Is there a war between Fox and Marvel?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

I here a lot of talk that Fox is being deliberately difficult about rights with Marvel Studios, and that Marvel is apparently killing Wolverine and ending the FF book in retaliation? True or not true in your opinions?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

They are rivalry studios so there is bound to be tension... I think those rumours have been debunked now... Journalists have got to earn their money some how...

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't supported a Fox Abattoirs film of Marvel characters at the box office for several years now.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

The Fantastic Four aren't going anywhere. Issue 13 they're going back to their blue and black.

No Caption Provided

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

The Fantastic Four aren't going anywhere. Issue 13 they're going back to their blue and black.

No Caption Provided

Loving this current series.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack said:

No Caption Provided

Loving this current series.

Yeah but I'm not a big fan of Reed, Johnny, and Sue having the exact same outfit. I like how their Future Foundation outfits were all matching but had suddle differences to make them unique. I also don't really like the belts at all. I think the way the suit looked in New Avengers would have been a better choice.

No Caption Provided

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By chem86

If there is a "war"/dispute between fox and marvel, marvel just got a heavier hand to play with. GoTG proved marvel doesn't need x-men or FF at all, at least they won't anytime soon while Kevin Feige is alive and kicking. If they can turn super unknown characters like they did in Guardians into super hits, what do they need x-men and FF for...they don't. Guardians out has out preformed all x-men movies by a mile at the box office and/or overall reviews, and leaves FF movies in the dust.

Days of Future past spent $30 million more than GoTG to make their movie, had the x-men title on it(aka: my mom/sister know who the x-men are) which means they will sell tickets from the popular name brand alone...and Guardians still destroyed Days of Future past at the box office.

So GoTG didn't have a crazy budget to work with, they were SUPER unknown characters(most my fellow nerds had never heard of them before even), and the movie still was amazing and has had great success.

Basically my point is, that if marvel can make Guardians a bigger hit than the newest and biggest X-men movie, marvel has more than plenty material to work with. Marvel has a crazy huge pool of characters and stories to choose from, and that pool just got SOOOOO much deeper showing marvel can take something from it's scrap pile and turn it into gold...while fox struggles to do a good film with classic well branded characters.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: So I guess everyone is going to over look Reed's actions with the Illuminati.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I don't think it's a war between Marvel and Fox per se, but they're just doing business and it's in their nature to compete with each other, especially since both companies have characters from the Marvel Universe (Fox has X-Men and Fantastic Four and Marvel has everything else except Spider-Man which is owned by Sony).

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if bleeding cool is to be trusted they will cancel the book soon.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sealife: So in other words, it won't be canceled. In all seriousness though I checked other sites and nobody else is reporting on this, meaning it's probably not true.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

CBR have done so months ago and Comicbookmovie is also doing it now.

I think they are tactically(?) going to split up the team and therefore going to cancel the book.

Conveniently at the same time as the original release date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe the book was canceled and wolverine is dying because of the movie thing, but of course there is tension.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like Jayc1324 I don't believe that's why Wolverine is dead. He just became overused. So they decided to put him to rest for some time.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@krspacet said:

I here a lot of talk that Fox is being deliberately difficult about rights with Marvel Studios, and that Marvel is apparently killing Wolverine and ending the FF book in retaliation? True or not true in your opinions?

This was addressed months ago as nonsense. Why would Marvel cost themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars just to stick one in Fox? That makes literally no sense and it wouldn't even work anyway. What loon is going to see a Wolverine movie being made and say to themselves, "Well I'm not going to see that crap because Wolverine was killed in the comics"?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@chem86: ...I liked DoFP more than GotG...

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Writers and artists also have been told not to use FF related characters in other books and especially not on covers according to bleedingcool.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

It would be kind of odd and low for Marvel to take down the Fantastic Four just because they don't have the movie rights to them. I probably would have believed this more if X-Men and Spiderman were also being affected by this because Marvel also doesn't have the movie rights to those films.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

You Americans and your calling things wars. I mean really, Marvel and Fox are not actually at war.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is war, Marvel is planning 2 cancel them so someone who hasn't heard of fantastic four so they won't watch the movie releasing in 2015, but that would be stupid, because if the movie is liked and goes on it2 be a big hit, that will boost the sales of fantastic four. So i doubt it is getting cancelled and the whole point of this forum is stupid.