I want to get into Marvel comics. Tips?

BarryAKAFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have loved DC comics since I was 10 years old. I especially enjoy The Flash.

I have a couple of friends who say I should read Marvel, so I decided why not.

I thought maybe Deadpool would be a good start.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender would be a good start. Not only does it have Deadpool as a member of the team, but it's my personal favorite incarnation of the X-Force team. You still get your funny comments in from Deadpool but you also get to see his caring side and his heroic side in this run.

I would also recommend the current mini series going on right now Hawkeye vs Deadpool. A good and fun, hilarious team up with Hawkeye , Deadpool and Kate Bishop. Only four issues plus the prelude.

And you can always pick up his latest ongoing in trade form. But I would recommend to pick up Deadpool Merc With A Mouth. My personal favorite Deadpool book.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

try the new thor comic, its kinda new comer friendly, the book itself should catch you up on things

also read the recent hawkeye series

Avatar image for timetraveltravetz
TimeTravelTravetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will advise you to stick with DC and don't even bother to jump into Marvel. If you ever planning too, just try Magneto. Is the only book you won't regret.

bernardopina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bernardopina

There are many great stories on Marvel universe. The ones i most enjoyed reading are:

- Planet Hulk (Hulk is "banished" from earth and end up in a barbarian planed needing to be sorta gladiator to survive) (of course, worth mentioning World War Hulk after Planet Hulk's reading, to understand what happens next).

- The Ultimates (the whole novel made me feel like i were in a movie, not reading a comic... it's superb)

- Ms. Marvel (current title) (that's a very pleasant surprise... good history, script and very, very nice art... also, may introduce tou to the Inhumans. give it a try)

-Ultimate Spider-man (give you another look, a very nice one, of the spidey... really enjoyed this one)

If you happen to like the above, you should try a couple of events, like Civil War.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@barryakaflash: Are you looking for books to jump into right now and follow monthly, or do you want recommendations on great Marvel stories to read to familiarize yourself with the Marvel Universe?

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@barryakaflash: You can never go wrong with Spider-Man. Especially currently.

Night_Fire22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barryakaflash: I would start by doing a little bit of research online on some peoples backstories and go from there. Find someone or a story line that interests you and buy the collections. Marvel Now is also a great jumping on point, so pick some and start reading from there, doing research on their history as quesions arise.