• 86 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the saddest death you have ever seen in any Marvel comic? Mine's were:

Colossus' death in "Legacy Virus arc" Colossus sacrificing his life during the Legacy Virus arc was so sad because he was willing to give up his life to save all the people he loved.

Jean Grey's death in "The Dark Phoenix Saga:" It was so sad because of the fact that Jean Grey sacrificed her life to save the world from her dark phoenix persona.

Nightcrawler's Death in "Second Coming:" Nightcrawler dying is always sad since he's such a lovable character. His death still affects everyone to this very day.

#2 Edited by awesomex (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Saddest Marvel Comic Death? I have to say it was The Death of Captain Marvel.

#3 Edited by awesomex (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Saddest DC Comic Death was The Death of Superman.

#4 Posted by jloneblackheart (5867 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#5 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (10361 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I would say the Death of Spider-man in the Ultimate universe was pretty sad because there is a big chance he will not be comeing back since it is the ultimate universe. With deaths in the regular universe there is always a big chance for a hero to come back ,but with the ultimate universe there is not.

#6 Posted by SoA (5733 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler in second coming

...and Sabretooth in Wolverine #55

#7 Posted by Superguy0009e (2404 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone's death in Ultimatum

#8 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (491 posts) - - Show Bio

the death of goliath in civil war. it was not a minor character but really ment something...!

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler's. Sure, it may have been unnecessary, but he was the best of what the X-Men had to offer.

#10 Posted by Rogan2112 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey in Dark Phoenix Saga... I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember (especially since the impact of it has been completely negated) but at the time it was one of the most powerful, moving, and sad events in comics for almost a decade. Nightcrawler's death and the aftermath SHOULD have been a huge tragedy, if it had been handled correctly if it hadn't been treated as such an almost minor, throw away moment. Thy way they handled it and the half assed "funeral" pretty much made me drop the X comics. It's happened before, and I'm sure I'll start reading them again once there are fewer of them, they make some sort of sense, and don't suck again. :)

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rogan2112 said:

Jean Grey in Dark Phoenix Saga... I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember (especially since the impact of it has been completely negated) but at the time it was one of the most powerful, moving, and sad events in comics for almost a decade. Nightcrawler's death and the aftermath SHOULD have been a huge tragedy, if it had been handled correctly if it hadn't been treated as such an almost minor, throw away moment. Thy way they handled it and the half assed "funeral" pretty much made me drop the X comics. It's happened before, and I'm sure I'll start reading them again once there are fewer of them, they make some sort of sense, and don't suck again. :)

I agree that Jean's death during the Dark Phoenix Saga was easily the most memorable death ever! I don't like the fact that they keep bringing her back and making her death during the Dark Phoenix Saga seem meaningless. I also agree that Nightcrawler's death seem rushed and unnecessary, even though it was still sad.

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e said:

Everyone's death in Ultimatum

Yeah, I can't believe everyone died in there.

#14 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler and Colossus maybes.

#15 Edited by SmoothJammin (2411 posts) - - Show Bio

Caps death in Civil War was kind of sad

#16 Posted by cosmo111687 (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Lace from The Runaways. :(

#17 Posted by DrKellogg (75 posts) - - Show Bio
Death of Gwen Stacy

The Death of Gwen Stacy. The fact that Spider-Man felt he was to blame

#18 Posted by krilling (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

Karen Page in the second DD volume (#5). I remember how it touched me.

#19 Posted by Caligula (12661 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Archlord (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Saddest death is Spiderman in The Othere where he saves MJ, and soon after dies in her arms. (Sort of)

Does this count as a death?

#21 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: Definitely Jean's death. It's the definition of grandeur. Sacrificing herself to save the world, her teammates, her love.

#22 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler, it's always sad to see the innocent guy die. Especially knowing what he went through all his life, his faith etc.

Although this could also be seen as the beest death because it was in character, and you got to see him go out 'sacrificing' himself, kinda like Jesus had to, especially with his faith being such a distinguishable part of his character.

#23 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (633 posts) - - Show Bio

Angels's recent death. It wasn't the death of the character that was particularly sad, rather the way he died.

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Rabbitearsblog: Definitely Jean's death. It's the definition of grandeur. Sacrificing herself to save the world, her teammates, her love.

Yeah, it was so sad...

#25 Posted by BlackArmor (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Rogers

#26 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Morph from the X-men animated series. It might not count since he didn't actually die and it was out of comics, but it tore me up as a kid.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I'm going with Morph from the X-men animated series. It might not count since he didn't actually die and it was out of comics, but it tore me up as a kid.

