Agent Carter to appear in 'Ant-Man'

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Ant-Man is set for release on July 17, 2015. It lands in theaters after Avengers: Age of Ultron and will be the final movie in Marvel's Phase 2 movies. With Paul Rudd cast as Scott Lang and Michael Douglas as the original Ant-Man, Hank Pym, we've been wondering what this means for Ant-Man's place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

SuperHeroHype reported, via Project Casting, that a casting call for a stand-in for the Haley Atwell, who plays Agent Peggy Carter, one of the founders of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been announced. Could this mean a team up with Agent Carter and Ant-Man?

No Caption Provided

This would likely mean that Hank Pym was an associate or had interactions with Peggy Carter and Howard Stark in the early days of the Cinematic Universe. Rumors have also stated that a young Alexander Pierce, played by Robert Redford in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Arnim Zola would appear in Ant-Man. It's unclear whether Haley Atwill will actuall appear or if it'll just be the stand-in.

The other question is what's going on with Howard Stark in the movie. Dominic Cooper will reprise the role in the Agent Carter television show but John Slattery, who played Howard Stark in Iron Man 2 (in the flashback/film scenes) has been cast in Ant-Man.

Ant-Man is currently in production but we haven't heard too much about it. These new developments are interesting and raises more questions. We'll have to wait for more information.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is some interesting news.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MakkyD

She'll probably be aged slightly using makeup/cgi since this is the 60s, not the 40s. It's cool that they're actually developing the MCU Cold War era into its own mini-universe with these characters and not just pretending little happened between Captain America's "death" and the origin of Iron Man.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

This is cool I think. Haley Atwell is awesome and I enjoy the Peggy Carter character. Still finding it hard to be at all excited for this movie though. I've never been into any version of Ant-Man (Hank Pym being my least favorite so at least Scott Lang will be the primary protagonist here). On top of my apathy for the property, Edgar Wright leaving was a big blow. When he was attached I had confidence that even without an attachment to the character, I'd still enjoy the movie. Now I'm concerned. I just hope Marvel's superb track record holds true and they polish Ant-Man into a great movie.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Neat, brings to mind all sorts of ideas. Maybe in Cap's absence they bring in agents like Pym to fill in. Also probably filling in the gaps in timelines. Pym was Antman during the 70s right? An older but still active Carter, Older Howard Stark. Hmm, exciting.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think they may be trying to bridge the gap between Cap freezing and maybe Tony's birth or something....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@syncig: Hank Pym is the only interesting Ant Man

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Holy moly! I think Slattery might be even bigger news than Hayley. Remember when Cap and Natasha are talking to Zola's computer brain in Winter Soldier, and she mentions the old SHIELD program to recruit scientists ... maybe they have Zola and Hank Pym in the same timeline as older Howard Stark, some kind of silver age, sixties Mad Men theme.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Cool, but they need to confirm Eric O'Grady in Ant-Man now.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

@jonny_anonymous: He is one of my least favorite characters in comics. Opinions differ.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Already wrote a blog about this today

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By DoctorXander

I feel like Ant-Man's slipped out of the spotlight recently with all of the recent news from Marvel. I'd basically forgotten this movie was coming out

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@doctorxander: Yeah, a lot of people were surprised but with this being the last Phase 2 movie and everyone going crazy of Age of Ultron, it's unfortunate. But hopefully that will change once we start seeing some images or clips.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctorxander: @g_man: They just promote whatever is nearest in line. Once Age of Ultron is finished, watch as they go all out with the marketing for it. If it's anything like what they did with Guardians Of The Galaxy, they'll go the extra mile since it's a relatively unknown property.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I hear there's a theory Ultron was an old program Tony found and revived. Maybe Pym and Carter were somehow involved.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Transformers1024

Unlike most people I'm really excited to see this!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It might be due to the time where I am, but that picture has me laughing out loud, literally.