#1 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

So i have been really thinking about who marvel "heavy" hitters are. Now i am not really considering this in terms of "draw" power or popularity but I mean true powerful characters. I got this Idea from spiderman big time where spidey says hes not a heavy hitter like thor or ironman and that got me think about ironman as a "heavy hitter" and of course that Got me think of the what i consider superhero heavy hitters and this just about all the Justice League of America.....minus batman. 

After some discussion with firends the opinion of a marvel heavy hitter was really varied! so I bring to yall.  

Now just for fun please no Wanda or cosmic "god" like beings cause just destroying reality is way beyond a powerhouse thats too much.
#2 Posted by xdm (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok let's go.

Mainstream.
Champion 

Obscur character but my favourite (level between Herald and Galactus).
Mrrungo Mu

#3 Posted by Blackreverend (133 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Hulk, Hercules, Drax(dumb/classic), Gladiator, Sentry, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Namor, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Champion, Thor Girl, Black Bolt, Nova, Wonder man, Beta Ray Bill, Thunder strike, Abomination, Red Hulk, Skaar, Adam warlock(as HIM), Kurse, Juggernaut, Mangog, The destroyer, etc.  

but it really depends on who you consider a heavy hitter. how strong are you talking?  
#5 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

rough draft:

Earth's Heroes (Nothing cosmic, nothing villainous)

10. Cypher--understands codes to extreme extent, x-man and new mutant
9.   Amadeus Cho--super intelligence, friends of Asgard
8.  Collective Man--Chinese hero, very powerful 
7.  Red Guardian/Vanguard--repels any object, telepathically resistant, one of Russia's superhero heads 
6.  Thor--head of Asgard, very powerful
5.  Hulk--the strongest one there is
4.  Red Hulk--like a hulk, but more controllable
3.  Nova--one of the most powerful and most practically powered, not an uncontrollable monster (Hulk)
2.  Psylocke--telepathy, and the X-Force 
1.  Emma Frost--controls X-Men, telepathy can solve most problems most easily.

more later
#6 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto
Storm
Vulcan
Black Bolt

#7 Posted by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, i would like to hear some more

#8 Posted by 2ndKentucky (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry, Hulk, Magneto, Black Bolt, Thor and I have to put Iron Man on the list.

#9 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio

50 off the top of my head...  
Abomination  
Absorbing Man  
Adam Warlock  
Annihilus  
Beta Ray Bill  
Black Bolt   
Blue Marvel 
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell & Genis-Vell)     
Champion
Dr. Doom  
Dr. Strange 
Exodus   
Ghost Rider 
Gilgamesh 
Gladiator   
Hercules  
Hulk  
Hyperion  
Iceman  
Juggernaut / Colossus  
Loki   
Magik 
Magneto    
Meggan
Moondragon 
Morgan Le Fay
Ms. Marvel 
Namor   
Nova  
other Heralds: Firelord, Morg, Redshift, Stardust, Terrax  
Photon
Quasar   
Rachel Summers
Red Hulk  
Sentry   
Sersi
Skaar  
Silver Surfer  

Thanos 
Thor 
Vision 
Vulcan 
Ultron  
Wiccan  
Wonderman

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

These 2.

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice choices

#12 Edited by Teerack (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Marvel for sure. Sentry needed the help of the Avengers(back when Wonder Man was on the team to, and Wonder Man is arguably as strong as Sentry) and was still hardly able to score a win off this guy. I really don't understand how Cap hasn't reached out to this titan of a man yet. You'd think after Fear It's Self Cap would of gotten word of where Blue Marvel was hanging out.

#13 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

blue marvel for sure.

#14 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Spideysense44 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue marvel,thor,blackbolt,hulk,apocolypse,silver srfer,nova,wonderman,spiderman,sentry they have plenty more

#16 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova, sentry, silver surfer, thor, blue marvel and Hulk...

#17 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

& don't forget Gladiator

#18 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

My Video answers this question :D

#19 Edited by Squares (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@violet_eyed_dragon: Neither Psylocke nor Emma Frost could justifiably be called heavy-hitters.

#20 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I really only know the X-men side of Marvel so...

Magneto
Storm
Wiccan (Since OP said no Wanda... and maybe he might be a tad bit toned down compared to his mother)
I could see Dust becoming a powerhouse
Iceman

From what I know of the rest of the Marvel universe... their powers don't seem to be quite as hard hitting as some of the mutants.

#21 Posted by Fifthchild (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Without getting crazy with obscure characters, sticking mostly to heroes and in no particular order:

• Thor
  • Hulk
  • Silver Surfer

are probably the biggest names, most consistent and most prolific. Honourable mention to Hercules but hes a little limited in versatility compared to these others (and raw power in comparison to the Hulk). Actually he probably makes the cut on second thought.

Someone like Iron Man doesnt quite reach the status of heavy hitter IMO but then again it depends on the context. For someone like Spiderman he most definitely could be.

Some other names who have been less consistent presences over the years but are pretty prominent currently:

• Red Hulk
  • Hyperion
  • Blue Marvel
  • Blackbolt

Some others who are undoubtedly powerful (sometimes a little more periodically) but due to the nature of their powers are less likely to be played up as "powerhouses":

• Dr Strange
  • Professor X

Sometimes these guys are uber, other times they are mostly good for facilitating the work of other teams and "powerhouses".

Im not really considering people like

• Starbrand (too new and powerlevel may be beyond conventional heroes)
  • Blue Marvel (too new/obscure)
  • Sentry (mostly not a hero and powerlevel generally beyond conventional hero status)
  • WonderMan (had a decent push lately but mostly a jobber)