Oh yeah! I remembered Morph's death too! It was so sad! I kind of wish that he was in the comics.

#28 Posted by Baddamdog (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler Karen Page Gwen Stacy Psylocke Meggan All up there

#29 Posted by Nudeviking (485 posts) - - Show Bio
Magik dying in Uncanny X-Men 303 was particularly sad.
#30 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

Magik dying in Uncanny X-Men 303 was particularly sad.

Oh yeah! Magik's death was really sad.

#31 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7682 posts) - - Show Bio

Gertrude Yorkes anyone ?

#32 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7682 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I'm going with Morph from the X-men animated series. It might not count since he didn't actually die and it was out of comics, but it tore me up as a kid.

I know what you mean.

#33 Posted by BlackArmor (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I'm going with Morph from the X-men animated series. It might not count since he didn't actually die and it was out of comics, but it tore me up as a kid.

Oh yeah! I remembered Morph's death too! It was so sad! I kind of wish that he was in the comics.

He was in the comics and he did die he just didn't go by morph

#34 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I'm going with Morph from the X-men animated series. It might not count since he didn't actually die and it was out of comics, but it tore me up as a kid.

Oh yeah! I remembered Morph's death too! It was so sad! I kind of wish that he was in the comics.

He was in the comics and he did die he just didn't go by morph

Oh! That's probably why I didn't remember...

#35 Edited by BlackArmor (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I'm going with Morph from the X-men animated series. It might not count since he didn't actually die and it was out of comics, but it tore me up as a kid.

Oh yeah! I remembered Morph's death too! It was so sad! I kind of wish that he was in the comics.

He was in the comics and he did die he just didn't go by morph

Oh! That's probably why I didn't remember...

Yeah they called him changeling (which is why DC doesn't use that name for beast boy) and prof X asked him to impersonate him while he went and did something

http://www.comicvine.com/changeling/29-12636/

#36 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6484 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I'm going with Morph from the X-men animated series. It might not count since he didn't actually die and it was out of comics, but it tore me up as a kid.

Oh yeah! I remembered Morph's death too! It was so sad! I kind of wish that he was in the comics.

He was in the comics and he did die he just didn't go by morph

Oh! That's probably why I didn't remember...

Yeah they called him changeling (which is why DC doesn't use that name for beast boy) and prof X asked him to impersonate him while he went and did something

http://www.comicvine.com/changeling/29-12636/

Thanks! I'll check this out!

#37 Posted by InfiniteMassPunch (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel.

Not my scan by the way.

#38 Posted by RainEffect (3376 posts) - - Show Bio

Foggy's 'death' in Daredevil.
 
Matt's stuck in solitary, whilst he hears every single second of Foggy being stabbed. It was horrible.

#39 Posted by etragedy (2606 posts) - - Show Bio
@awesomex said:

Saddest Marvel Comic Death? I have to say it was The Death of Captain Marvel.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#40 Edited by The_Peter_Cosmic (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

I'm going with Morph from the X-men animated series. It might not count since he didn't actually die and it was out of comics, but it tore me up as a kid.

Oh yeah! I remembered Morph's death too! It was so sad! I kind of wish that he was in the comics.

He was in the comics and he did die he just didn't go by morph

Yeah, I knew there was a 616 version of him that also died, I just meant that the animated series was the super sad instance. Judging from his profile pic, Changeling looks like a character I'd want to see dead.

#41 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (671 posts) - - Show Bio

The death of johnny storm the human torch.

I cried and still do if i read it

#42 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (4067 posts) - - Show Bio

The Night Gwen Stacy died........

Beata

#43 Posted by Squares (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer's death in Silver Surfer:Requiem was pretty sad, as was Nightcrawler's in Second Coming.

#44 Posted by Spideysense44 (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler death

#45 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (9779 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them are sad because they all came back.

#46 Edited by devilsgrin81 (803 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them are sad because they all came back.

quoted for truth. Even tho i teared up a little at Colossus' selfish/self-sacrificial death and was gobsmacked seeing Nightcrawler die... i knew it wouldn't last.

#47 Posted by theknoledgeoflife (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesomex: definetly spideys death, had the most suspense and action, best ending to a hero

#48 Posted by MaccyD (5476 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (9779 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by BullPR (1834 posts) - - Show Bio

Me.

(Baby beyonder in SWII).

Seriously now, as noted above, Jean Grey's death has lost+++ of its impact since I read it 30 years ago, but at the time, the feeling was quite strong.

Now: Captain Marvel (death still "real") and Gwen (same reason).