#1 Posted by flameboy298 (638 posts) - - Show Bio

What comics do I need to read for The Avengers 2? Should I just read Age of Ultron? or should I just read about Thanos? Avengers 1-3 are going to build to him

#2 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Avengers 2 is actually going to be based on the Age Of Ultron comic series. Reading about Ultron could be useful, but I'm not sure what would be specifically best to read, seeing as we don't know for sure what he'll be like in the film.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio

read nothing. seriously, Just enjoy the film.

Oh and Age of ultron was garbage. Worse than AvX, and that's saying something.

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yep. AoU was probably the worst event I've ever read

#5 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13885 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I stopped reading after issue 3, how did it end?

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Xwraith (10882 posts) - - Show Bio

When was the last time Marvel had a "world-changing" event that was actually worth reading?

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (26552 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

When was the last time Marvel had a "world-changing" event that was actually worth reading?

Infinity by Jonathan Hickman.

#10 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13885 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Soo? Consequences? Benefits? Or just cause?

just cause.

They abuse time so you know, it breaks -_-

so f*cking stupid.

also they sidelined the title character.

#12 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13885 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective: Consequences were Galactus going to the Ultimate Universe, Angela ending up in 616, and I think there was more, but I can't remember.

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13885 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective said:

@theacidskull: Do they get rid of Ultron?

he had 3 appearances in the book. 3.

Isn't it supposed to be more about the chaos he had caused, i.e., the "Age Of Ultron" itself? And do all those copies of him not count for anything?

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@darkknightdetective said:

@theacidskull: Do they get rid of Ultron?

he had 3 appearances in the book. 3.

Isn't it supposed to be more about the chaos he had caused, i.e., the "Age Of Ultron" itself? And do all those copies of him not count for anything?

No, they don't.

Age of Ultron was an event about a villain, who, in fact has been a major threat for the avengers. The book opens with him already screwing everyone over, and the heroes have to regain control of the situation. Ok, i can buy that. But then the series becomes about wolverine for no apparent reason, with Ultron becoming the side, background character.

Then the heroes break time, which even for a comic, is pretty F*cking stupid. it wasn't an event, it was a pathetic excuse for crap. yes, it's not even worthy to properly be called crap. Bendis wrote half the characters idiotically and wanked the characters he liked, as he always does.

#19 Posted by Cap10nate (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298:

As others have mentioned, Avengers: Age of Ultron only borrows the name from the event and none of the plot from Bendis' story.

I don't think there are any must read stories since I'm sure the movie will only pull loosely from source material as all the Marvel movies have done so far. If you want to read an excellent Ultron story which I personally believe will be part of the source material used for the movie (at least one scene anyways), I would recommend reading Ultron Unlimited by Kurt Busiek and George Perez written in 1999. It's one of my favorite Avengers stories.

#20 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (5550 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Wolverine and Sue Storm really. Blocking in case the OP wants to read the series at some point. I thought it made sense to follow them into the past, as I can't see how the team going into the future could have made as much of a difference. They maybe could have stopped Ultron, but it seems less likely that they could have put the world almost back to normal. Wolverine and Sue Storm going back led to the solution to the problem, via the bigger problem.

#21 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

Save yourself, don't read any of AoU!

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15915 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: It's not the time travel that bothered me, it's the fact that Ultron was basically side-tracked in his own event.

#24 Edited by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

For the movie?

You don't need to read anything for comic book movies. They usually introduce comic book movies to the common non-comic book reader