Telltale and Skybound Announce 'The Walking Dead: Michonne

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

E3 is this week. If you a fan of The Walking Dead, chances are you're a Michonne fan. Now you'll get to find out more about the character. Telltales game announced a new mini-series game exploring more of the Walking Dead world.

No Caption Provided

Announced this morning at E3 in Los Angeles, today we can finally reveal the next installment for The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series, set to premiere later this fall!

The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Games Mini-Series stars the iconic character from the comic book series haunted by her past and coping with unimaginable loss and regret. The story explores her untold journey during the time between issues #126 and #139. Through this Telltale Games mini-series of 3 episodes, players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group… and what brought her back.

You can expect to see the premiere this fall on PC/Mac, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and compatible iOS and Android-based devices. You'll need at least the first episode of The Walking Dead: Season Two in order to play The Walking Dead: Michonne, but we'll have more info on that for you closer to the premiere date.

So why did we choose Michonne for Telltale's first-ever mini-series? Robert Kirkman and Telltale's own Kevin Bruner can tell you more...

"In many ways, Michonne herself is a reflection of the world of The Walking Dead. She is brutal and cold on the outside, but deep beneath what is broken, she remains hopeful, trying to claw her way out of the darkness that surrounds her," said Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead. "In our effort to bring the world of the comic and the world of the Telltale series closer together, there is no greater character than Michonne to help bridge that gap."

"Michonne's complexity and range make her an ideal lead for the compelling interactive drama fans have come to expect from Telltale," said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "With this mini-series, players will experience Michonne's challenges first-hand, and the choices they make will shape her journey. We're incredibly honored by Robert for the opportunity to share this untold story in The Walking Dead universe."

Have you played the other Telltale Walking Dead games? Are you getting this?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

as cool as it is to know what happened to Michonne during the time skip it is kind of disappointing that we'll have to play the game to find out and that they aren't going to address it in the book

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Guaranteed to have more action now like the later episodes of season 1.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

I would've preferred a Jesus prequel.

soarlozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 was great, season 2 was meh. Most of the characters were boring and kenny kept going from 1 extreme to the other with my playthrough, ruining any real option for me at the end.

Michonne is one of my fave characters but I don't want to play a prequel as her. Same way that I love playing as foresters in GoT, i wouldn't like it playing as one of the major houses.

Devbob98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

But… But… Clementine… :(

mje360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wonder what will become of Clem and AJ.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator
Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I liked how they kept the comics and the games separated (with a few minor connections like in the person of Glen). I want to read the Michonne story in the comics and I want to have Clem and AJ in the game. I knew this was gonna happen at some point, but I'm still disappointed by this news.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

hmm Interesting. I will play

~MiB

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nice to know there's another Telltale Walking Dead game. I only played season 1 but I loved it.

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what happened to my Clementine :O

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Where's Clementine!?

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By mrkareemruiz

Clementine is gone, thank god she sucks.