#1 Posted by flameboy298 (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackman has insisted the move would be an exciting one for fans: "I'm in for it, I'm totally up for it because I think that would be really exciting for fans," said Jackman.

The actor has also allegedly already spoken to someone at Marvel in the hope of pushing for his famous character from the X-Men involved, according to Worst Previews.

"I said, 'Can this happen?' and he goes 'Look, it's not gonna be easy.' But I'm optimistic, I find it impossible that there's not a way to bring Iron Man, all the 'Avengers' characters, Wolverine, the 'X-Men' characters, Spider-Man, and somehow get them together," he stated.

I dont think anything would be wrong for a small cameo but a role in the movie?I think its too early for Wolverine to come in..

Hugh Jackman want that paycheck.

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6536 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackman has insisted the move would be an exciting one for fans: "I'm in for it, I'm totally up for it because I think that would be really exciting for fans," said Jackman.

Maybe some fans. That's a big statement if he thinks everyone wants this.

#3 Posted by TheFool (93 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for it if it means all the Mighty Marvels are playing for the same team. Realistically, though? Fox and Sony could care less about storytelling and fans. But good on Hugh Jackman. Dream your dreams, bro.

#4 Edited by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Millennian (29 posts) - - Show Bio

An Avengers movie with the Big 4 (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk), Wolverine and Spider-Man would literally destroy the Box-Office but seeing how FOX and Sony are greedy bastards who want to rise above Marvel while completely copying their "shared universe" technique, it's not going to happen for awhile. I agree though, it seems as if Hugh Jackman wants in for the cash - Jackman KNOWS that fans want to see Wolverine in an Avengers which is why he keeps on teasing/saying in various interviews that he's been trying to talk with some executives to make it happen.

#6 Edited by flashrobin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@millennian:

Its not possible for Wolverine for even to be in the film anyways because Fox has the rights...am i right?

#7 Edited by MrShway88 (679 posts) - - Show Bio

For whatever reason he wants to be in the movie whether its actually for the fans or a larger paycheck, it's not his choice to make.

#8 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298 said:

Maybe some fans. That's a big statement if he thinks everyone wants this.

Yeah but he's mostly talking about casual fans and he is right, most of them would love to see Wolverine in Avengers 2. I can't count how many times I've heard non comic book readers ask where Wolverine was during The Avengers and say they want to see him in the next one. Jackman as Wolverine along with RDJ as Iron Man would make some serious money.

#9 Posted by Cap10nate (2728 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they don't get the rights back and have all the characters in a shared cinematic universe. It's great for comics with many titles that come out on a monthly basis. Completely different with movies that take 2 plus years to create for only 2 plus hours of scree time. Don't need more characters cluttering up the limited time available on the screen. There are plenty of great stories that can be translated into film in which the Avengers saved the day without the X-men or Spider-Man and vice versa.

Marvel could never manage the Avengers, X, and Spider-Man franchises at one time. It'd be 3-4 years between sequels instead of the under two years as it is now. It'd be hard to keep momentum for that long.

#10 Posted by tigerkaya (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I like them separated from on a another. Gives the Avengers more shine to the other members. That and I have

little interest in the X-men joining just to a avoid a pointless versus story.

#11 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

I would very much like to see Wolverine join the avengers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

#12 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see the X-men in Marvel's movie universe.
Could the companies work it out instead of competing hardcore?
((And has Sasha from The walking dead play Storm. YES!!!))

#13 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so

#14 Posted by flameboy298 (1917 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: Wolverine is a total bada$$ and Hugh Jackman is a perfect Wolverine.

#16 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else rather see other X-Men than Wolverine in the Marvel Film-verse? I'd rather see Cyclops vs. Captain America personally.

#17 Edited by Abhi471990 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine in avenger i likeeee. But Fox will die before surrendering wolverine to marvel

#18 Posted by Abhi471990 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

and i have heard that Avengers 3 might be based on WWH story line. In which we see entire marvel univers

#19 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL NO!!

#20 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Anyone else rather see other X-Men than Wolverine in the Marvel Film-verse? I'd rather see Cyclops vs. Captain America personally.

Most definitely the X-men have so many interesting character to choose from, yet stupid FOX is so damn bent focusing on Wolverine, makes me sick. personally i would love to see a Colossus/Kitty Pride movie.

