• 104 results
#51 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterz173 said:

They should bring back Peter Parker as Ultimate Spider-Man. It's just not right someone else being Spider-Man! Clark Kent will always be Superman, Bruce Wayne will always be Batman, and Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man! It doesn't mean that this new guy has to quit; they've had two Spider-Mans at once (Ben Reily as the Scarlet Spider). He can even go by a different name like "The Spider", "Dark Spider", or "Black Spider". Peter Parker could even mentor him. Just bring Peter Parker back as Spider-Man!

Dark spider or black spider didn't sound racist at all -_-. I really don't see the problem, he's in 4-5 books in 616 and people cry so much and complain to the bone that he's not spider-man in the ultimate universe. People haven't even given Miles a chance, shame.

@feargalr said:

Peter Parker's death is exactly the reason I love Ultimate Marvel, like 616 is great but lets face it, everyone is immortal and everything is reversed, sometimes very quickly and Ultimate Marvel has consequences to actions which is great and incredible refreshing this comic book reader thinks.

Look at the simpsons... that was great, until it kept going and going and going and now its terrible. Sometimes things should end on a high before they get stale. Take Battlestar Galactica, i fraking love that show, did I want it to end? Of course not, but I wouldn't want it to continue at the expense of quality either

I agree with you completely, I love that when you die in the ultimate universe you stay dead, its way more interesting that way. Its a great getaway from 616.

#52 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@WeaponX619 said:

@misterz173 said:

They should bring back Peter Parker as Ultimate Spider-Man. It's just not right someone else being Spider-Man! Clark Kent will always be Superman, Bruce Wayne will always be Batman, and Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man! It doesn't mean that this new guy has to quit; they've had two Spider-Mans at once (Ben Reily as the Scarlet Spider). He can even go by a different name like "The Spider", "Dark Spider", or "Black Spider". Peter Parker could even mentor him. Just bring Peter Parker back as Spider-Man!

Dark spider or black spider didn't sound racist at all -_-. I really don't see the problem, he's in 4-5 books in 616 and people cry so much and complain to the bone that he's not spider-man in the ultimate universe. People haven't even given Miles a chance, shame.

@feargalr said:

Peter Parker's death is exactly the reason I love Ultimate Marvel, like 616 is great but lets face it, everyone is immortal and everything is reversed, sometimes very quickly and Ultimate Marvel has consequences to actions which is great and incredible refreshing this comic book reader thinks.

Look at the simpsons... that was great, until it kept going and going and going and now its terrible. Sometimes things should end on a high before they get stale. Take Battlestar Galactica, i fraking love that show, did I want it to end? Of course not, but I wouldn't want it to continue at the expense of quality either

I agree with you completely, I love that when you die in the ultimate universe you stay dead, its way more interesting that way. Its a great getaway from 616.

i glad that miles morales is spider-man, peter parker will always be my favorite. but i think of as a legacy for super-heroes like terry Mcginnis and bruce wayne.

#53 Posted by WeaponX619 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01: I completely agree with you perfect example (btw I love batman beyond), I love peter parker as spider-man but change is good sometimes, some people won't agree. I mean Wolverine isn't alive in the ultimate universe but he son took his place and I'm fine with that, people have to be more open minded

#54 Posted by HellbaneDV (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The difference with those alternates characters who took up the mantle. Your Dick Graysons, Ben Reiley, Bucky Barnes and the like is a simple one. The fact that they've all been well established characters long before they took up the roles of their mentors. Except Ben Reiley, I count nothing from the clone saga *shudders*.

Clearly, I'm no fan of Miles Morales. I felt the character was forced into continuity, and forced onto the fan base. Yes, I'm sure some of you folks who want to show that you're on the high ground by saying that I'm being close minded. However, when you've spent years with a character that you've enjoyed for a long time. With a supporting cast that you've come to love and all that. Then all the sudden that's taken away, and some random nobody is shoved in it's place as a replacement. I would hope that folks would understand why that would upset most people. That would be like watching your favorite tv series of 7 or 8 years, then in the middle of the season, the main character is killed for no real reason, and replaced by some random dude with no real connection to....anything.

