Why they shouldn't do the Civil War story.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I don't see the point of the Civil War story. The MCU isn't really a place for secret identities. That was one of the main focuses of the Civil War. We've already seen the S.H.I.E.L.D conflict in the Winter Soldier. This image perfectly shows why masks aren't that important in the MCU.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I totally agree with this.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supposedly, the whole secret identity controversy won't be the crux of the registration act in the film. It will be based more around heroes just being registered with the government and not acting like lone wolves...

I also hope people aren't really kidding themselves, the only reason this movie is being made because of Batman vs Superman. It's just Marvel basically saying "look at us, we will have more than just two guys fight!!"

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I miss secret identities...

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im so glad secret identities are done with.
we live in a day and age when it doesnt make sense to have one.
Thats one of my favorite things about the MCU and even Fox Marvel Verse to an extent
no secret identities

But Civil War can be done well as movie, just a different point, like super power registration. However, in the MCU everyone looks registered anyways hanging out at Avengers tower so *shrugs*

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, every pretty girl gets to know the heroes identity anyway. (Seriously Batman, one movie, just one movie... when the girl opens her legs, don't whip out the mask to impress her.)

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats one of my favorite things about the MCU and even Fox Marvel Verse to an extent

no secret identities

But Civil War can be done well as movie, just a different point, like super power registration. However, in the MCU everyone looks registered anyways hanging out at Avengers tower so *shrugs*

Well, I don't think it makes sense for the MARVEL heroes, but I don't think it's something that should totally go out the door.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just want Spider-Man to be apart of it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This.

Also more and more comics revolve mostly around the superhero community. Non powered normal people are disappearing from the landscape. There's no life outside of their superhero life.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jonny_anonymous said:

At least DC still has them, hopefully the movies won't change that.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@dernman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

This.

Also more and more comics revolve mostly around the superhero community. Non powered normal people are disappearing from the landscape. There's no life outside of their superhero life.

Ugh YES! This is something I hate as well and it's also the reason I hate when superheroes date other superheroes. It's so lazy forcing to heroes together instead of creating some normal humans to populate their world with

Angelusalvus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never read the civil war, but I've read about it on the internet. If they go through the route of secrety identity again, then Iron man is being a massive idiot because he would be forgetting about what happened in Iron Man 3 when he told everyone where he lived.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@tyger: My nerd-sense tells me that Iron Man v Cap in the Civil War event, Cap and Tony butting heads in the movie, and Cap's "that's not freedom, that's fear" line are all recipes for that confrontation Tay existed before or concurrently with the development of Batman v Superman: Let's Get Tacos.

Sadly...my cynic senses are reminding me that these movies are coming out in the same year. Sigh.

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 2

Because the story is trash that's why.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really play up Stark being a narcissistic personality in the movies (really unlikable to me) and Cap being a good guy. It makes sense they would come to blows, plus it allows for new Avengers to be added. The name could change but to me the story allows for cinema growth.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no secret identities

If you have a day job, and a family, what would be stopping a high powered villain who you tried to take in, from blowing up your house. IDK how many times ultimate peter had people show up at his house or threaten to blow up his school.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

spoiler alert cap dies

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Maybe we should maybe, I don't know, wait for more info?

Also, it was already said (I think) that it wasn't going to be about secret identities.

Avatar image for timetraveltravetz
TimeTravelTravetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe they are making another of this. I'm glad I never read Civil War and ain't planing to.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@phisigmatau said:

no secret identities

If you have a day job, and a family, what would be stopping a high powered villain who you tried to take in, from blowing up your house. IDK how many times ultimate peter had people show up at his house or threaten to blow up his school.

Spider-man isnt in the MCU. For Spider-man and most other street leveler's it makes sense.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@phisigmatau said:

no secret identities

Spider-man isnt in the MCU. For Spider-man and most other street leveler's it makes sense.

oh no that was just an example. I could have used tony though, his house got blown up while pepper was in it. Pepper almost died twice actually lol. I don't care they have no secret identity in the movies, I can just see the downside of not having one in those situations.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@phisigmatau said:

@w0nd said:
@phisigmatau said:

no secret identities

oh no that was just an example. I could have used tony though, his house got blown up while pepper was in it. Pepper almost died twice actually lol. I don't care they have no secret identity in the movies, I can just see the downside of not having one in those situations.

cool. its true but at the same time im3 was written very very poorly.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why? Because this will change the whole global MU. Sadly, this is what (probably) going to happen.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No secret identities, not nearly enough of a cast, just an excuse to have heroes fight. Plus Civil War wasn't even a great storyline anyways, just happens to have caused a lot of controversy.