. I have a lot more MK books now, but I really like the approach Bendis took and that's why it remains my favorite of all the MK stuff I've read so far.
#15 Posted by Cap10nate (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

. . . I enjoyed the Moon Knight run by Bendis.

#16 Posted by ClutchWarfare (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

Writing hack fan fiction: 13+ internet points (you win).

#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClutchWarfare: Thanks, I try. I bet you fapped to it. 14+ internet points for trying to troll hardcore. (I realize you can't count either, which means you win.)

#18 Posted by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@ScrubbedOut said:

@ClutchWarfare said:
I learned about Moon Knight from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I took an immediate liking to his character and bought what I could for comics. Which was the Bendis run Vol 1 + 2 of Collected Editions. I have a lot more MK books now, but I really like the approach Bendis took and that's why it remains my favorite of all the MK stuff I've read so far.

Marvel ultimate alliance is also how I got into moon knight, but I REALLY hate the bendis run of the character.

#19 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@ScrubbedOut said:

@ClutchWarfare said:

It seems people's favourites are where they start. I started on Huston's 2006 run, and even though I've read MK's entire backlog now, I still consider it the best of the best :)

#20 Posted by ClutchWarfare (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: I agree, your jumping on point is usually a sweet spot for

introducing you to a character. I think that was Marvels theory for putting Bendis

on the book. Even if MK’s cult following hates the story, the name recognition

that Bendis generates will get a lot of new readers to jump on. Hopefully the

newbies do some research and find a few gems from the past. Controversial

talent peaks interest and characters branch out from there.

#21 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

He showed up in today's issue. Pretty sweet to see him up and about fighting the good fight.

#22 Posted by CyberWarrior (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

I so hope he'l have a big role in this event !

#23 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished #2 and it certainly feels like the Marc Spector I remember. Here's hoping his Avengers cosplaying days are over :)

#24 Posted by ScrubbedOut (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

Just finished #2 and it certainly feels like the Marc Spector I remember. Here's hoping his Avengers cosplaying days are over :)

Just finished #2 as well. The Moon Knight appearance was probably the highlight of the issue for me. Cool scene was cool. Definitely confused about something in it! Not going to ask it out here because of spoilers. Maybe you could answer it for me in PM if you have the time?

#25 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@ScrubbedOut said:

@Danial79 said:

Just finished #2 as well. The Moon Knight appearance was probably the highlight of the issue for me. Cool scene was cool. Definitely confused about something in it! Not going to ask it out here because of spoilers. Maybe you could answer it for me in PM if you have the time?

Go for it. You can always use spoiler blackout to hide any spoilery questions :)

#26 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

. . . I enjoyed the Moon Knight run by Bendis.

#27 Posted by ScrubbedOut (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

@ScrubbedOut said:

@Danial79 said:

Go for it. You can always use spoiler blackout to hide any spoilery questions :)

Alright, lets give this a go..

Okay. Basically it says that before this all happened Natalia and Marc were running an OP together.. This was confusing to me because I thought he was never a part or affiliated with SHIELD.. am I wrong?

#28 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@ScrubbedOut said:

Okay. Basically it says that before this all happened Natalia and Marc were running an OP together.. This was confusing to me because I thought he was never a part or affiliated with SHIELD.. am I wrong?

Yeah, that was weird, and the only thing I can think is that this was written back when Moon Knight and Black Widow were both on Secret Avengers. That could also explain why Spider-Man sounds like Peter and not Ock.

#29 Posted by ScrubbedOut (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

@ScrubbedOut said:

Yeah, that was weird, and the only thing I can think is that this was written back when Moon Knight and Black Widow were both on Secret Avengers. That could also explain why Spider-Man sounds like Peter and not Ock.

Oh okay. Haha kinda threw me off.

#30 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

@ScrubbedOut said:

If it helps any, this event was pushed back like two years and was being written around the time Bendis was still writing Moonie. So that may answer your questions about the time distortion.