#21 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

The actor has also allegedly already spoken to someone at Marvel in the hope of pushing for his famous character from the X-Men involved, according to Worst Previews.

"I said, 'Can this happen?' and he goes 'Look, it's not gonna be easy.' But I'm optimistic, I find it impossible that there's not a way to bring Iron Man, all the 'Avengers' characters, Wolverine, the 'X-Men' characters, Spider-Man, and somehow get them together," he stated.

I dont think anything would be wrong for a small cameo but a role in the movie?I think its too early for Wolverine to come in..

Hugh Jackman want that paycheck.

I doubt it FOX owns X-men Sony owns Spiderman I doubt until their contracts are up that either of the characters will be showing up in the Avengers movies.

#22 Posted by flameboy298 (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm: I sware I read something acouple days ago in the forums,A guy was talking about how Josh Whedon was going to include Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver in the Avengers 2 and said something about Fox coming to a agreement I'd have to find it again

#23 Posted by tigerkaya (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: good I like them to compete it keeps the teams from ever crossing over. It's better that way to avoid a tedious versus story.

#24 Posted by flashrobin (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerkaya: Exactly and it would just screw up the continuity even more,A small cameo sure but a role no.....

#25 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

While I prefer Wolverine as an Avenger rather than an X-Man, but I doubt we'll see any X-Men/Avengers movie crossovers anytime soon.

#26 Posted by flashrobin (168 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashrobin said:

@war_killer: Why's that?

Why I prefer Wolverine as an Avenger or why I don't believe we won't see any Avengers/X-Men movie crossover anytime soon?

#28 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojjimbo said:

@fodigg said:

Most definitely the X-men have so many interesting character to choose from, yet stupid FOX is so damn bent focusing on Wolverine, makes me sick. personally i would love to see a Colossus/Kitty Pride movie.

I like to see other X-Men come into the Marvel Film-verse also!

#29 Edited by flameboy298 (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: That should of happened along time ago x.x but most X-men films have been below Average

#30 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh its probably just me but given they are going cosmic route, they are better off introducing some heavy hitters then Wolverine.

#31 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: I know what your talking about I believe that They can't use their.could name or real names i forgot which one. An they cant talk about magneto I believe. Though it may have changed idk

#32 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: I know what your talking about I believe that They can't use their.could name or real names i forgot which one. An they cant talk about magneto I believe. Though it may have changed idk

#33 Posted by theLOSTpassenger (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: I say that I would not be on board with this. Wolverine dominates the X-Men films, as he is the central character in just about every single one and now has two solo films; he doesn't need to appear in anything else at this point. I also wouldn't want that because it would link the X-Men films to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the X-Men films are such a mess right now because they are loaded with continuity errors. It would have been okay if First Class had simply been left alone and regarded as a reboot, but Days of Future Past is to function as both a sequel to The Last Stand and to First Class, which is not narratively possible.

#34 Posted by flameboy298 (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelostpassenger: Exactly I just hated how in the majority of the X-men Films Wolverine is the main star and Cyclops barley had any feats nor had much screen time.As it seems it will be the same with X-men Days of Future Past

#35 Edited by adhd_assassin (532 posts) - - Show Bio

eiter way, marvel (now with disney's wallet backing them) and FOX are in a pissing match right now over quicksilver. in other words, no, wolverine will not be in the avengers 2

#36 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

it'll be weird seeing wolverine tower over Cap and near thor... lol.

#37 Posted by Henny_Say (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if Hugh would still be playing Wolverine by the time they start filming Avengers 3. By that time we would be seeing the real original avengers!

#38 Edited by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

It's cool that he wants to be in it, whatever the reason is. Doubt it happens though. Maybe Phase 4 or 5 could be an Avengers vs X-Men type storyline if they can work things out by then. Just speculating...

#39 Posted by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if Hugh would still be playing Wolverine by the time they start filming Avengers 3. By that time we would be seeing the real original avengers!

The real Avengers?

#40 Posted by SkyRobo1 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not. I like Wolverine and Spiderman but both this heroes are not Founding Avengers and I think Whedon's building the Avengers roster base on the Founding Avengers so having them on the team would be inaccurate.

I think.

#41 Posted by MaccyD (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep those Fox montroisites away from my Marvel Cinematic Universe!!!

#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24729 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else think it would be hysterical if Whedon cast Jackman as D-Man in Avengers 2?