• 147 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

This isn't too much of a surprise, Miles Morales is coming to the "relaunched" Marvel Universe after Secret Wars. We know it's not exactly a traditional reboot but there will be some changes. Miles has also been seen in the Marvel Free Comic Book Day issue with the Avengers in what appeared to be the traditional 616 universe. But what does this mean for Miles and his solo book?

No Caption Provided

According to the New York Daily News, there will be a relaunched SPIDER-MAN series featuring Miles. The series will be written by Brian Michael Bendis and drawn by Sara Pichelli.

Bendis was quoted as saying the following:

"Our message has to be it’s not Spider-Man with an asterisk, it’s the real Spider-Man for kids of color, for adults of color and everybody else."

What isn't clear is what this means for Peter Parker. We can assume we'll still have an "Amazing" Spider-Man series. But how will the two web-slingers decide on who gets to use the "Spider-Man" name? We did see a regular Spider-Man seen in the All-New, All-Different Marvel images with some minor tweaks to his costume. We'll have to stay tuned to find out what's in store for Peter.

Update

Cover and some more information.

No Caption Provided

A stranger in a strange land, Miles patrols the rooftops of a New York City that is very different from the one he knew. A world where countless heroes guard it’s skies and streets. A world where Miles is counted among the ranks of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the Avengers. A world where Peter Parker is still alive. Though their paths have crossed before the landmark series Spider-Men, with Miles now living in Peter’s universe – is this town big enough for two Spider-Men? More importantly – how did Miles come to be here in the first place?!

“This is a very big deal to [Sarah and I],” says Brian Michael Bendis in an interview with Marvel.com. “For [Miles] to have grown up and flat-out earned his place in the Marvel Universe, as Spider-Man, is frankly so much more than we could have hoped for when we first sat down to design him and his life. When it became clear that I was going to follow Miles into this new adventure I was really hoping that Sara would see the value in it being both of us that do this together. I was thrilled that she agreed immediately.”

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ok

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By Teerack

Cool I guess. Both Peter and Miles will probably go by Spider-Man since that's already what him and Miguel are doing. We got two Thors, two Hawkeyes, like five Hulks it's all good.

I really hope this gives us some follow up on the end of Spider-Men.

iSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

bendis

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can already see how Bendis' statement is going to irk some people. Black people can like Peter Parker just as much as they can like Miles Morales and vice versa. The insinuation that we, people of color, need this is troubling as it implies that that was the sole purpose for Miles' creation. Oh well, I buy it if it's good.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles Morales as Spiderman seems to be when Bendis is at his best and cares the most.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By BR_Havoc

I'm perfectly fine with this happening I kind of like the idea of Peter having his book where he could be you know an adult and then Miles having the book of him being the younger hero.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Yeah, I'm probably on board for this

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome! I love Miles Morales, and I'm super excited to know he is getting his own solo book in the new universe. At first I thought he was only going to be apart of the All New, All Different Avengers, but now that I know he's going to be having his own adventure too makes it even better. On top of that, it's Brian Michael Bendis still on the character? Hell yeah!

I fell in love with the entire cast of Miles' book and was really upset to know they were possibly going to be gone for good, but now this opens up possibilities. If anything, I'm just hoping to see Ganke again. His friendship with Miles was golden, and he was a really strong supporting character. Other than him, I really liked Bombshell a lot, she was a really cool character. Now I have to go back and reread all of Miles' Ultimate Spider-Man again!

On a side note, I really don't see the problem with having two people swinging around by the name of Spider-Man. I think it just goes to show Peter entrusts Miles with the title. I mean, both Peter Parkers told Miles he can be Spider-Man, I don't know what more people want, haha.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kalorama

But how will the two web-slingers decide on who gets to use the "Spider-Man" name?

What's to decide? There have been multiple Yellowjackets, Giant-Men, Goliaths, Human Torches, Thors, and Spider-Girls. At one point there were 3 or 4 different Ant-Men crawling around. Two Spider-Men isn't a big deal.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

I'm perfectly fine with this happening I kind of like the idea of Peter having his book where he could be you know an adult and then Miles having the book of him being the younger hero.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

2 rocket raccoons and 2 deadpools would be sick!

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By staypuffed

Cool!

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Yay! Hopefully we'll get the long-awaited "Spider-Men 2" as well as part of the relaunch. We do know that Peter will still be in universe and will probably be written by Dan Slott (most-defiantly, he has too many hang plot threads to be left). Maybe it might be an event crossover between the two books co-written by Bendis and Slott.

Also - This is awesome news.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sara Pichelli?! Who care who's writing, take my money!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Since Marvel is probably going to want to stray from the "ultimate" moniker of it's transitioning Earth-1610 characters, I have a feeling Miles' book will be called "All New, All Different Spider-Man" while Peter's book will be "the Amazing Spider-Man" which I have absolutely no problem with. Hopefully Marvel will let Miles be the single kid whose life is messed up and can have Peter finally grow up again.

BradWilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really know why, but I want a squad of spider-persons just spideying it up around New York. I want to see the Sinister Six fight a group of Spideys.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the New York Daily News article states that Peter Parker will serve as a mentor to Miles Morales in the series which makes sense

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

So is miles gonna be Spider BOy from now on?

~MiB

Pepsi_Plunge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pepsi_Plunge

I like this, I like Miles but the whole we are doing a Spiderman for kids and adults of colour, EVERYONE likes Peter, people of colour can't like Peter? just say its a new spiderman, those freaking tag don't need to be used but its good that they show that they admit are catering to the SJW and extreme feminist out there, regardless I'm looking forward to this and I hope Peter gets some attention aswell.

