• 74 results
#51 Posted by fodigg (6209 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks to the movies Wolverine,Iron Man and Captain America.In comics Wolverine,Spiderman and Iron Man

You don't think the Spider-Man films are still a force to be reckoned with?

#52 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: It reforced the spider man comics before but i´m saying that rigth now with the reboot of the movies maybe they screwd the thing a little.After saying that it was nice to see Gwen Stacy instead of Mary Jane and following the cotinuity

#53 Posted by Ostyo (11952 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man

#54 Posted by FlashKnight (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman, Wolverine, and Iron Man.

#56 Posted by AlieNinja (38 posts) - - Show Bio

If we go popularity wise:

Spiderman Wolverine Iron Man

Or story wise (most debatable as it completely ignores xmen fantastic four and defenders):

Captain America Thor Iron Man

And if we go team wise (soneone once said that marvel trinity lies in teams):

Avengers Xmen Fantastic 4

But what does this all say? Marvel has no established trinity.

Although I have seen spidey and iron man on almost every app merchandise major cross over cover etc. So we can be sure of these two.

#57 Posted by AwesomePerson (2469 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel don't have a "trinity"...

It is all fan opinion

#58 Posted by selfproclaimed (142 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iconic Marvel Trinity (based on popularity/recognizability/sales/merchandising)

1. Spider-Man
  2. Hulk
  3. Captain America

The Marvel Trinity within the 616 Universe (based on established mythos)

• Captain America
  • Iron Man
  • Thor

The Current Marvel Trinity (based on popularity/sales/merchandising)

1. Spider-Man
  2. Wolverine
  3. Iron Man

most accurate

#59 Edited by titing2101 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

This for me :

#60 Posted by CSG_CL (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really think Marvel has a Trinity equivalent... To be honest, DC's is really more about longevity of the characters as SM, BM and WW are the only comics that continually published since the inception of comics. They are also representative of Magic, Science and Humantiy, although this concept varies over time as writers change etc... Regardless, the Trinity represent the structure of DC's publishing and how they tend to organize groups of comics and coordinate crossovers and such.

I'd say the Marvel universe really centers around groups rather than individual characters ... Thus you loosely have the Avengers corner of Marvel, the Xmen corner, the Hulk corner and the Spider corner. You can see blocks of comics related to these micro-universes and it's the most natural starting place for most line-wide crossovers and such. If you really want to pic characters I'd say Spider-Man, Hulk, Cap and Wolverine are the cornerstones although Cap/Ironman/Thor are somewhat interchangeable in this role IMO a.

#61 Posted by Nathaniel_Adam (1310 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Edited by SymbioticSpider-Man (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, let's be honest, it's Spider-man, Wolverine, and Hulk. Those three are easily the most recognizable Marvel heroes EVER.

People like Iron Man or Captain America have only recently become A-listers.

#63 Posted by jhazzroucher (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man, Wolverine and Storm

#64 Edited by Spambot (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

@symbioticspider-man: Wolverine didn't even become really popular until the 90's. Captain America and Ironman were A listers long before even most comic readers knew who Wolverine was. Same goes for Thor.

#65 Posted by SymbioticSpider-Man (3535 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: Not 100% sure about Cap, but Iron Man wasn't an A-lister until recently. Also, in terms of recognizability, Spider-man, Wolverine, and Hulk are top dogs.

#66 Edited by Spambot (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

@symbioticspider-man: That's prob only because you don't remember. I am old, I remember. Marvel has never really had a defining hero the way DC has Superman and Batman. Its a list heroes back in the day though were Cap America, Spiderman, Hulk and Ironman. They all had their own cartoons and tv shows long before 99% of the public had any idea who Wolverine is/was. You could prob say the FF too but then the X-men kept growing in popularity until they came on equal footing to the FF and Avengers in the 90's.

#67 Posted by THORSON (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is flexible which its why its provides more for fans than DC. I don't hate DC i just hate the batman hype and its fans.

DC its just batman

Marvel: it can be anyone. Even spidey will allow others to shine unlike batman.

#68 Edited by albusan (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

The current big 3:

Spider-Man

Wolverine dead or alive

Robert Downey Jr.

#69 Posted by DrStrangeIsSuperior (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man captain America and Dr Strange

#70 Posted by Kokemabb200 (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is so diverse that I don't think they have a "Big 3".

They have the Illuminati (Mr. Fantastic/Black Bolt/Iron Man/Charles Xavier/Namor/Dr. Strange) They represent every major family that comprises the Marvel Universe and there isn't a story that is published that doesn't involve them in some part

#71 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5632 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Book, Avengbooks, Spiderbooks.

Was going to put Fantastic Four above Spiderbooks but not so sure anymore.

#72 Posted by darklordx123 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, Ironman, and Wolverine.

#73 Edited by CurrentThor2015 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Spider-Man & Wolverine are my favourite characters, whenever I hear "Marvels Trinity" these 3 pop into my mind.

#74 Posted by blackspidey2099 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@veshark: No He is right that's the reason for the DCU's big three.

As for marvel in the universe their big 3 are Steve Rogers , Iron-man and Thor but in popularity it's Spiderman , iron-man and wolverine

This is what I hate about Marvel in comparison to DC. Instead of making Spidey part of the Big 3 in universe as well (like how DC's 3 most popular are their Big 3), they keep regressing him to the point of no-return and wanking their Iron Man, Cap, and Thor.

#75 Posted by HULKANGRY (317 posts) - - Show Bio

And the Oscar goes to:

By Popularity: Iron Man·Spider-Man·Wolferine (with Hulk & Thor)

By Strength:HULK· Juggernaut·Thor (& Sentry)

Best Actor:Stan Lee ;)