Where to start

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Russcovito

Hello everybody, I don't know where to begin. I am a huge DC fan, especially about the Bat, I read the Bat comics every months and everything, even if I began reading comics after The New 52 Relaunch, I have read many Pre-52 comics like Knightfall, Hush etc.... But here's the thing, i've never read any Marvel comics, I've only watched a few movies but I think it is time I begin to read comics. The question ? Where do I start ? 'cause I really don't know a goddamn thing about Marvel. The only cartoons I've watched when I was a kid were DC's.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Russcovito

anybody ?

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Hello everybody, I don't know where to begin. I am a huge DC fan, especially about the Bat, I read the Bat comics every months and everything, even if I began reading comics after The New 52 Relaunch, I have read many Pre-52 comics like Knightfall, Hush etc.... But here's the thing, i've never read any Marvel comics, I've only watched a few movies but I think it is time I begin to read comics. The question ? Where do I start ? 'cause I really don't know a goddamn thing about Marvel. The only cartoons I've watched when I was a kid were DC's.

It depends, what characters do you want to read about?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Well Marvel just relaunched as Marvel Now so you might want to look into that.

And you can always try searching online "the best ____ stories" and try the most popular ones.

BB

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

You can start with some Marvel NOW titke but it depends on the characters you are most interested in.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Russcovito

It doesn't have anything to do with the recent movie but I'm kinda interested in Iron Man (Best Batmanlike in Marvel ?)

p3t3r133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to start a while back I suggest starting with the New Avengers, and as you come to events read those. The new Avengers is pretty central to many of the big events that happen in the 2000's and helps tie things together. I recommend not reading X-Men of any sorts if you are new, its a whole other bag of confusing cross overs. A great place to start Iron Man is at the Extremis story line, it gives you a retcon of his origin and is one my favorite runs he has it also is near the start of New Avengers. Spider man had a big reboot a while back with Brand New Day. But if you want to start more recently Dan Slott's Big Time is the start of all thats going on now in Superior spider-man.

Or you can just start with Marvel Now! All the writers were moved around and its supposed to be a great jump on place, they did this a while back with .1, but this seems bigger.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@russcovito: Hmmm If you're a Batman fan I would recommend:

• Black Panther
  • New Avengers (current)
  • Pre-Dying wish Spider-man (Spider-island era) or if you're quite happy to follow a sociopathic, murdering, genius you may like current Superior Spider-man

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Russcovito

Ok thanks everybody ! So, I did understand right if I say that Marvel Now ! Is a Reboot just Luke New 52 is ? I'm not sure about liking Spidey a lot.. Maybe I should give it a try..

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Russcovito

What about "Ultimate" ?

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Any reason your dipping into Marvel, is it just the Marvel movie craze? I would stick with what you know. The closest thing to the batwagon in Marvel is the Wolverine wagon and he's nothing like batman. Event Deadpool is a horse of a different color. I would pick up a few trades from Marvel like the big events " Civil War" " Secret Invasion" those use all the characters and with that you can see who you'd like to utilize further with.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@russcovito said:

Ok thanks everybody ! So, I did understand right if I say that Marvel Now ! Is a Reboot just Luke New 52 is ? I'm not sure about liking Spidey a lot.. Maybe I should give it a try..

Nope not really just a relaunch. As far as I know all the old continuity still exist.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabidwolfdog No I didn't like the movies at all, and after the few Iron Man that I've just read I know who I'd like to "utilize further with"

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Russcovito

I've just read Civil War, and I clearly understood two things : first is, the Marvel world is not as bad as I thought it was, the second thing is that Iron Man surely doesn't have anything to do with Batman. Now I am a bit interested in Wolverine, anyone could suggest me any Major-arcs to read ?

Jackmaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jackmaa