inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

The last time Marvel made an announcement on "The View," it was revealed that someone else would gain the power of Thor and it would be a woman. It was a pretty big announcement that led to a pretty big series from Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman. Now, Marvel has announced they will be making another announcement in a recent press release:

Marvel is excited to announce that on Friday, February 6th, at 11AM EST, as part of Marvel’s mega-event, SECRET WARS, it will be announcing its latest game-changing title live on the Emmy-Winning, daily talk show “The View”.

While that's all we really have to go on, there's also the title of said press release which is "MARVEL COMICS MAKES A FORCEFUL ANNOUNCEMENT ON “THE VIEW!" The key word to for this is "forceful." It's leading to a lot of speculation that in some way, the Star Wars universe may be involved in the upcoming SECRET WARS event. Maybe we're jumping the gun a little bit, since the Star Wars universe just joined up with Marvel, but it could be a cool addition to SECRET WARS.

What do you think the announcement will be?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Han Solo is going to be replaced by Hannah Solo!

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

"but it could be a cool addition to SECRET WARS."

no....no it wouldn't.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nobody watching the view is gonna care

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

But seriously Tom Brevoort said on his tumblr that they couldn't incorporate Star Wars in to the Marvel Multiverse even if they wanted to.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These view announcements are actually pretty smart, introduces things to an audience that probably isn't familiar with them.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: I think the idea is the people who watch The View might keep it in mind for their kids. Before the 1980's advertisements for kids things were geared towards the parents of children more than the actual children.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin, Loki, Balder, Tyr, Heimdal, Freyr, Surtur and Njöror will all be women in future story lines because they all are unworthy of their names.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"Makes a forceful announcement"

I didn't even think of Star Wars, initially. I just thought it sounded like they were being forced to announce it.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader will make an appearance in Battleworld, and take down Iron Man and Captain America with the help of Doctor Doom, thus forming the the beginning of the new Galactic Empire.

Emperor Vader and his apprentice Lord Doom, will also get their own mini-series.

MrStryve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrStryve

I love milk. I love orange juice. When I want either I will happily consume them one at a time but I that doesn't mean I would at any time mix the two together. Not without being excessively drunk first.

That being said, if they do announce a merging of the universes for even the briefest time frame I will most certainly call out the creative team for being excessively drunk.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke, I am your mother

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Being that they are releasing it on the View, can it be anything other than a diversity related announcement?

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I understand Disney owns ABC and Marvel, but The View's audience still seems an odd demographic to be gunnin' for.

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No announcement from Marvel or DC would make me tune in to watch the view.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dotwilson
@cap10nate said:

Being that they are releasing it on the View, can it be anything other than a diversity related announcement?

def not. the announcement will 100% involve: women, minorities, and any other characters/creators who aren't white males.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

BWHAHAH THis is hilarious.

The View. HAHAHAHA

~MiB

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Man, Marvel really has high opinions of themselves of they ever think I'd ever watch the View for something I could see on here within the hour it's released.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

These view announcements are actually pretty smart, introduces things to an audience that probably isn't familiar with them.

Marvel seems to be really good at doing that. DC could learn a thing or two :/

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, but aren't they also announcing them to the people least likely to care?

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly doubt it's a Star Wars and MU crossover. Multiple people have stated its something that just isn't going to happen. Although, crazier things have been done...

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new character/series based on Whoopi. nailed it.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Darth Vader will make an appearance in Battleworld, and take down Iron Man and Captain America with the help of Doctor Doom, thus forming the the beginning of the new Galactic Empire.

Emperor Vader and his apprentice Lord Doom, will also get their own mini-series.

I'd pay to get this produced :)

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Glad to see Marvel is seeking out its target audience...

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By SpitfirePanda

I think I know why they're using The View. It's primarily a gossip show, so word of mouth must be a powerful factor. Or else that show is tanking and they're desperate to give it a reason to be relevant.

Avatar image for violet_davenport
Violet_Davenport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Marvel really has high opinions of themselves of they ever think I'd ever watch the View for something I could see on here within the hour it's released.

It's not so much for comic book fans as it is for general audiences. Announcing things on places like the View, or the Colbert Report or what have you brings Marvel and comics to the attention of a wider demographic than just comic book fans who will seek out this news from their regular sources anyways. The View viewership is far higher than the amount of people who pick up comic books.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay(!)

Another Announcement(!)

Sarcasm

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing maybe its about the Captain Marvel movie or X-Force with a female leader (like Storm or Dazzler or Hope)

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nope. Still not watching The View. But I am interested to hear what the news is, but not that desperate.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the "Forceful" is that they are forcing diversity on us no matter what we think, how dumb it may seem or how much it ruins a story, so get use to it.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Probably just another pointless gender swap of an established character.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

But seriously Tom Brevoort said on his tumblr that they couldn't incorporate Star Wars in to the Marvel Multiverse even if they wanted to.

good. they shouldnt be mixing

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Fantastic Force?

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crimz

Invisible woman solo.....

No Caption Provided

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for reals though.... wasn't Gamora suppose to get her own solo series? It was announced last NYCC i think. Maybe this is the same announcement with some new details..

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

no....no it wouldn't.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024 said:

It's not so much for comic book fans as it is for general audiences. Announcing things on places like the View, or the Colbert Report or what have you brings Marvel and comics to the attention of a wider demographic than just comic book fans who will seek out this news from their regular sources anyways. The View viewership is far higher than the amount of people who pick up comic books.

That said, I highly doubt that The View increases readership.

The Colbert Report, I could agree on, because I sort of see them gunning at the same demographic, but that same demo might not have as many comic book fans.

fattytravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably just another pointless gender swap of an established character.

Which shows how "diverse" Marvel really is. Because giving a female or black male character instant mainstream recognition by placing them upon a pedestal built by a white male character is how you be "diverse". Right? That's how it works, isn't it?

(I'm agreeing with your point, of course. Not being cheeky.)

Avatar image for violet_davenport
Violet_Davenport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@violet_davenport said:

@transformers1024 said:

That said, I highly doubt that The View increases readership.

The Colbert Report, I could agree on, because I sort of see them gunning at the same demographic, but that same demo might not have as many comic book fans.

I absolutely agree.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

no....no it wouldn't.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which part of this is more strange. A big comic book announcement on the View or Star Wars VS Marvel in BattleWorld??

Tune in to the View to find out! (or don't)

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fattytravy: I acknowledge your agreement and appreciate it.

But wouldn't it be funny if this so-called "big" announcement turned out to be that they were going to replace an established female character with a male version of that character.

fsfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've finally invested some time and money into a good games development company to make Marvel games as good as their movies.

TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: very very very true. I dont see the View as a very good platform to make an announcement about comics

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joec_mommy: @anjon: Perhaps, but the view has a huge audience so if they don't even try they aren't going to get new readers. Plus I'm assuming it must have helped sales before when they went on it otherwise I'm not sure why they would be doing it again.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FearTheLiving

@transformers1024 said:

I doubt the View announcement is for people who are interested in it. Marvel knows we'll seek it out. This is to gather some new readers and tell people about their product who might not know about it. They did the same thing with the Age of Ultron 2nd Trailer.