#31 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadmaster said:

@Danial79 said:

@ScrubbedOut said:

If it helps any, this event was pushed back like two years and was being written around the time Bendis was still writing Moonie. So that may answer your questions about the time distortion.

Sounds about right. Moon Knight was last seen in Secret Avengers in January last year, and Bendis' Moon Knight ended in April, so the two time-frames roughly match up. It's been over a year since then, however, so you'd think they would have at least updated the dialogue to make it current. So much for being "Now".

#32 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

@dreadmaster said:

@Danial79 said:

@ScrubbedOut said:

Sounds about right. Moon Knight was last seen in Secret Avengers in January last year, and Bendis' Moon Knight ended in April, so the two time-frames roughly match up. It's been over a year since then, however, so you'd think they would have at least updated the dialogue to make it current. So much for being "Now".

I think when Bendis saw all the changes that was going around and realized his story wasn't going to be put out in time, he just decided to roll with it and maybe tie it up at the end with half-assed reason or something.

#33 Posted by CyberWarrior (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79 said:

Moon Knight is alive ! Horay !

#34 Edited by dscythe (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: I agree, your jumping on point is usually a sweet spot for

introducing you to a character. I think that was Marvels theory for putting Bendis

on the book. Even if MK’s cult following hates the story, the name recognition

that Bendis generates will get a lot of new readers to jump on. Hopefully the

newbies do some research and find a few gems from the past. Controversial

talent peaks interest and characters branch out from there.

this is true to an extent for me, as the first moon knight comics i bought were......the fist of khonshu. Second was the bottom though and i loved that one

#35 Edited by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@dscythe said:

this is true to an extent for me, as the first moon knight comics i bought were......the fist of khonshu. Second was the bottom though and i loved that one

Fist of Khonshu is quite the odd-ball. Even though it appears to be a mini-series, with the first 4 issues being written by one writer and then the last two by two different writers, it feels more like a failed on-going to me. It would be interesting to ask Dennis O'Neil what happened.

#36 Edited by foolkiller1 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79: Has moon knight done anything since issue 2? I blew all my money on injustice, so I can't afford the series.

#37 Edited by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79: Has moon knight done anything since issue 2? I blew all my money on injustice, so I can't afford the series.

Nope. He's been seen in other issues, but hasn't actually done anything. He's barely even spoken that I can recall.

#38 Posted by CyberWarrior (1445 posts) - - Show Bio
@danial79 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

Nope. He's been seen in other issues, but hasn't actually done anything. He's barely even spoken that I can recall.

Yeah. And I was so happy to seen MK... bastards. All he did is shot some idiot.

#39 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

Me too, especially since Bendis teased that Moon Knight would play an integral role in the event. There hasn't even been a mention of the Ultron head he found in his latest series.

#40 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, makes me sad that MK doesn't have a major role in AoU...and I was planning to pick this up in trade....

#41 Edited by CyberWarrior (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:
@danial79 said:

@foolkiller1 said:

Me too, especially since Bendis teased that Moon Knight would play an integral role in the event. There hasn't even been a mention of the Ultron head he found in his latest series.

As if it never hapened...

#42 Edited by ScrubbedOut (35 posts) - - Show Bio

This run was - OKAY. Not enough Moon Knight. :(

#43 Posted by CyberWarrior (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a miracle that his name was on the last page!

#44 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@scrubbedout said:

I didn't even notice that it was.

#45 Posted by CyberWarrior (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior said:

@scrubbedout said:

I didn't even notice that it was.

I mean this if what.

#46 Posted by Danial79 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior: Oh, yeah, I do remember that. I thought you meant he was mentioned in dialogue :)

#47 Posted by CyberWarrior (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@danial79 said:

@cyberwarrior: Oh, yeah, I do remember that. I thought you meant he was mentioned in dialogue :)

Nah. That never happened.