Why do people always bash Fantastic Four?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The first movie honestly wasn't that bad....

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that the first one was just kind of mediocre. But the second one has the cloud Galactus garbage that NEEDS to be mocked

Beoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: Because Reed Richards is a borderline villain and a complete asshole in almost every scenario.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beoftw said:

@flameboy298: Because Reed Richards is a borderline villain and a complete asshole in almost every scenario.

quoted for truth... he's all-but the same character as Doom

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

any film that doesn't come from Disney is automatically hated on.

which is quite sad really, since if they did own all their properties it would mean less movies for us as fans to enjoy. People shouldn't' care where something good comes from. Sony and Fox have had some epic misfires, (X3 and SP3) but they were making movies long before Marvel ever got their shit together and frankly. Marvel's track record is hardly perfect. I mean Thor 2 or IM3 might not be complete disasters, but they were hardly up to standards either.

personally my only issue is with Fox over using Wolverine and not using more of the other dudes more. Though since Marvel themselves do that in the comics (and its what sells) can't exactly blame them too much.

the new FF film is promising. The director is a young and talented and frankly, so is the cast. (though I can't vouch much for the guy who's gonna play Doom, never seen him). The others though are wonderful actors.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Them being wonderful actors or not im not on board with that film at all

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

The first one WAS bad. Jessica Alba made Sue basically the token hot girl, Reed wasn't a genius at all, and Doctor Doom was just a whiny rich kid. Chris Evans was the film's only saving grace.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By devilsgrin81

@flashrobin: i agree. good cast individually, but not in this combination or this horrendous re-imagination of the FF.

@fallschirmjager: its not true that people hate on movies not made by disney. Fantastic Four and X-Men 1 & 2 were both out well before Disney bought Marvel. iirc so were RoSS and X3. The x-men movies 1 & 2 at least are very well regarded and are responsible for the success of all the successive comic movies. FF and FF2 were full of cheese. Aside from Chris Evans absolutely nailing Johnny Storm, everything else was just bad. the acting from most of the cast was acceptable at least, but the effects, the script, the music/score even, were awful.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: I just find it stupid that they change his ethnicity for the sake of diversity.Their are African-American,Hispanic and other heroes with various ethnicities.I feel like its just a cop out and the excuse "for the sake of diversity" thing is stupid if everyone had that logic then Batman,Super-man, should all be chinese seriously...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked both of the movies. Sure space cloud Galactus was TERRIBLE but everything else was great by me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

I really liked both of the movies. Sure space cloud Galactus was TERRIBLE but everything else was great by me.

Doom's portrayal was almost as bad as Cloud-atus.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

He didn't have a great portrayal by any means but I thought it was decent enough for it to not bother me.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Wolverine008

@the_stegman said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

He didn't have a great portrayal by any means but I thought it was decent enough for it to not bother me.

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kidchipotle

@arturocalakayvee said:

@the_stegman said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can only speak for the first movie because it was too bad and made me not want to see the 2nd, the only scene that i liked was the bridge scene which wasnt much at all.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Acting was cheap and story was terrible. But it was an ok movie for its time

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the first one, sue me

Especially ben's actor.

Micheal Chiklis is a great actor. Have you seen him in The Shield?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@theacidskull said:

I liked the first one, sue me

Especially ben's actor.

Micheal Chiklis is a great actor. Have you seen him in The Shield?

no, But you kind of implanted the idea for me to see that movie now :P

It's a TV series. One of the best, and highly underrated. Up there with Soprano's, The Wire and other shows of such caliber.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I liked the fan 4 movies and I think the surfer was great in the second movie :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Wow, he just doesn't care at all.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 SC  Moderator

@flameboy298: Don't spoil TV show plots or details for other users or antagonize them by continuing to do so after they advise using spoiler features.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Fox have had people hating them for over 12 years, way before Marvel Studios existed. When they eventually came along, people like yourself had nobody else to point fingers at so you had to assume "Marvelites" or people that attach themselves to Disney were behind the hate. Ever thought there are actually people out there, non biased unlike yourself and I, that hate what Fox has done period?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@tyrus said:

@fallschirmjager: Fox have had people hating them for over 12 years, way before Marvel Studios existed. When they eventually came along, people like yourself had nobody else to point fingers at so you had to assume "Marvelites" or people that attach themselves to Disney were behind the hate. Ever thought there are actually people out there, non biased unlike yourself and I, that hate what Fox has done period?

No, they got selectively hated on. When they made a bad movie, they heard about it. When they made a good movie, they heard about that too.

Nowadays people just bitch about it period. The amount of people who cry and whine for movies to fail because they are owned by Sony/Fox is countless and its all absurd.

Fox has made good movies. And if it wasn't for Fox making the Original X-Men and reviving the superhero genre after Batman and Robin killed it, we probably wouldn't have TDK, Avengers, TWS and so on and so forth today.

Was the FF movies good? I don't think so, but apparently some do. But Fox as a whole has done good things. They're not perfect, but no movie company is, Disney included. And frankly the amount of hate and desire for failure for the New FF reboot that barely has anything released about it cept the cast and director is all ready ridiculous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any film that doesn't come from Disney is automatically hated on.

which is quite sad really, since if they did own all their properties it would mean less movies for us as fans to enjoy. People shouldn't' care where something good comes from. Sony and Fox have had some epic misfires, (X3 and SP3) but they were making movies long before Marvel ever got their shit together and frankly. Marvel's track record is hardly perfect. I mean Thor 2 or IM3 might not be complete disasters, but they were hardly up to standards either.

personally my only issue is with Fox over using Wolverine and not using more of the other dudes more. Though since Marvel themselves do that in the comics (and its what sells) can't exactly blame them too much.

the new FF film is promising. The director is a young and talented and frankly, so is the cast. (though I can't vouch much for the guy who's gonna play Doom, never seen him). The others though are wonderful actors.

@tyrus said:

No, they got selectively hated on. When they made a bad movie, they heard about it. When they made a good movie, they heard about that too.

Nowadays people just bitch about it period. The amount of people who cry and whine for movies to fail because they are owned by Sony/Fox is countless and its all absurd.

Fox has made good movies. And if it wasn't for Fox making the Original X-Men and reviving the superhero genre after Batman and Robin killed it, we probably wouldn't have TDK, Avengers, TWS and so on and so forth today.

Was the FF movies good? I don't think so, but apparently some do. But Fox as a whole has done good things. They're not perfect, but no movie company is, Disney included. And frankly the amount of hate and desire for failure for the New FF reboot that barely has anything released about it cept the cast and director is all ready ridiculous.

Agree 110%