User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Really? No one is interested in talking about this?

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a GL villain now?

Where's his Sinestro Corp ring? Is it still with him?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

Man, f*ck that noise. Mongul is a Superman villain, not a Green Lantern villain.

Also, on a mildly unrelated note: Doomsday looks hilarious.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trebean said:

He's a GL villain now?

Where's his Sinestro Corp ring? Is it still with him?

He's been a GL villain for years now (since about the sinestro corps war). He lost his Sinestro ring when he fought Sinestro for control of the Corps and Sinestro had a secret fail safe built in to all rings to ensure that type of thing didnt happen so Mongul lost and was chained to the bottom of the Sinestro Corps Power Battery. He was free when the power battery was destroyed (i believe by the Red Lanterns). There were some issues i had with everything that happened.

First As soon as Mongul got a Sinestro Corps ring he sat on an abandoned planet and had the ring explain all its abilities to him as a true warrior would study and practice with a new weapon so the fact he didnt know about the fail safe seems like poor writing to me but it was a good fight to read.

Second as soon as he was freed from the power battery their were dead lanterns all around, why didnt he come back with another sinestro corps ring or multiples like he used to have or even end up with a red lantern ring with all his rage?

Then the one question i have now is now that he is back why is his chest and head gear glowing green rather than yellow like they used too?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Why am I just finding out about this know.

I'm not really digging his new look. I'll just have to read the book.

@degraaf: Are you saying he appeared before this. You wouldn't happen to have any scans would you. And do you have anymore knowledge on whats going to happen because his return can either be really awesome or done very horribly.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you mean did he appear before? Like before the pic i posted? We haven't seen him in years really

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WarlordEternal

@degraaf: I'm just a little confused by what you are saying. I do know that he made an appearance in the New 52 when the yellow battery was shut down. you can see him chained up as Hal and Sinestro carry away the yellow lanterns.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Um, guys? Wasn't he a Yellow Lantern before the New 52? That was probably erased from the new timeline!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Man, f*ck that noise. Mongul is a Superman villain, not a Green Lantern villain.

he was a Superman villain. but now he's a GL villain. cheer up though, Supes has......Hector Hammond.....now.......

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@smashbrawler said:

he was a Superman villain. but now he's a GL villain. cheer up though, Supes has......Hector Hammond.....now.......

No, not Hector Hammond... MINDSTORM. What's Mongul compared to the awesomeness of MINDSTORM? Yeah, this is certainly the best villain trade ever conceived!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SandMan_

WTF is he doing in GL? This guy was created with all the intentions to give Superman a physical challenge that ain't Darkseid.

But it can't be helped. Hammond is on Superman and so is Cyborg. An eye for an eye.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@sandman_ said:

WTF is he doing in GL? This guy was created with all the intentions to give Superman a physical challenge that ain't Darkseid.

But it can't be helped. Hammond is on Superman and so is Cyborg. An eye for an eye.

exactly. now that Hal and the other Earth GL's are primarily space based, Hal doesnt have the time to fight Hector anymore, and instead of letting him go to waste, he can go n to shine as a member of the most iconic superhero in history's rogues gallery. and lets be honest, Mongul makes more sense as a Hal villain. the dudes family wiped out Hal's entire hometown which resulted in the the worst pain Hal's ever endured. on top of that, Hal is the "top cop" of the universe, so Mongul would be on his list anyway.

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@smashbrawler said:

No, not Hector Hammond... MINDSTORM. What's Mongul compared to the awesomeness of MINDSTORM? Yeah, this is certainly the best villain trade ever conceived!

there ya go, think positive!!!!

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

exactly. now that Hal and the other Earth GL's are primarily space based, Hal doesnt have the time to fight Hector anymore, and instead of letting him go to waste, he can go n to shine as a member of the most iconic superhero in history's rogues gallery. and lets be honest, Mongul makes more sense as a Hal villain. the dudes family wiped out Hal's entire hometown which resulted in the the worst pain Hal's ever endured. on top of that, Hal is the "top cop" of the universe, so Mongul would be on his list anyway.

Yeah but you have to understand where they are coming from. Mongul was created specifically to challenge Superman. To be his physical superior. Being a GL villain is cool but Superman was his most hated enemy.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell is sinestro doing beimg a villian again!? Did this new writer FORGET all his developmemt under johms?! Sinedtro too good for this