Here lies the respect thread for one of my very favorite characters evar, Mercy Sparx of Devil's Due Publishing. She's a "devling" (a devilgirl from Sheol, a land between Hell and Earth) who has been sent to earth to do hunt down rogue angels using specialized equipment. While her goals, bosses, and enemies change over time, she's a spunky chick who gets the job done.
Mercy is immensely strong as a result of her infernal nature.
1. Mercy lifts and easily tosses whatever that thing is (a radiator or heater or something).
2. Mercy rips a parking meter out of the ground and tosses it like a javelin.
3. Mercy knocks a guy out cold by throwing a flask at him.
4. Dents a concrete wall with a guy's head.
5. Lifts a motorcycle and beats a slasher to death with it.
Mercy also possesses inhuman speed, able to dodge bullets and more.
As a similar result of her demonic physiology, Mercy Sparx is immensely durable, and is also fireproof.
1. Mercy gets hit by a truck. This is on purpose, not an accident -- it was driven into her.
2. The aftermath of that damage. Mercy gets up and walks away from it.
3. Mentions her healing factor. This is after she is beaten senseless with her own halo knuckles and sold off as a sex slave -- she heals so quickly she makes them beat her again so that no customers will want her.
4. Gets her face shoved through a brick wall without a scratch.
5. Is fireproof.
Mercy is also a skilled self-taught combatant, frequently using her prehensile tail as an extra limb to get an edge in combat.
1. Mercy uses her tail (and a stool) to one-shot Vlad. He is next seen several pages later, still on the floor.
2. Using her tail to strangle her opponent and then corkscrew them away. She calls this move the "Funky Tornado."
3. Tail is prehensile. Here, she uses it to hold and utilize three knives simultaneously.
4. Uses her tail to bind her opponent's ankles, making them lose balance.
5. (Repeat) Showcasing her agility in combat.
6. (Repeat) Uses her tail to deflect a crossbow bolt.
1. Her Hellfire Zippo.
2. The Hellfire Zippo again. A rogue angel claims that she's heard of it before, and seems afraid of it.
3. Stated that it creates Hellfire, not just normal fire.
4. The "Jaws of Death."
5. Glue Gun.
6. Metal knuckles, forged from melted down halos and stamped with the word "ASS." Mercy draws on their residual energy to amplify the power of her strikes.
7. Pentagram throwing stars.
1. Shows herself to be quite patient, sets a remote-controlled net trap. It works, though the person it catches doesn't end up being her target.
2. Has one of her horns removed and a trigger put inside of it. She plants a remotely-triggered bottle of unholy water in the organization she's infiltrating -- when the time comes for her to make a run for it, she activates the bomb and blows everything to absolute s***.
But, perhaps most importantly....