I've chosen not to read any of the current Ultimate Spider-man series for these very same reasons. If I don't like it, then don't read it, right? I can only hope that the series tanks, and maybe they bring back Peter. I probably wouldn't be so irritated with Miles if he was an actual supporting character during Peter's time. But Marvel tried to force a character on me, and I want nothing to do with Miles. To his fans...enjoy I guess.

#55 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

^ well...theres always avenging spider-man and amazing spider-man...and spider-man adventures ( i believe)...so Peter Parker is still around.

But yes i know what you mean

#56 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@HellbaneDV: You... DO realize that every other Spider-man book that is about Spider-man is about Peter Parker, right?

(I say "about Spider-man" because I guess you could call Venom or Scarlet Spider "Spider-man books").

#57 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I think of it like this:

Ultimate Peter Parker is not Peter Parker.

That's just how it is. Peter Parker is in the 616, Ultimate is in the 1610.

Miles taking over for Ultimate Peter is fine.

Ultimate should be about doing things different. It's why the Ultimate universe was so different and, well...good early on.

To those who are gung-ho Peter Parker fans, I ... I don't get it. Why do you care? This isn't even the real one! It's an alternate universe!

--

EDIT: I've b*tched about Ultimate "Symbiotes" and how I'm not a fan of them before, so I know where you're coming from. I'm just saying, you still have the regular Pete.

#58 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not opposed to someone else being Spider-man but I think they did the whole Miles character wrong.

He's 13 which means they won't be able to give him any real love interest without it being creepy it also makes him hard to relate to. No 13 year old is going to stay and fight if he starts getting hurt and he should also be manipulated by older villains easily. In my opinion this was a very bad choice of character. They should have made the Scorpion clone Spider-man or they could have brought in an Ultimate version of Ezekiel. They still could ressurect Peter, (doubtful but possible) they have the option of using "the other" story arc in the Ultimate universe to bring him back.

#59 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank goodness Ultimate Peter Parker is dead. That is all.

#60 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis: I'm right there with you about Wanda. I've always thought Pietro was cool. Now? I think less of him every single time. I'm just hoping Nick Spencer will say that none of that never happened.

#61 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur1528: That whole Wanda/Pietro thing was creepy!

#62 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Dude, my buddy has been reading my copies of Ultimate Comics X-Men and when he finally saw Wanda in issue 7 he made a remark of "whoa she's nothing but boobs" and this was at the end of the day (or the beginning of another depending on your view) so I had been laughing and joking all day which is why I quickly shot off "hell yeah why you think Quicksilver got with that." I said that laughing and he looked at me puzzled and slowly replied, "...but they're brother and sister..." I was surprised he knew nothing of this so I asked him, "Wanna hear something f****d up?" He nods his head in agreement and I refer him to Google. He ends up finding a Top Ten Creepiest Moments in Comics list that also lists the whole Comet and Supergirl thing. I wait for him to finish the paragraph before I say, "Yeah that happened."

#63 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur1528: Haha I imagine his face was priceless.

#64 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I'm pretty sure I instantly shattered his view on Pietro. It kinda makes me feel bad because the dude was digging the character. Oh well :) He was bound to find out at some point. Talk about a ticking time bomb.

#65 Posted by nonamexg18 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new stories, I even like Miles Morales himself, he's an amazing character (but I'm a little disappointed that they chose to make him Black and Hispanic, I was kind of hoping for an Asian Spider-man since I'm Filipino and there are so few Asian superheroes in western comics) and the series is still well written...but even with USM #160 and Ultimate Fallout...I feel that Peter Parker's "Hero's Journey" was left a little incomplete (look up Joseph Campbell's Mytharc to get what I'm saying). Plus, USM was also great due to the story arcs about the supporting cast and I feel that NONE of the supporting cast (Especially Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy and Aunt May) got a real punctuation to their own developments/journeys/stories or even a sense of closure. Peter died, but again it doesn't seem like there was much closure to the saga Bendis laid out when he began USM. I played out like this: Peter dies, but the story continues with another character and a new supporting cast. It SHOULD have played out like this: Peter dies, bringing an end to the story allowing a NEW saga to begin. As I said, my primary issue was the handling of the loose threads in Peter's saga in USM (will they ever truly punish Norman Osborn? Why wasn't Peter and Eddie Brock's "relationship ever brought full circle? Is Mary Jane still affected by OZ since the cure doesn't always work properly? Was Gwen ever in love with Peter? Will Flash Thompson ever NOT be an Asshole? The list goes on...) and ESPECIALLY the treatment of side stories of the supporting cast members. The Death of Spider-Man arc had the potential to do something few mainstream superhero comics do: provide a complete account of a hero's life and journey with a proper beginning, middle and ending.Instead, they missed the opportunity. I hope they at least treat Miles Morales better on the finale/ending front in the future. It would feel like a cop-out if Peter came back though unless they handled it similarly to Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder's Batman, with multiple characters carrying the same mantle at once.

