#1 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

In case you’ve already forgotten my carefully worded title, this article is chocked full of massive spoilers, so if you want to retain your THOR: THE DARK WORLD chastity, you should probably turn tail. Seriously. This is a massive spoiler.

Alright, now that my obligatory caveat is out in the open, let’s get down to business.

According to a reputable source, a certain GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY villain will make an appearance in the after credit scene of Thor: The Dark World. No, not Thanos. Not even Ronan The Accuser. This particular villain is a bit cooler than all of those other baddies, actually.

Benicio Del Toro’s Collector is the franchise bridging nemesis. We’ve still no clue what he’s up to in the scene, the details of which will probably surface nearer the film’s release, but isn’t this news pretty fucking awesome? I never would’ve believed that Marvel would steal so many high quality actors for their cinematic universe, and with the addition of Del Toro to their already stacked casts, they’ve amassed one of the most nominated/awarded/lauded league of actors as any other project.

SOURCE : UTF, Film Ink

#2 Posted by TazzMission (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

oh hell yes! thing is though i heard it was 2 scenes not just one

#3 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

oh hell yes! thing is though i heard it was 2 scenes not just one

yupe, this is the mid credit scene, like Avengers, the end credit scene is mostly a joke like the "shawarma" scene.

#4 Edited by bernardopina (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, i was blown away by this scene. Three things lost me, though. I've read "Thanos's Quest", "Infinity Gauntler", "Infinity Cruzade" and "Infinity War", and can't figure out this:

1. The Tesseract is actually an Inifinity Gem? It makes sense, since it's so powerfull, but there isn't any mention to Asgardian people on all the histories i mentioned above (besides, of course, of the presence of Thor among earth heroes). If the Tesseract is so intrinsic to Thor's history, shouldn't be any mention on the comics? If there are, wich comics should i look for?

2. The Aether on Dark World's history is an infinity gem too. On the comics, there are no mention at all to a gem that is "fluid" (all of them are full solid gems). Is there a movie's thing or it is explained on any comic?

3. One last thing... Does any comic explains how the former owners of infinity gems got them? Does the Collector got his on the comics the same way he got his on the movie?

Thanks!

#5 Posted by comicbookfan93 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@bernardopina: well I believe that tesseract and aether have been adapted and created for the MCU and so it makes sense to start building up the gems by using these powerful items as the gems. As for the 3rd point I have no idea

#6 Posted by Al_capOWN (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Who?

#7 Posted by bernardopina (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Another piece of thought here... On the comics, all the Infinity Gems are called Infinity GEMS, not Infinity Stones. So, why they are calling the Tesseract and Aether "Infinity STONES"? There are a couple of theories going on the internet, and one that seems more plausible is that the Infinity Stones kinda power or wake the Infinty Gems. Does that make any sense to you?

One other thing that hit me today... I always thought the Tesseract was the Cosmic Cube. Seems not to be... =/

#8 Edited by TazzMission (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@bernardopina said:

Another piece of thought here... On the comics, all the Infinity Gems are called Infinity GEMS, not Infinity Stones. So, why they are calling the Tesseract and Aether "Infinity STONES"? There are a couple of theories going on the internet, and one that seems more plausible is that the Infinity Stones kinda power or wake the Infinty Gems. Does that make any sense to you?

One other thing that hit me today... I always thought the Tesseract was the Cosmic Cube. Seems not to be... =/

if you look at lokis sceptre from avengers you see a stone

that big blue gem

infinity gaunlet on display a few years back. notice the big blue gem

#9 Edited by Ciriaco (15 posts) - - Show Bio

3. One last thing... Does any comic explains how the former owners of infinity gems got them? Does the Collector got his on the comics the same way he got his on the movie?

Thanks!

I haven't seen the movie, but it is briefly explained in Silver Surver v3 #7 how the Collector, and the other Elders who had gems, got them. Thanos had collected all the gems (soul gems as they where called in the early days) in The Avengers Annual #7 and merged them into one big gem which he used as a cannon of sorts to destroy stars. Iron Man shattered the big gem into pieces again and the Elders set out to find them. The Collector explains how he was alerted to one of the Gems existence just before he was killed by Korvac and that he could collect the gem after his resurrection (thanks to the Grandmasters game with Death).