Bring back Peter Parker as Ultimate Spider-Man!

• 105 results
misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 118

#1  Edited By misterz173

They should bring back Peter Parker as Ultimate Spider-Man. It's just not right someone else being Spider-Man! Clark Kent will always be Superman, Bruce Wayne will always be Batman, and Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man! It doesn't mean that this new guy has to quit; they've had two Spider-Mans at once (Ben Reily as the Scarlet Spider). He can even go by a different name like "The Spider", "Dark Spider", or "Black Spider". Peter Parker could even mentor him. Just bring Peter Parker back as Spider-Man!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

Hi, My name is Dernman and I support this message.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

Me too, but...its the Ultimate Universe...Pete's death its gonna stick. Now if it was Earth 616...

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

Yeah, if Daredevil and  Cyclops can be killed in the same event with no way of coming back so far, don't count on Peter's return any time soon. 

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Yeah.....no. I rather see what Miles is capable of before I make my judgement on if Peter should come back or not.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

@Duo_forbidden said:

Yeah.....no. I rather see what Miles is capable of before I make my judgement on if Peter should come back or not.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By NightFang3
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Duo_forbidden said:

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123
@NightFang said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Duo_forbidden said:

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Peter IS Spider-man. Everything else is just a cheap imitation.

Avatar image for thesilverbeatle
thesilverbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thesilverbeatle

@InnerVenom123 said:

@NightFang said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Duo_forbidden said:

I think this could be a really interesting experience. We just have to wait to see if Miles can give the hero justice.

Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deuce

Spiderman had a beginning too, hes had his fair share of failures and successes but its time to give someone else a chance. I love Peter of course but im interested in watching someone else go through the struggles he went through. Most superheroes we see work in teams and so get less personal time with Spiderman we really got close to him. I have watched Peter grow up in the Ultimate comics from a kid interested in getting the girl to a man willing to sacrifice himself for the better good now its time to see how Mr. Morales handles some of the same situations. I'm excited

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12  Edited By cosmo111687
@Duo_forbidden said:
Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Osiris1428

@Duo_forbidden said:
QF everlovin' T
Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I may have to start reading the ultimate universe. I remember years ago randomly reading the first ultimate spider-man at my school library and being impressed. But as I didn't buy comics back then I didn't keep up to date. Now I'm seeing/hearing about things like Cyclops, Daredevil and Peter Parker being (and staying) dead, the fantastic 4 being a bunch of tweens. Or even little things like Victor van Damme. And I also seem to remember their Galactus being an extremely weird variation. In other words, the Ultimate universe seems like the place where the writers can really play about with continuity much more so than they could in a "what if" one shot.  

In case it wasn't clear, I love that they killed Peter Parker and I love that they intend to keep it that way. I also wonder if this Morales kid will turn up in the 616 Universe at all. 

@misterz173 said:

! It doesn't mean that this new guy has to quit; they've had two Spider-Mans at once (Ben Reily as the Scarlet Spider). He can even go by a different name like "The Spider", "Dark Spider", or "Black Spider". Peter Parker could even mentor him. Just bring Peter Parker back as Spider-Man!

I really don't think Marvel would be doing themselves any favours if they went with either of those names.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Duo_forbidden said:
co-signed 
@misterz173
said:
He can even go by a different name like "The Spider", "Dark Spider", or "Black Spider".
If they ever change his name to that I will start a murder spree across the marvel conglomerate of the likes the world has never seen
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Duo_forbidden said:
fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By fodigg
@Duo_forbidden said:
Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Samimista

Give Miles a chance instead of being close minded.

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By B'Town

@thesilverbeatle said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@NightFang said:
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Duo_forbidden said:

I think this could be a really interesting experience. We just have to wait to see if Miles can give the hero justice.

All of this. I want to give the new kid a chance!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20  Edited By The_Martian

Cause no one else has never been Spider-Man before...oh wait; Ben Reilly, Maddie Franklin, Mac Gargan, Kraven the Hunter, Miguel O'Hara...

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Kallarkz
@Duo_forbidden said:
this
Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By darth_brendroid

Give the new guy a chance; as has been said. 

It could allow for new supporting characters, new villains, new dynamics with the old... 

It's about watching the characters we know evolve, and there's only so much that development can do. Dick is a different person to Bruce; ergo, he will be a different Batman, take problems in a different light, and become a different iteration of the same character, caught in similar dynamics to the old but with a fresh relationship to each.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CapFanboy

They should've introduced him before he took the costumed role, kinda like they did with tim drake before he became Robin. Let readers get adjusted to the character before you give him one of the biggest roles in the imprint

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daredevil21134
@misterz173 said:
They should bring back Peter Parker as Ultimate Spider-Man. It's just not right someone else being Spider-Man! Clark Kent will always be Superman, Bruce Wayne will always be Batman, and Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man! It doesn't mean that this new guy has to quit; they've had two Spider-Mans at once (Ben Reily as the Scarlet Spider). He can even go by a different name like "The Spider", "Dark Spider", or "Black Spider". Peter Parker could even mentor him. Just bring Peter Parker back as Spider-Man!
Tell that to the Bucky Barnes fans
Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Telcalipoca

i agree with all the comments on peter being the true spiderman but he cant be worse than the previous spiderman.ultimate spiderman was a nervous reck all the time freaking out at every corner.He did good helped alot it just bothered me how panicky he was.however this new spiderman turns out i dont know nor will i find out.pete is spiderman only him or his clones should be the main spider.

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Who knows, maybe by this time next year we'll all like Miles, or Bendis will find a way to bring Peter back.

Clue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Clue_

Batman being Bruce Wayne, sure. But Peter being the only Spider-Man? That identity was born from his abilities, there's nothing intimate about his creating the name. He had spider powers, he became Spider-Man, it wasn't some big ordeal nor should it be a big deal for anyone to assume his role.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By labarith

When they turned Reed evil, and to see how they messed up the X-men... who gives a %&$&#$.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#29  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

its the ultimate universe , why do people keep acting like it really has any true meaning?  stuff like this whole miles thing is the ENTIRE reason we have alternate universe's in comics. so that writers can do something new without disrupting what actually counts

BruceW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By BruceW

I can understand where both sides are coming from. A lot of the Ultimate Spiderman readers really grew attached to Peter as a character, Following his life experiences. So seeing him dead and gone really hurts, and wanting him back is a normal reaction. I could also see how readers of the normal 616 universe, want to see something different happen with Spiderman and have someone else carry the burden and see how they react. I think they should both be able to exist (like Peter and Ben Reilly), That could be a potential way to have two new books (Like the NDCU's Batwing title) that could see the expansion of Miles story, as well as continue on with Peter's story for the Peter fan's. Though knowing this is the Ultimate Universe, I'm sure that's never going to happen, but It would be nice.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

No, I just got back into reading Ultimate Comics and have been loving every minute of Miles, he's a great and fun character whom I look forward to watching grown and learn as he progresses as this universe's new Web-Head. If you want Peter Parker as Spider-Man, then just read Amazing Spider-Man, but if you want something a little new and different then you can pick up Ultimate Spider-Man, that way everyone gets the Spidey they want and everyone's happy. Not to mention that it's a bit selfish to demand that every Spider-Man in every universe HAS to be Peter Parker...let things change for once instead of being the EXACT same thing we've been ready for decades for goodness sake... -__-

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CapFanboy said:

They should've introduced him before he took the costumed role, kinda like they did with tim drake before he became Robin. Let readers get adjusted to the character before you give him one of the biggest roles in the imprint

isnt that what their doing? but I think they should absolutely try something new, its 2011! theirs a whole new view of comics lurking around the corner. honestly as far as UMU goes, I like this change as opposed to reed richards for no apparent reason turning into doc doom times 10 or somehow killing off wolverine...(who kills off wolverine?)

Maikeru_Deyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Maikeru_Deyuan

@misterz173 said:

Clark Kent came back. Bruce Wayne came back (twice). Green Lantern came back. The Flash and Captain America came back. Odds are Peter will be back after awhile too.

Avatar image for curbsideprophet
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CurbsideProphet

@Primmaster64 said:

Me too, but...its the Ultimate Universe...Pete's death its gonna stick. Now if it was Earth 616...

Yeah.

I actually don't like Miles Morales that much. Partly because I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Osiris1428

Miles' story has been cool so far.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ARMIV2

As much as we all like Peter, I think this time the death should stick. Legacies can't be left behind if there is always someone coming back to reclaim them.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By joshmightbe

I don't give a damn about the Ultimate universe so I don't care who wears the suit, I'm good with the real Spidey back in the 616

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dernman

They should have made miles Scarlet Spider or something because Peter is the only Spiderman to me. 

