#1 Posted by Hit_Monkey (882 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dug Midnighters new costume (I know I'm like they only guy). Also, I get 18 issues in and BAM! All for nothing. I'm not pleased.

#2 Posted by Boomer359 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the new costume would have been better if it wasn't blue. The lines are nice enough, but the coloring makes him look a bit like a blue zebra in some panels. As to the chin spike, it seemed wholley impractical. I can't imagine getting stabbed in the chest/throat every time he looks down too quickly really gives him that much of a fighting advantage.

#3 Posted by ClawFist (321 posts) - - Show Bio

You were not the only guy. I felt the same way, and man was I mad with the end direction of StormWatch took. If they wanted to bring new members on and take a new direction, they could of collaborated months in advanced to stop this New New 52 version of StormWatch.

#4 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (815 posts) - - Show Bio

I think both costumes are decent, but the pre-52 one is iconic of the character. The only reason for the switch was hopefully to bring in fans of the old Stormwatch.

I agree that having 18 issues essentially retconned was a very poor decision (that was the point where I dropped the title) and will probably result in it getting cancelled soon. My only hope is that they try again with a 52 version of The Authority. I only just learned about these characters and it would be a shame for them to be sent to limbo.

@clawfist said:

If they wanted to bring new members on and take a new direction, they could of collaborated months in advanced to stop this New New 52 version of StormWatch.

I think they were hoping it would sell better. When they started to lose sales they probably decided a soft-reboot was the safest decision. Yes, it obliterated 18 issues but they were probably hoping that a new team that more closely resembled the Wildstorm imprint days would attract those old fans to the new title.