#1 Posted by JetiiMitra (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems to me that any and every mutant in Marvel eventually gets dragged into something to do with an X-team. I was wondering if there were any mutants that have had their own series and stayed independent of the various mutant alliances throughout Marvel. And if not, would you find a series like that interesting?

#2 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

It seems to me that any and every mutant in Marvel eventually gets dragged into something to do with an X-team. I was wondering if there were any mutants that have had their own series and stayed independent of the various mutant alliances throughout Marvel. And if not, would you find a series like that interesting?

None that has had a solo series.

I'd be interested.

#3 Posted by JetiiMitra (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

None that has had a solo series.

I'd be interested.

But there have been characters like that?

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Justice has never been a part of any X-men or X-men affiliated team, he was a New Warrior and an Avenger but I don't think he's ever had a solo.

#5 Posted by SC (13206 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Man kind of did, Wolverine has a few times, except he usually was considered a part of the roster during his temporary absences. Does Namor count by your criteria?

#6 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Toro who was the side-kick of the original Human Torch was technically Marvel's first mutant until they retconned it and said Namor was a mutant, he died before the X-men were formed.

#7 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants with no X-relations. Justice. Franklin Richards. Molly Hayes. Manifold. Radius. Flex. Murmur. Namorita.

#8 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by JetiiMitra (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Justice has never been a part of any X-men or X-men affiliated team, he was a New Warrior and an Avenger but I don't think he's ever had a solo.

That's true, I forgot about Vance.

@sc said:

X-Man kind of did, Wolverine has a few times, except he usually was considered a part of the roster during his temporary absences. Does Namor count by your criteria?

Namor, along with Cloak and Dagger, is one of the prime examples of the sort-of-gripe I have with mutants in Marvel. For a long time Namor did his own stuff, joined some teams, antagonized some people, had a few guest appearances - you know, he was his own. And then was a confirmed mutant. And joined the X-men. It seems like there's a rule that mutants have to have something to do with the X-verse no matter what (though Justice is a clear contradiction).

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: I would love to see some mutant heroes tell the X-men to piss off and do there own thing.

#11 Posted by SC (13206 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Toro who was the side-kick of the original Human Torch was technically Marvel's first mutant until they retconned it and said Namor was a mutant, he died before the X-men were formed.

From what I remember Toro is a retcon as well and there were other characters who were mutants before him too, but he does predate Namor.

I agree, though, I think there is about a decade of stories between before Namor actually joined X-Men and when he was confirmed as a X-Gene carrying mutant. Then again depends on how one is going by (1990 series vs Illuminati mini series) but either way your point remains.

#12 Posted by JetiiMitra (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants with no X-relations. Justice. Franklin Richards. Molly Hayes. Manifold. Radius. Flex. Murmur. Namorita.

Not gonna lie, haven't heard of these. I'm glad they exist though.

@mitran: I would love to see some mutant heroes tell the X-men to piss off and do there own thing.

Right? It's not like every mutant wants to do whatever it is the various X-teams are doing at the moment. They can do whatever they want, same as normal superhumans.

#13 Posted by MaccyD (4504 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Manifold is a member of the current Avenger team.

Scarlet Witch and quicksilver has always been Avengers, not X-men if that counts.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: Quicksilver was a member of 2 incarnations of X-Factor

#15 Posted by JetiiMitra (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@mitran: Manifold is a member of the current Avenger team.

Scarlet Witch and quicksilver has always been Avengers, not X-men if that counts.

They've always been Avengers, but what with their ties to Magneto, they're definitely a part of the X-verse. Still, I see where you're coming from.

#16 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler Can you think of anyone?

other than the ones you mentioned? ..mm.. just one:

..though I gather that's still disputed in some circles..

#17 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

@oldnightcrawler Can you think of anyone?

other than the ones you mentioned? ..mm.. just one:

..though I gather that's still disputed in some circles..

That's right. He is supposed to have some sort of bird telepathy.

#18 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@knighthood said:

Not gonna lie, haven't heard of these. I'm glad they exist though.

Alpha Flight related. Other than Manifold.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards was a defacto member of Generation X for a few Months after the Onslaught event. He lived with them at the institute. And Molly Hayes knocked the f**k out of Wolverine (I know that doesn't affliate her with the X-men I just love reminding people of one of the best ever scenes in comics.

#20 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Really, you're seriously going to argue that Cable is unaffiliated with the X-men? Have you ever read a comic that features Cable?

#22 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Cable founded the first X-Force and was briefly a member of X-men proper, not to mention he's currently the leader of X-Force, and is the child of Cyclops. Cable is about as X-men affiliated as you can get without being Professor X or one of the O5.

#24 Posted by phisigmatau (522 posts) - - Show Bio

my fault

i read the full op yesterday

but didn't today and just posted.

my fault

#25 Posted by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Oscars94 (2580 posts) - - Show Bio

Weren't Cloak and Dagger seperate from the other mutants for most of their stories?

#27 Edited by tigerkaya (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: It was confirmed that they were never mutants.