#66 Posted by Pazuzu (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I'd rather not. The whole arc before Pete's death was rather meh, Honestly the Idea of supers living in his house and struggling with a shitty job was bad.

Plus I like Miles. He IS the new spider-man, he even feels the same about being spider-man as peter did.

#67 Posted by Funkypanda123 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah they should just clone him and hes spiderman and miles changes his costume and is scarlt spider

#68 Posted by _Urban_Legend_ (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Only thing I dislike about the comic is that spider woman is Peter's clone. She better not be his girl later.

#69 Posted by PaperDemon (606 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@NightFang said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Duo_forbidden said:

Yeah.....no. I rather see what Miles is capable of before I make my judgement on if Peter should come back or not.
#70 Edited by PunyParker (9402 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Urban_Legend_ said:

Only thing I dislike about the comic is that spider woman is Peter's clone. She better not be his girl later.

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!

PS I havent read a single ish of ultimate since Peter died....(ok,except Spider-Men...awesome...) and i really hope they bring him back just a relief to fans....cause 616 is dead now....

#71 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

peter needs to be spidey but miles is awesome and i think miles should stay spidey in the ultimate universe but i dont think this doc ock spiderman thing will last very long i give it a year before spidey is back to his former glory

plus i would love to see another spider-men team up, that was amazing

#72 Posted by PunyParker (9402 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be great.....616 is dead so i would start reading immidietly.....C'MON BENDIS!!

#73 Posted by Darman456 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Peter. I want him back. But Miles deserves a place in the UU. Peter, I think, can come back the same way Gwen did (via clone). Peter's last remaining Scorpion Clone can be "fixed" by Nick Fury (as seen at the end of the Clone Saga). This Peter would come back as a carbon copy of Peter, having been implanted with the memories of his old self. He'll wake up from his coma and get out of SHIELD custody. As he leaves, everyone talks about Peter and Peter realizes everyone knows who he is. Peter fights Miles, thinking that it is another imposter, and takes him to SHIELD. Fury explains himself (but doesn't tell Peter he is a clone as that would destroy Peter's usefulness to him) so Peter uses his old costume (and due to his color scheme becomes Scarlet Spider) and moves in to the Triskelion as he becomes a member of the Ultimates. There. Miles is still Spider-Man and still has his own ongoing. Peter is part of the Ultimates and may have his own miniseries. Other than that, everything stays the same.

#74 Edited by w0nd (3230 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Peter. I want him back. But Miles deserves a place in the UU. Peter, I think, can come back the same way Gwen did (via clone). Peter's last remaining Scorpion Clone can be "fixed" by Nick Fury (as seen at the end of the Clone Saga). This Peter would come back as a carbon copy of Peter, having been implanted with the memories of his old self. He'll wake up from his coma and get out of SHIELD custody. As he leaves, everyone talks about Peter and Peter realizes everyone knows who he is. Peter fights Miles, thinking that it is another imposter, and takes him to SHIELD. Fury explains himself (but doesn't tell Peter he is a clone as that would destroy Peter's usefulness to him) so Peter uses his old costume (and due to his color scheme becomes Scarlet Spider) and moves in to the Triskelion as he becomes a member of the Ultimates. There. Miles is still Spider-Man and still has his own ongoing. Peter is part of the Ultimates and may have his own miniseries. Other than that, everything stays the same.

They can't take him out of that suit though, it is grafted to his spin, they would have to rip his spine out to get him out of that suit lol, and he only has 3 fingers. He would know something is up ahah :P

Have you thought about what would happen now that everyone knows who he is? how well would that work out, it barely worked out in 616 they realized they messed up by making everyone know who he is in 616 universe so how would it work in ultimate? Maybe you have some sort of idea.