Frankly make a "Spiderman family" book with a team, they could battle the Inheritors, Sinister Six and other villains together.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i'm gonna add this too my pull list.

mikey776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good to me

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It will be interesting to see Peter mentor Miles but I hope that he gets his own book as well. It would be a shame if Peter, the original Spider-Man, does not get his own book.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stupid.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can both be Spider-Man.

It worked for Ollie and Connor with Green Arrow. And Jay and Wally with The Flash.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

" What isn't clear is what this means for Peter Parker. We can assume we'll still have an "Amazing" Spider-Man series. But how will the two web-slingers decide on who gets to use the "Spider-Man" name?"

comment bait

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It worked for Ollie and Connor with Green Arrow. And Jay and Wally with The Flash.

this guy wins the comicvine

cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#29  Edited By cerial442

I wouldn't be surprised if one stays in New York, and the other one in a different city. They could still do crossovers if need be.

Also the statement from Bendis seems that it is trying to create controversy, similar to Thor. In fact it's almost word for word what Aaron said about the new Thor. But they are not replacing Peter Parker.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

All of those were handled by a better editorial team. I don't think Marvel will manage to pull that off with Miles and Peter.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31  Edited By PunyParker

Ok.Good for him.

And people really think that Peter's out of the picture because Miles got a book!?
Seriously, now....

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

On a side note, I really don't see the problem with having two people swinging around by the name of Spider-Man. I think it just goes to show Peter entrusts Miles with the title. I mean, both Peter Parkers told Miles he can be Spider-Man, I don't know what more people want, haha.

And it will be fun to see them interract.
Miles, and whoever Peter Parker, Ultimate or 616, will be the red and blue Spidey post Secret Wars.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seriously... what happened to this http://www.comicvine.com/articles/bendis-confirms-spider-men-sequel/1100-145923/

Is this never happening?? Since Ultimate Universe is dead and all that...

Comichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sara Pichelli?! Who care who's writing, take my money!

THANK YOU. Sara Pichelli!! 'Nuff said.

Chaosfreak11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wish Thor was a dude... and that Steve Rogers was not an old turd.

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with whoever said they wanted a Spiderman team. LOVE some of the characters from Spiderverse, they should stick around to some capacity. Plus as a writer/artist who would pass up the chance to make a new Spiderman or two once in awhile?

~KL~

jamalnutrition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome.

Miles Morales is my favorite Marvel character.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is ridiculous. Just give Miles a different name. Post secret wars is a perfect time to do so.

Spider-man should be for everyone. There doesn't need to be a "black" Spider-man. That sounds like serious pandering in a place it shouldn't be.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I don't like that they'll both be called Spider-Man. Two heroes shouldn't share the same name at the same time.

What if they're both in the same room, and some one calls him?

"Hey! Spider-Man! No, not you, black Spider-Man!"

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he should be a different spider character, not Spider-Man. There's only one Spider-Man...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rpgesus
mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles is better then Peter.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im sure we'll definetly keep peter, due to the previous images that marvel showed everyone.

Enough about miles what about Miguel ?? I need spider 2099 back already.

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LordRyus

Now, just let Renew Your Vows continue but with 616 Peter Parker and family instead of that alt universe Peter.

Have him be a dad and husband, a scientist/ceo, a mentor to Miles and part-time Spider-Man. That way we can finally get the character he was developing into that his fans have wanted for decades, while Miles can run around as the Teen Spider Marvel so desperately wants. Win/Win.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tx12100

Amazing Spider Man Vol. 3 Will Probably Be For Peter.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

1. I'm looking forward to this. There are few Marvel series out in the ether that Bendis can tackle with both subtlety and finesse, and Ultimate Spider-Man is one of them.

2. As a black man, Bendis' statement irked me a little. The reason you pursue Miles shouldn't be to serve as an inspiration to people of color. The whole point behind that thought should be to break down racial barriers, not accentuate them. I'll admit, it's good to push superheroes that aren't pasty white to the forefront, but in a world where that's not being done as effectively as it could be done, his words carry little weight. Consider Static, an amazing young black character who was hugely popular at a certain point, and could have been DC's answer to Spider-Man had they placed some better writers on his books after his creator's untimely death. Instead, he's become little more than an afterthought, along with some of the many good superheroes DC has left by the wayside. Marvel is little better, considering what they've done to Gravity and Wonder Man, but I digress.

Maybe it's just that he should have worded it better? Or maybe he knew what he was saying but sticks by it? Whatever his reasoning for saying it, he should have considered what exactly he was getting involved in before he said it.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: @child_of_the_past:"Our message has to be it’s not Spider-Man with an asterisk, it’s the real Spider-Man for kids of color, for adults of color and everybody else."

You two kind of missed that part. Sure he emphasized people of color, but he made sure to mention that it was not just for them, but EVERYBODY else.

I'm rather curious if they'll ever address the other Miles Morales, the one in 616 that Peter Parker tried to look up at the end of Spider-men.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordryus said:

Now, just let Renew Your Vows continue but with 616 Peter Parker and family instead of that alt universe Peter.

Have him be a dad and husbanx, a scientist/ceo, a mentor to Miles and part-time Spider-Man. That way we can finally get the character he was developing into that his fans have wanted for decades, while Miles can run around as the Teen Spider Marvel so desperately wants. Win/Win.

Exactly.

Although this kinda reminds me of Miles' thoughts when remembering Ultimate Peter in the 200# issue and how things would've been if Peter was alive and they would team up. Lots of possibilities.