#1 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I have decided to catch up pre-Marvel NOW! titles. I am a perfectionist when it comes to reading titles in order, so if anyone can help me make sure this list is correct and complete that would be grateful.

IRON MAN

1. The Five Nightmares
  2. World's Most Wanted
  3. Stark Disassembled
  4. Stark Resilient
  5. Demons

THOR

1. Thor #1-12, then #600-606
  2. Thor #610-621
  3. The Mighty Thor #1-22

CAPTAIN AMERICA

1. Winter Soldier: Ultimate Collection
  2. Red Menace: Ultimate Collection
  3. The Death of Captain America: Ultimate Collection
  4. The Man With No Face
  5. Captain America Reborn

FANTASTIC FOUR

Fantastic Four Vol. 1-6

THE NEW AVENGERS

1. Breakout
  2. The Sentry
  3. Secrets and Lies
  4. The Collective

CROSSOVERS

1. Civil War
  2. Secret Invasion
  3. Siege
  4. Fear Itself
  5. Avengers vs. X-Men

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

1. Annihilation
  2. Annihilation: Conquest

#4 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

May at least one person respond? Please?

#5 Posted by pikahyper (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks about right, Thor looks a little off though and I think some things are missing from Crossovers, Dark Reign and something else.

#6 Posted by pikahyper (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

Are these things you want to read? cause there were a lot of Thor specials in the run you listed that should be read and then there are some smaller crossovers that were good like Utopia that had ramifications in the rest of the Marvel Universe, Annihilation would be good to add as well

#7 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I didn't list the Thor arcs due to weird numberings, but what other series should I read?(PRE-Marvel NOW!)

#8 Posted by pikahyper (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: I loved Annihilation, I just started Utopia and it's not bad.

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxxddd said:

I didn't list the Thor arcs due to weird numberings, but what other series should I read?(PRE-Marvel NOW!)

Yeah the lists look more or less right. I'd recommend both Hickman's FF and Ed Brubaker's Captain America, these are both superb pre-NOW arcs. Brubaker's Cap especially, completes the 'Big Three' along with Fraction's Iron Man and J. Michael's Thor.

Brubaker's Cap goes:

Winter Soldier: Ultimate Collection
Red Menace: Ultimate Collection

The Death of Captain America: Ultimate Collection

The Man With No Face

Captain America Reborn

J. Hickman's FF goes:

Fantastic Four Vol. 1-6

FF Vol. 1-3

If memory serves.

#10 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Do you mean Annihilation, then Annihilation: Conquest?

@veshark: I'm checking this site for the chronological order(seeing as how this is the biggest comic editing site in the world), so it'll take me a while before I edit my list. Don't think I'm ignoring you, your input is much appreciated:)

#11 Edited by pikahyper (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Annihilation and then probably the main mini's of Conquest as the other tie-ins weren't usually as good.

#12 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@veshark: I'm checking this site for the chronological order(seeing as how this is the biggest comic editing site in the world), so it'll take me a while before I edit my list. Don't think I'm ignoring you, your input is much appreciated:)

No problem, take your time, just happy to help. Let me know if you need anything ;)

#13 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: No worries, I was planning on reading the main arc of "Conquest" anyway.

@veshark: I heard Mark Millar's Fantastic Four run was pretty good, is it worth the read?

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@veshark: I heard Mark Millar's Fantastic Four run was pretty good, is worth the read?

NO. NO. Stay the hell away from that garbage. Art is nice, but Millar has no idea how to write the FF, it's a terribly slow and boring read.