#75 Posted by mrkareemruiz (39 posts) - - Show Bio

No thank you, Miles is better then Peter.

#76 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (589 posts) - - Show Bio

see parkers return is possible... Jessica drew (spider-woman) is his female clone and dated peters best friend johnny storm. johnny could get back with jess find out who she is and find someone who can clone her and create peter

#77 Edited by w0nd (3230 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirnicktheepic: and then what will happen, everyone knows he is peter parker, he unmasked, they would just blow up mays house

#78 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (589 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: they moved away and he can adopt a new costume

#79 Edited by w0nd (3230 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirnicktheepic said:

@w0nd: they moved away and he can adopt a new costume

they moved away yet miles JUST ran into Gwen at work..... anything is possible in a comic book sure, but doesn't mean it's a good idea. the clone saga was graded as one of the worst things to happen to spider man, the ultimate one ended with one living and that was only to get spider woman in the comic it seems. I doubt they will clone peter but if they do so be it. I am sure they would have by now. If johnny dated spider woman again after finding out she was peter that would be messed on so many levels.

#80 Edited by SirNickTheEpic (589 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: i guess so but it could still be one of their many plot ideas

#81 Edited by Darkseid011 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Peter Parker. After that we shall get the other Peter back !

#82 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Peterses back! We can't live peterless!

#83 Posted by Drewyetti (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterz173: Black spider, dark spider? Need a better name, the spider is taken (dynamite comics), i would let miles be the scarlet spider (with a different costume). How about spider-boy (though he was 13 at the time and a teenager). How about aráneam which is latin for spider or arana which is spanish for spider? But spider-man suits him, he's carrying on the mantle that peter created.

#84 Posted by trebean (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne will always be Batman

Terry Mcginnis and Dick Grayson disapproves of this statement

#85 Posted by BlackWind (5998 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, but if Peter returns, whixh I doubt, Miles.will undoubtedly fade away. People say, "He can be someone else!" Yeah, that's never gonna take off.

#86 Posted by inferiorego (22598 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles Morales > Ultimate Peter Parker

Staff
#87 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Edited by jumpstart55 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea i agree, it would seem that the one true Spider-Man, is absent from comic books these days.

#89 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

i kinda got tired of seeing the same old same old in every comic. change it up a little so it doesnt get stale

#90 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know people where still bothered about this

#91 Posted by Drewyetti (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: People do not like change and want things to stay the same but i can't speak for superior spiderman., on how peter parker died by a body switch with doc ock, but peter's death was very well done and emotional as he died a hero!

#92 Edited by JPWolf5 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

they should make Parker the Ultimate Scarlet Spider if they gonna do it

#93 Posted by Drewyetti (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@_urban_legend_: That would be creepy but it would be a twist. Remember she maybe a clone of peter parker, she is also female in a biological and genetical sense.

#94 Posted by Drewyetti (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterz173: I've got another name for miles, how about miles being the Ultimate Spidercide rather than scarlet spider because his costume is cool. THey could bring back Peter Parker through time travel but there has been consequences as a result of altering the timeline involving death.

#95 Edited by Captain13 (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole point of Miles Morales is to be Spider-man. He's a symbol that anyone--regardless of race can be Spider-man. If you take that away from him, you hurt the character--no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Miles Morales is the Ultimate Spider-man. Deal with it.

#96 Posted by daredevil21134 (11361 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmmmmm

#97 Posted by Captain13 (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

#98 Posted by Funkypanda123 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit over the top comic book nerds why cant you accept changes?

#99 Posted by Funkypanda123 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I know what parker fans want they want spider man saving the day dying then coming back a week later, cracking jokes stopping thugs and villains over and over and not having fleshed out characters or in depth stories (Im saying this because most peter fans think the comic is boring ever though spiderman has been about character development before it got f*cked up and hardcore peter fans enjoy the new bland stories. Im not saying all the peter fans are like this just most of them)

#100 Edited by joshchance523 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like everyone forgot about the zodiac key...That's the one thing that can bring peter back without causing a whole mess of problems with identity issues and detaching spines. If marvel feels like miles is loosing to many readers they whip up a big event and bring peter back.