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Better Miles Morales than to see twenty years of hisotry being deniedy the fiat of an editor-in-chief.

jerfro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jerfro23

Its ultimate universe they killed off lots of people plus nice see some one else as spiderman

-The Renegade-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41  Edited By -The Renegade-

Look, they killed him off in the ultimate universe, not the normal universe. If you want to read some Peter Parker go check the normal universe. Me too I was pissed off when they killed ultimate Peter Parker, but so far the story with Miles is good so we should wait a couple more issues before saying something like what you said. It's not like Spider-man doesn't exist anymore.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By HexThis

How about demolishing the Ultimate titles as a whole? Long before Miles Morales I was opposed to this whole sub-continuity particularly with Joe Quesada saying it could possibly "bleed through" to mainstream in about 5 years. Horrifying thought. It's just a miserable, terrible, depressing universe where my favorite characters are all despicable, dead, or about to die. I like Gwen Stacy being alive as well as Jean taking a leadership role but otherwise Ultimate is just bleak and awful, I only read it occasionally out of morbid curiosity like in the way people glanced at those pictures of Gaddafi. And what they've done to Wanda? Deplorable.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Superguy0009e

@HexThis: nonononononononono

also, give there series time, you guys will see miles is more than a good replacement for Pete

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By infonation

@HexThis: I admit it, the Ultimate titles haven't inspired me much, ESPECIALLY after what happened to the Scarlet Witch! Oh sure, in "Avengers: Disassembled" she ended up as an insane supervillain because... Errr, well... BECAUSE. But giving her a "relationship" with her own twin brother?! And the way all the other characters reacted to it was shockingly messed up! And before anyone can get REALLY freaked out by it, she gets shot by a jelous robot! (To this day I can't decide if the robot was actually jelous or just trying to put her out of her misery!) As for the other problems those books have, sometimes they seem unbearable and some of them are tolerable but I just can't get over the Scarlet Witch and her TERRIBLE luck! Jeff Loeb was CLEARLY on crack at the time, (At least I HOPE he was!) but that excuse can only take one so far...

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#45  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

No.

If you want Peter Parker as Spider-Man? Read Amazing Spider-Man or Avenging Spider-Man,.

It's selfish to demand that Peter Parker must be Spider-Man in EVERY universe, plus some people (like myself) appreciate the fact that for once in comics things are actually changing and STAYING that changed. If you don't like Miles, then don't read USM, but stop whining and let the rest of us enjoy the stories... -___-

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sky-pirate

@War Killer said:

No. If you want Peter Parker as Spider-Man? Read Amazing Spider-Man or Avenging Spider-Man,. It's selfish to demand that Peter Parker must be Spider-Man in EVERY universe, plus some people (like myself) appreciate the fact that for once in comics things are actually changing and STAYING that changed. If you don't like Miles, then don't read USM, but stop whining and let the rest of us enjoy the stories... -___-

I agree. And wasn't there a What If, years ago, that featured a universe, where it was Aunt May, that got bitten by the Spider? When you break it all down, Peter wasn't destined to be bitten by the spider, it was at random and there were lots of others there, who could've been bitten in another universe (turning them into that universe's Spider-Man or Spider-Woman). There could be a universe, where Jessica Jones got bitten by the spider and became Spider-Woman. A universe, where a black student got bitten. A universe, where a gay kid got bitten. A universe, where Flash Thompson got bitten and so on. Why should the creative team limit themselves, to the incarnation, living in the mainstream universe, when dealing with a seperate one?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Phaedrusgr

It seems that romanticism is dead nowadays... I see it the way you see it. For me, the thing goes exactly as you said it. C.K will always be Supes, B.W. will always be Batsy and of course P.P. will always be Spidey and I don't care if it's the ultimate universe, the 616, or the 6.666.667. I could deal with two spidermen, sure, but I feel Peter has to be around. Enough said.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SexualLobster

Oh, piss off.

I love Spiderman, I love Peter Parker. He's my favorite superhero, and a lot of other people's.

But they did this to re-invent another Spiderman, go in directions they weren't able to with Peter. And just because he's dead in the Ultimate Universe, doesn't mean he's forgotten (in case you couldn't tell by reading the new ones).

And there have been multiple Batmen, and there are currently a bunch of Spidermen in 616, let them do this and stop being one of those people that ruins comics by being so against change.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By feargalr

Peter Parker's death is exactly the reason I love Ultimate Marvel, like 616 is great but lets face it, everyone is immortal and everything is reversed, sometimes very quickly and Ultimate Marvel has consequences to actions which is great and incredible refreshing this comic book reader thinks.

Look at the simpsons... that was great, until it kept going and going and going and now its terrible. Sometimes things should end on a high before they get stale. Take Battlestar Galactica, i fraking love that show, did I want it to end? Of course not, but I wouldn't want it to continue at the expense of quality either

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By slimj87d
@Duo_forbidden said:
I past judgement now. After 4 months this comic book sucks.