#1 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of water, all dry, how strong is he? I was told he could throw a tank a few kilometers into the air and easily lift a full oil rig (about 200,000 tons). I have a strange feeling that it's either a lie or some serious PIS. Being somewhat ignorant when it comes to Marvel, I ask you: How strong is Namor out of water?

#2 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5103 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of water, all dry, how strong is he? I was told he could throw a tank a few kilometers into the air and easily lift a full oil rig (about 200,000 tons). I have a strange feeling that it's either a lie or some serious PIS. Being somewhat ignorant when it comes to Marvel, I ask you: How strong is Namor out of water?

I don't know what the biggest thing he lifted out of water was, but in Avengers #4 he throws a huge chunk of ice from the arctic circle to New York City. And he's been shown to be a capable match for the Hulk, so that should be pretty strong.

#3 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

I don't know what the biggest thing he lifted out of water was, but in Avengers #4 he throws a huge chunk of ice from the arctic circle to New York City. And he's been shown to be a capable match for the Hulk, so that should be pretty strong.

The arctic circle doesn't count as it's all ice (which is water). That's impressive nontheless, but if he was in a desert or something, would he be able to do the same?

#4 Posted by wolverine1610 (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to send The Thing flying across an island with a punch in avengers vs x-men and fight Sentry for a while

#5 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to send The Thing flying across an island with a punch in avengers vs x-men and fight Sentry for a while

You sure it wasn't PIS?

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (47932 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is class 100+ even out of water.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is Class 100 (able to lift over 100 tons) when in water or when out of water but still fully hydrated. As time goes by when Namor is out of water his strength gradually decreases to the point where he has been said to only be able to lift in the 40 to 50 tons range.

If he's out of water for quite an extended time his strength would probably decrease even further but, judging by his demonstration of strength when Johnny Storm first found him in the Bowery after he'd been missing for decades, would still remain superhuman.

#8 Edited by CrouchingTiger (148 posts) - - Show Bio

He's still up there with the best of em. Unless its for a really really really long time

#9 Posted by RunawayAvenger (628 posts) - - Show Bio

He is still capable of lifting more than the average Hulk out of water.

#10 Posted by God_Spawn (39298 posts) - - Show Bio

I made this post a few days ago in another thread. Hope it helps.

He shook an entire island by slamming both fists into the ground. While he was on the ground, he's thrown a tank through a flying 747's wing that was already at peak altitude. He traded blows with the likes of Hulk, Hercules, Iron Man, Thor, and the Thing on land. And even in his latest fight with the Thing about a year ago, right after Namor came from the water and one hit KO'd She-Hulk with Luke Cage, they both collided with each other and caused a shockwave that knocked everyone else's unconscious bodies away and almost knocked out the Apex, whom was watching from the sidelines undetected and was up in a tree IIRC.

#11 Edited by CaptnMcDeadpool (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is Class 100 (able to lift over 100 tons) when in water or when out of water but still fully hydrated. As time goes by when Namor is out of water his strength gradually decreases to the point where he has been said to only be able to lift in the 40 to 50 tons range.

If he's out of water for quite an extended time his strength would probably decrease even further but, judging by his demonstration of strength when Johnny Storm first found him in the Bowery after he'd been missing for decades, would still remain superhuman.

That's what the Marvel Handbook says, and what I read as well. I remember an old issue of Hulk (Incredible Hulk 118) where Hulk and Namor fought (underwater). It was epic! It ended with the two torpedoing each other. They collided head on. The collision caused a tsunami and knocked Hulk out of the water and knocked him out! By the time Namor went ashore, he had already reverted to Banner and still unconscious.