Does disney hold the right for cartoon x-men?

Avatar image for thespawnofazazel
thespawnofazazel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i know they dont own the movie rights but what about cartoons?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think they do have the rights to make cartoons.

Avatar image for thespawnofazazel
thespawnofazazel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: then why havent they made a cartoon about iceman teaming up with elsa from frozen? family friendly cartoon for everybody

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney hold the right to anything that come from Marvel.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: then why havent they made a cartoon about iceman teaming up with elsa from frozen? family friendly cartoon for everybody

Probably because it wouldn't make sense for them to make it. I could easily see Frozen cartoon or an X-Men cartoon, but certainly not a Frozen/X-Men cartoon.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@thespawnofazazel said:

Probably because it wouldn't make sense for them to make it. I could easily see Frozen cartoon or an X-Men cartoon, but certainly not a Frozen/X-Men cartoon.

Yeah, that probably wouldn't make sense anyway because the X-Men cartoon could be too dark to make a crossover with Frozen, unless they make the X-Men cartoon campy or light hearted.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um... no, no they don't.

Disney doesn't, nor Marvel even, have movies rights to either Spider-Man (and his stable of characters), The Fantasic Four (and all their related characters, most especially Doom, Galactus and Surfer) and The X-Men (and all the thousands of characters attached to that franchise). Most of the lesser characters are lapsing back to Marvel/Disney.

Animation rights are different, but i suspect these might be Marvel's still (or again... its been a while since we had an x-men animation... did Fox make Evolution, Anime or WatXM?)

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone said:

Um... no, no they don't.

Disney doesn't, nor Marvel even, have movies rights to either Spider-Man (and his stable of characters), The Fantasic Four (and all their related characters, most especially Doom, Galactus and Surfer) and The X-Men (and all the thousands of characters attached to that franchise). Most of the lesser characters are lapsing back to Marvel/Disney.

Animation rights are different, but i suspect these might be Marvel's still (or again... its been a while since we had an x-men animation... did Fox make Evolution, Anime or WatXM?)

Considering the context of this conversation, the answer is "Yes, yes they do." We're not talking about movie rights here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@moonlighterstone said:

Um... no, no they don't.

I think fox made Evolution.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@devilsgrin81: As far as I know Fox made the 90s series, Warner Bros made Evolution and WatXM and Anime was made by Marvel...

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good question. I wonder.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@devilsgrin81: Fox had a deal wit Nickelodeon that allowed them to maken WATX.and Warner bros an certain Canadian company's made EVO.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Moonlighterstone

@squares said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@moonlighterstone said:

Um... no, no they don't.

Then this is unfortunate. I thought Disney own every right that come from Marvel. I truly don't know why Marvel was sold to Disney? I thought Marvel was a lil too dark for Disney. LOL

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikeyJ122

Speaking of which, what are everyone's favorite story lines from that show?

Mine are:

1. Phoenix Saga

2. Dark Phoenix Saga

3. Beyond good and evil

4. Time Fugitives

5. Days of future past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@moonlighterstone said:

Um... no, no they don't.

Then this is unfortunate. I thought Disney own every right that come from Marvel. I truly don't know why Marvel was sold to Disney? I thought Marvel was a lil too dark for Disney. LOL

Marvel was bought by Disney, not sold to Disney. It's an important distinction.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Disney owns the writes to all marvel related animation.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@moonlighterstone said:

@squares said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@moonlighterstone said:

Um... no, no they don't.

Marvel was bought by Disney, not sold to Disney. It's an important distinction.

Bought by Disney, sold to Disney, who cares. Either way, Disney owns Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers